Arise Virtual Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Full of Questions
CSP I am my own IBO (Current Employee) –  homeFebruary 19, 2016
I've been with Arise off and on since 2010. Lately there have been no 'decent' companies to contract with. By that I mean companies I'm not really interesting in contracting with. What happened to all of the telecoms? I know AT&T pulled out of the home contracting business but Arise still had Sprint and T-Mobile. I haven't seen them on the portal in a while. It seems like the companies they have posted to contract for are just bottom of the barrel stuff. Is Arise going down?
Pros
Set my own schedule
Cons
Pay is terrible, under constant threat when training to lose position after paying for the training, no place for advancement.

Comment – February 23, 2016

I just cut ties with Arise tonight. I have been with them since late 2009 and I agree; the companies they have been offering are 'bottom of the barrel'. I've made some decent money with Arise through the years but I felt it was time to get out. It was a really decent company to work with a few years back.

Does not matter how hard you work not reconized
AA (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 12, 2015
I learned that no matter what I did which including not taking a lunch more than half the time and staying late was not enough to show my loyalty and commit to this company. The best part was a few really good people I met there.
Pros
Good Pay and Nice people
Cons
Culture and Management
Great and convenient employment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 15, 2016
I absolutely loved everything about this company. First of all, I worked from my own home. This made it very convenient for me. I didn't have to worry about getting to and from work, dresscode, or gas fare. There are many different positions and companies to choose from. I worked as a customer service rep for att business customers. I loved it. They train you (which you have to pay for--but it's worth it). Unfortunately, att ended its contract with arise and i decided to take time off.
Pros
working from home, pay
Cons
pay for your own training.
If you are in need for a job it is alright but be prepared to pay some expensive up front costs.
Chat Performance Facilitator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 30, 2015
Overall it is a job is about all I can say. You get in the click and you can go far otherwise if the client you contract under goes down (which is fairly common because of poor management) you will be without a job. They will go against you getting on with another client and there isn't anything you can do about it other than move on.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Poor management, wages aren't really fair
Very flexible with the abilty to work from home. Very little support from managment
Performance Compliance Lead - Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLMay 18, 2015
Arise is a fast paced environment with little support or training from management - of course this can vary from the portfolio you are assigned. Arise has a culture of poor work life balance and 90% of the reporting is manual.
Pros
HR tries to provide perks to the empoyees through off the job activities
Cons
Your day is filled with meetings that you cannot focus on your primary duties until you go home
My Experience
Telephonic Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee) –  Work from HomeJanuary 22, 2016
Arise Virtual Solutions is a great company that gives people an opportunity to work from home and provides a very flexible schedule. Arise is a contractor that provides work-at-home personnel to other companies. My interaction with Arise is actually miminal except when I experience computer issues having to do with the Arise portal and Arise certain applications, and power outages. Although I'm employed through Arise, I do online customer service for Staples, which is one of the many clients to which Arise provides online, work-at-home personnel. There are a number of companies you can choose to service when you apply to work with Arise. With average computer skills and the required equipment, you can supplement your income. Arise guarantees a minimum number of hours per week and, for the most part, that is honored. However, at times they have failed do so, although in my experience they have kept that guarantee 90% of the time. This means that your weekly income is not guaranteed. No room for advancement and there is a ceiling on hourly pay which is an increase of 50 Cents to Two Dollars per hour. The hardest part of working as a customer service representative for, in my case, Staples, relates to handling calls within the proscribed amount of time allowed and dealing with uncommon issues, constant upskills and learning new methods and procedures.
Pros
Flexibile Schedule
Cons
No room for advancement, minimal pay increases.
great environment to work in
Customer service rep for Disney (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 3, 2016
Great place to wake up and work at. Loving the place you spend eight hours a day is very important for the body and soul, this was one of those places that was great to work at without a problem from staff nor management working over the phone and computer was a blessing.
great pay and ability to make money from home
Remote Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Remote, ILApril 26, 2016
While the pay is good and the benefits are great. Training classes could be more organized. Also it says work your own hours, but they do find ways to make you stick to their schedule
Pros
Schedules and Pay
Cons
Training Classes are not organized enough
It was fine. But with no room to grow.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJune 27, 2015
I would log on to get my hours like everyone else. I had to do it early so I could get the hours I wanted. Work was never too much and we all had supervisors that we could move calls up to if there was a real problem we were not to handle or could not for some reason. The job was fine. There was just no room to grow and make more money.
Pros
Convenient and helped me get experience.
Cons
No raises.
Flexible Work Environment
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 12, 2016
Arise Virtual Solutions gives the flexibility to work from home and be empowered to run your own business while working for an established company.
Pros
Flexible work Hours
Cons
Low work hours dependable on client
Loved the ability to work from home.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, CAOctober 22, 2015
Great opportunity to work from home and earn a little money on the side.

