Arise Virtual Solutions

Arise Virtual Solutions Employer Reviews

Very fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Perris, CAFebruary 14, 2015
I loved working for this company. Being able to work from home was great. I was able to come up with my own hours but it also taught me a lot of discipline.
PF Chat, Supervisor, CSP (Former Employee), InternetFebruary 11, 2015
Pro: There is no management, you can work as many hours as you want, you can select the hours you want to work, and if you do not want to work certain hours that you have selected you can swap hours.

Cons: I have been working for Arise, off and on, since 2009. I have worked for two clients and held different positions--PF Chat, Supervisor, and CSP. During that time, I have learned that they do not stand for anything. They can treat you anyway they choose to, because they know there will be another person to take your place. They will never say you did not certify or you cannot do this or that, they will just sabotage you. They will alter your computer settings from their end so you cannot service the client. You will spend endless hours trying to get it fixed, but, in reality, Arise has alter your settings from their end so you cannot work! Or, for example, when you dial up to connect to the secured site to service, they will set your phone settings to make sure you are charged long-distance charges. That is what happened to me. I was charged around $2100 in long distance charges. I did not realize I was being charged until my contract was over. When I asked to be reimbursed, I received a no apology blurb from some document I never received saying that I could be charged long-distance charges. This year, I only worked during the holidays, but I really did not work after I paid that bill.
Good Job
Home Based Chat Support (Former Employee), Jetmore, KSFebruary 10, 2015
I wish there was more companies to work for with more hours and better pay. Company is overall a good company, but the training courses are high.
Great for someone wanting to work from home
Customer Service (Former Employee), WORK FROM HOMEJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: able to pick any hrs
Cons: pay can be confusing when the pay is by mins not hrs.
You can pick your own hrs. The training was really good and I hardly needed help from my managers, co-workers were helpful if your unable to reach a manager.
Great training programs
Virtual Independent Business Operator/CSP (Former Employee), Miramar, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: flexibility and the convenience of working from home
Cons: contract has to be renewed every 3 months, cannot take a real vacation because the time is so short
- The company has very flexible training hours and prepares you well for entering your contracts.
- Some programs are more user friendly than others.
- Constant problems signing in because of system errors and you will get penalized for logging in late even though it was a company issue, not a personal one.
- Fellow employees and FAs are very supportive
- The hardest thing about my job was the system errors
- The most enjoyable part of my job was receiving irate customers who, after resolving their issues became satisfied happy customers
Be careful
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), AlabamaJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: work from home, set your own schedule
Cons: constantly asking to pay for training, 6-8 weeks unpaid training, hours not guarenteed, pay rates not listed
I am currently looking for a part-time work from home position due to a family member on hospice requiring I have a flexible schedule. By the time I got through the process to find out what training was available, I realized this would not be a good solution for my situation. I wasted many hours and a few $$$s only to find out this was not a good fit for me.
great
At home remote agent (Current Employee), californiaDecember 25, 2014
This is perfect for anyone who wants to work form home get paid on a regular bases and the correct amount. This is a company that values their independent contractors.
Arise Virtual Solutions
Independent Contractor Customer Service (Current Employee), Miramar, FLDecember 18, 2014
Great place to work for you can make your own schedule makes it easy to balance family and work life.
great freedom
Quality Performance Facilitator Intuit Client (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 28, 2014
great company for small business owner. It allows flexible. Pay scale isn't the best but after factoring in no commute it is a good opportunity for someone to make money from home and make a decent pay. Working hard is necessary.
overall decent place to work
Customer Service representative (Former Employee), Fl,FlNovember 20, 2014
Work from home. Flexible work schedule. Long training. Decent pay.
Fast Pace and Fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), Miramar, FLNovember 4, 2014
A fast pace environment, once you are logged in to work your day just keep moving. This keep me enthusiastic and motivated as mys days are never the same. I enjoy my days on the job as i get to interact with different people.
I worked from home
Customer service for Sears and Kmart (Former Employee), Merrimar, Florida/ I worked from homeNovember 2, 2014
Pros: i worked from home so there were no perks.
Cons: i was a 1099 contract employee
I worked as a customer service representative for Sears and Kmart.
easy work from home job
Customer Service/ reservations for Disney Dining (Current Employee), anywhere, gaOctober 27, 2014
Pros: pays on time, make own schedule
Cons: no paid training
easy work from home job, always pay on time make your own work schedule
excellent customer service
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), miamiOctober 16, 2014
amazing place great environment excellent customer service
At home call center
Independent Contractor for the following (Current Employee), Miramar, FLOctober 14, 2014
Took incoming calls for different corp companies.
Customer service and order taking.
At home, love it.
Own boss, own business. I set my hours.
ewww I hate it I have nothing further to say
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Miramar, FLOctober 5, 2014
ewww I hate it I have nothing further to say

