ARISE Employee Reviews in United States

get a real job and stay away, your wasting valuable time
CSP (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 19, 2016
This company is awful, I've been stupid enough to work for them for over a year. I can't get any hours anymore when i used to be able to get many, My metrics are usually superior to everyone with the exception of of sales. on the comcast client, your job is to resolve billing issues and do television tech support. If you suck at doing both of these they don't care as long as you can trick somebody into selling them a line of business that they don't have. ie (internet, home security, digital phone and tv). Most of the pfs in the chat room don't know how to do their job and if you can't resolve an issue for a customer there is NO supervisor and don't expect a pf to take the call for you, they will do ALL that they can to avoid taking the call, so basically you have to pretty much just hang up on the customer to avoid being cursed at anymore. Not to mention i am owed close to 500 dollars in back pay on the arise side because they don't know how to do payroll. my suggestion, stay very far away from this and get a real job, Your own business BS with them is a joke, plus you get no overtime past 40 hours.
Pros
work at home
Cons
everything else
dissatisfied
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 17, 2016
I paid $250. for a client and took the class and did one week of customer service and then they dropped me. I'm like why and I was told that per my sow I did not handle calls in a timely fashion. Well I'm one week out of class. I don't get a chance to improve on my call handle time. Nope. And guess what. Have to pay the $250 and retake the class. Not sure that is an option for me now. Just don't think it's worth it.
Pros
flexible hrs and the convience of working from home.
Cons
Dropped and given a lame excuse why
Work From Home
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 10, 2016
Excellent company to work for with flexibility to make your own hours. the only down is the investment in paying for your training and doing training with no pay. Over all it was worth the time and energy I invested in to this company to be able to make my own hours to be able to be there for my kids sporting events
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Competing for hours/ Paying for training
Convenient and easy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 9, 2016
Arise is a nice company to work for, it allows you to set your own hours and still work other jobs or spend family time. The job itself is relatively easy and the training provided allows you to get all the required information to do the job properly.
Laid back
Respite Worker (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYMay 4, 2016
I enjoy working with the clients, hardest part is getting clients, Helping the clients with goals is the most enjoyable.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No insurance for part time
Be afraid very asraid
CSP (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 18, 2016
BEWARE
While when this company began they were well known and treated their IBO'S and CSP's as human beings now they will terminate you at the drop of a hat and only explanation is failure to meet statement of work (SOW) requirements.
It is impossible to talk to a human being everything is done on line.
There is a reason the state CA won a muti-million class action suit filed for unfair labor practices.
Management knows nothing about what they are doing it is the most frustrating place to work.
I have law degree, and law school was less stressful. Also owned my own company for 30 years, and NEVER have seen such a poorly run company. They did not even make the top 100 at work home job companies, this in itself says something.
Pros
Cons
everything
Review of Arise and some of the downfalls
Cyber Agent (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 14, 2016
Person must pay to learn what the job is with no guarantee you will receive a Statement of Work. The SOW is only good for 3 months and at times, it will not renewed for no reason. The job is part time only and some clients there is at times no time frames to work at all. Some supervisors are not willing to help when we put a question in chat to get an answer to help a customer out. There are no pay upgrades. I worked at clients for 3 yrs and the pay was always the same.
Some of the personal/supervisors were great and gave you the answer you needed and fast.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Stated above
Very flexible company to work for. Friendly and professional enviroment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2016
Going to work is very enjoyable! This company has taught me a lot about time & cash management. My co-workers are just great! The hardest thing about my job is the slow season. Sometimes it's so slow we won't have any or not too many hours. But the most enjoyable part is definitely the flexibility .
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Slow season
Arise updates the proudut and does not let us know.
Customer service rep. (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 5, 2016
I enjoy working from home. Arise would be a good company if they work on their communication, their tech support, live chat, and phone routing, ( a lot of calls are drop due to their server)
Pros
make my own hr, as long as i meet the 15 hr per week min.
Cons
no helthcare, some times they pay per call, email, chat them per hr like they said they do.
Horrible place don't apply
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2016