The compensation is not that good and they charge a fee every two weeks and they deduct it immediately from your paycheck. Sometimes it seems like you only make just enough to pay their fees.
Pros
work from home
Cons
compensation
Love it!!
Virtual Instructor (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMay 9, 2016
Been working virtually for over 13 years and it truly works for me and my family! The ability to make your own schedule is the best thing ever.
Work from Home
Customer Care, T-Mobile (Client) (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 13, 2015
The best part was being able to work from home and choose my own hours/days to work. Since I am very independent I enjoyed the freedom from working from home. I learned to be more efficient at finding the answers to customers concerns using the resources available to me. The hardest part was not having the support available when I did need help. Systems went down and were unavailable constantly. Technical support was very ineffective at times. Also the metrics were based on many factors that are out of your control, such as customers calling back within 48 hours and transfers. Calls were initially routed incorrectly and had to be transferred to the correct department, but those transfers are still counted against you. The management team was good for the most part, the downside was they would keep changing the support team so as soon as you were used to working with one person, they would switch you to someone else which made it difficult to build a working relationship.
Pros
Could select my own hours when available
Cons
Metrics based on some actions beyond your control
There is very little transparency with Arise if you are a CSP
CSP (Former Employee) –  VirtualNovember 6, 2015
Lot's of secrets and very little transparency. When you ask specific questions regarding how the rating system works (stars, metrics, etc.) You get vague and very suspect answers seemingly as a way to keep you in the dark. This is how they review your performance and decide whether to let you keep working or not. Although, they let you choose the hours you want to work. Often there are no hours available to work and no explanations as to why that is.
Pros
You can work the hours you choose, if they are available.
Cons
There is virtually no transparency
Planning Vacations
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 17, 2015
Fun, fast paced work place with supportive management. Customer oriented. Best part of the job was helping guests to plan their dream vacation. The hardest part was trying to keep up with the call volume. The job was very focused on time spent on the call and doing everything as fast as possible.
Pros
Create your own schedule
Cons
Insufficient training
good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 29, 2016
Very busy, do lots of hours, and taking calls for billing and trouble shooting and lots of technical issue, and manage multiple screens. Just love the over time pay and incentives and getting paid
Arise
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 10, 2015
Taking inbound calls for wireless customers. resolving billing concerns, sales for new services.
Learned that i enjoyed working from home.
Management was open to assist
no real co-workers
being able to work from home and the customers were great to interact with
A great place to work
Assistance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 20, 2015
A very professional telecommuting company. They are the leading edge of virtual jobs! They have great communications. Excellent training. The best of the job is picking your own hours. Very flexible.
Pros
Good Communications
Cons
Arise is perfect for Work life balance
IBO/CSP (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2015
I have been working for Arise for 3.5 years now and I must say its perfect for people with a busy schedule or with kids. The only thing that I do not like is depending on what client you have there may not be enough hours for you to make this a full time job and your job is based on your SOW getting signed every 3 months. Otherwise I love it and don't plan on leaving for good.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
sometimes not enough hours
Somewhat pleased
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 11, 2015
I think working for arise is great for people who already have a good paying job and is just looking for extra income. This company makes you invest a lot of money just to begin working and also takes a lot out of your revenue for technical fees, so you really making little to nothing.
Pros
you can stay at home
Cons
al lot of up front money needed, no guaranteed hours, no guaranteed jobs

Arise Virtual Solutions Reviews by Location