no more to say

do not work here
admin asst
customer service professional (Current Employee), remoteSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: remote
Cons: no face to face
• Over seven years of experience in providing courteous and professional communication and customer service
• Ability to gather information, empathize, and problem solve with clients
• Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
• Strong administrative skill set, such as data entry, filing, organizing, creating databases and inventories
• Over 55 WPM with strong data entry skills
• Proficient in numerous computer programs, and excels in providing technical support.
• Knowledgeable in: Macintosh and PC desktops, laptop computers, tablets, mobile phones; Windows, Microsoft Office (Works, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Outlook), Lotus Notes; Web Design
Bittersweet Job Opportunity
AT&T Mobility Customer Care (Billing) (Current Employee), Home BasedSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, work from home, supplementary income, save on transportation.
Cons: micromanaging, difficulty meeting call metrics, very small pay rate, no paid vacations or time off, no benefits.
So heres how it goes:

Arise is an outsourcing company for other big businesses, such as Comcast, ATT, Sprint, T-Mobile.

They hire and mediate between you and these companies to work for them. Dirt cheap and no benefits. Since you'll be "self-employed" no taxes will be taken out but you will end up owing IRS at the end of the year. So save some money out of each check.

To start working with Arise:

You either know someone who is an IBO and you work under them which will make you a CSP, or you pay to start your own LLC in your state and become an IBO. You pay for a Background check, and an Assessment test. Once approved by your IBO ( or yourself if you decide to be your own IBO) you get to choose which client you would like to work for.

You take some Pre-training class assessments to prepare for the class. Now depending on the client you choose, training may be unpaid or partially paid. But YOU have to pay to enter the training class. Sometimes the IBO may waive the cost of the training class for you and take it out of your first invoice, or Arise will run a "sale" on the cost of the training class. You also have to purchase your phone and headset. Again. Some IBO's waive that or provide a voucher.

Now you get into a the class and youre in a virtual classroom with anywhere from 10-30 other people. Listening to ONE person speak and share their screens and slide shows. Throughout the course of the training you will be tested and assessed so that you can pass certification to actually get on the phones and start working.

Once you start actually taking calls, you set your schedule – more... but you the schedules are released based on priority. So the people who maintain the best numbers get to set their schedules first. ( good luck on getting morning hours.) Then it goes in order until basically people with the worst hours get the leftovers. For the min. req to be 20 hours per week, you can find yourself working 7 days a week because of the scarce availability of hours you'd like. Also weekend hours are req.

Retrieving help while on the calls can be so greatly frustrating.

So in a nutshell, your experience with Arise will be as good or bad as your IBO, your trainers, the client ( company) you choose to work under, and the quality assurance/supervisors you work under.

I work with ATT and the pay is literally cents per minute, if I dont meet the metrics I get base pay. My IBO takes a GOOD portion out of my invoice because she has to pay Arise and herself. I would love to give Arise one more shot under another company, but Im not confident the experience will be greatly different because this is an outsourcing company. Youre not meant to retentive the same benefits and pay as people that actually work for these companies.

So here I am on INDEED looking for another job. – less
Not dependable form of income
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), onlineAugust 6, 2014
Pay varies based on performance. Posting hours is very competitive.
At home business
Customer Service/Data Entry (Former Employee), homeJuly 30, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Enjoyed working from home. I got to set my own hours and work at my own pace.

1 2 3 4