This was the worse company ever. I worked for three months with no pay. And once they did give me a check it bounced and my bank closed my account.
Not recommended if you are really looking for stability
Rogers (Former Employee) –  customer serviceMarch 24, 2016
My experience with this company is that they don't care about the individuals that area accepted into their "admissions" part of the program. If you by chance should make an error, it will count against you and you may not even have the chance to move forward.
I did get as far as training and I loved the trainers...due to health reasons I was unable to complete my contract. I did advise and from my understanding I would be able to return, that was not the case.
As a matter of fact without explanation I am unable to even pursue another contract through them.
I also know of other agents who are no longer with them because they are too stringent and don't seem to have room for people? It's as if they are computers themselves. You can't even speak to a real person, whether in or out of a contract.
Overall, I definitely don't recommend them as a company to work for unless you are comfortable with an impersonal type of environment.
Pros
good trainers
Cons
no breaks, no human interaction nor understanding, it's like working in a robotic envirionment.
Please do not fall for their tricks!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 24, 2016
I spent way too much money training for a job that did not last. The training was inadequate and did not leave me feeling prepared for the job at hand. Then, after only a couple of weeks of no more than 15 hours total, the job disappeared. I was furious. Of course, they don't issue refunds; how convenient. When I had to turn to unemployment benefits to help get me on my feet, lo and behold, the state couldn't track them down. They are not a legitimate business, and have been reported by myself and many others, many times over.
Pros
Cons
Illegitimate business
Customer Service
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  IowaMarch 20, 2016
It was stay at home job. The training wasn't sufficient when I first started on my own. Having to pay my own taxes wasn't what I wanted to do. Not enough hours. When trying to technical help was almost imposable. Getting help with concerns took forever.
Fast paced training - aren't transparent enough
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 12, 2016
Once you have completed your investment (Opening your LLC, buying a cpu and paying for the Arise course.) You are then able to see what clients they are offering and the pay wages are. I think that is a ploy to get you to start with them and then one you see that they do not pay accordingly you want to run for the fills.
Pros
Work from hom
Cons
Inadequate pay
great
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 11, 2016
great for someone who needs the option of working from home and making their own schedule also pays well. some copies even provide health insurance
Nice to work from home
Resort Reservations (Current Employee) –  From HomeFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day at work I can help guest on the phone in pajamas. I learned the disney way of customer service and sales. The hardest part of the job is not having co workers by you to talk to or help you have to use chat for that. The most enjoyable part of the job is you work from home and make your own hours, and your pay rate goes up if you are performing at top level.
Pros
self contracted
Cons
no health insurance or benefits
help clines on the job
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2016
I had guy with autism who had 3 jobs he would work 2 of the jobs 3 times a week and the 1 2 times a week he work at the car wash emptying garbage sweeping around it and he work at the shredding paper
Pros
ok job
Cons
better management
It was very interesting and informative
CS Rep / Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLFebruary 20, 2016
I have learned a lot about Resort and Theme parks. I have developed a lot more customer service skill dealing with all different kind of clientele
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Need to meet quota in order to get an incentive
Best work from home system available, not a tremendous amount of fees to get started.
Virtual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 6, 2016
Provides me with extra income. Being a business owner I never have to worry about being unemployed or getting fired. Great as a second source of income.
Pros
Be your own boss, and make your own schedule. Great incentives and pay rates.
Cons
No benefits because you work on your own, you are expected to handle your own taxes.
It's another life experience and always fun to work w/individual w/disability
Community Integration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 31, 2016
My typical day at work is serving the mentally disable individual who depends on me for their activity of daily living provided within the capacity spelled out by the law and the company's policy; and without which these individuals may not find fulfillment as humans in their live.
I learned to empathize and put myself in their shoes as I could possibly find my self in their situation.
I managed both good and stressful times and always put a garb of human face with a milk of kindness.
It's a work environment that one must have team sprite for a great outcome from the individual we serve.

The hardest part of the job is when individual is not responsive to verbal prompt instructions.

The most enjoyable part is when individuals are responding well and each outing is event free.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARISE. Our community is ready to answer.