ARISE Employee Reviews in United States

It was very interesting and informative
CS Rep / Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLFebruary 20, 2016
I have learned a lot about Resort and Theme parks. I have developed a lot more customer service skill dealing with all different kind of clientele
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Need to meet quota in order to get an incentive
Best work from home system available, not a tremendous amount of fees to get started.
Virtual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 6, 2016
Provides me with extra income. Being a business owner I never have to worry about being unemployed or getting fired. Great as a second source of income.
Pros
Be your own boss, and make your own schedule. Great incentives and pay rates.
Cons
No benefits because you work on your own, you are expected to handle your own taxes.
It's another life experience and always fun to work w/individual w/disability
Community Integration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 31, 2016
My typical day at work is serving the mentally disable individual who depends on me for their activity of daily living provided within the capacity spelled out by the law and the company's policy; and without which these individuals may not find fulfillment as humans in their live.
I learned to empathize and put myself in their shoes as I could possibly find my self in their situation.
I managed both good and stressful times and always put a garb of human face with a milk of kindness.
It's a work environment that one must have team sprite for a great outcome from the individual we serve.

The hardest part of the job is when individual is not responsive to verbal prompt instructions.

The most enjoyable part is when individuals are responding well and each outing is event free.
loved the art
hobby (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 16, 2016
arise is a wonderful place to submit a beautiful art piece at a timely matter from disabled person's. Its free and conveniently located in Syracuse.
Pros
free submissions
Cons
deadlines
If you're serious about getting a timely paycheck- please dont bother!
Business owner (Former Employee) –  VirtualJanuary 8, 2016
I have been operating a business as an independent business for this virtual customer services provider for several years. I currently have agents that work for my company.

Before working with Arise as an agent, I had never before worked for a company where I experienced NOT getting paid as agreed when agreed until Arise. On more than 5 occasions I had not been paid when I was supposed to. Thankfully, I had worked for them the left over hours of my day and this was not my main stream of income. You can not seriously work for this company as a contractor and depend on them if it is your ONLY source of income or if you are the SOLE provider in your home. If you need it for part time income that you are not dependent on for survival it may work if you get paid as and when agreed per the SOW. Thriving at this company is not an option.

You can't even get your complaints resolved by phone. You have to do it through a chat and WAIT for someone to get back to you days later. I don't understand how Arise can have contractors provide PHONE services predominantly to customers but not offer phone support to the people who work for the company for their own issues.

Arise has less than a handful of clients that pay $10 an hour and the rest of then pay below $10 an hour and some way below that. In some states, minimum wage is close to what they offer on some of their clients. Also, keep in mind that you are also responsible to pay your own taxes, so you are essentially paid even less than mentioned.

It's a decent place to work for kids fresh out of high school, an at home parent,
  more... or someone who lives with relatives that can survive off of a couple hundred dollars a month. If you make more than $1000 a month it wont last because the client slows down, is seasonal, or you have 3 or more clients you're working for that can add up to 70 plus hours a week.

Keep in MIND that you PAY for the course for the CLIENT and then you take the client courses anywhere between 2 hours to 2 and half months UNPAID.************

Bottom line if you have serious household commitments, need to make real money, or need to get PAID when you're supposed to, then don't waste your time with Arise. At this point I collect from my agents that work under my company and I work my time else where. If you want a "real job" and or need a "career", please don't bother. Make money off of employing others to work for you who don't mind cheap labor or use them to get a few part time dollars on the side(that's if working for an outside company doesn't pay better, which will most likely be the case).

This is a review based on facts as I have worked as an agent and I also employ agents now for 5 years or more.

Good luck!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Terrible compensation, several occasions of missing pay checks, no one to speak to about issues via phone as you get passed to a chat and emails
At home job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Eutaw, ALJanuary 8, 2016
Basiclly customer service rep. I make my own hours. I break when I wanted to. You learn so much dealing with customers on the phone
Pros
AT HOME
nice place to learn and grow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 22, 2015
lots of new positions in this field and they will training so you are able to succeed in them. This company is very organized and filled with others who will help you move up as well.
A company that gave me room to grow.
Reservations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 18, 2015
Very versatile company with fun merchandise to sell. I was always busy and the time would pass quickly when I worked there.
great to work for
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 10, 2015
Very demanding ... survey determining your star rating ..Overall great company to be your own boss.You can make your own hour. their is opportunity for advancement
Pros
chat room training is not payed
Cons
good hours
Great first at home work experience
Independent At Home Advisor (Current Employee) –  Anderson INNovember 17, 2015
Great first at home work experience. Very diverse work environment and atmosphere. Handled Sales, Technical Support, and Customer Service issues for the client. Loved the flexible work schedule and the ability to work with state of the art technology. The hardest part of my job is the constant procedural changes that happen and that are not always dispensed to the employees until after the fact and thus the current knowledge to help the customer is not always accurate and thus can leave customers not feeling cared for in a way that they should be.
Pros
Work from Home, Flexible schedule, State of the art Technology
Cons
Not always notified to new or current procedural changes
Ok places to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GANovember 13, 2015
Tech support not helpful at all and partner support not any better. Glad i could chose my own hours and work from home.A typical day at work would be maybe 3 calls an hour unless it was a friday. I learned to understand call center rep jobs better.
Awesome
Courtney Virtual Solutions (Former Employee) –  Neosho, MOOctober 30, 2015
Excellent. This was my internship, and all I can say is, I recieved the best traning, and they made me feel very comfortable.
Very interesting
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  meridian msOctober 15, 2015
it was nice until you had to deal with all the things that you could have done better but was never giving appreciation for your hard work and dedication
Pros
home base
Cons
challenging
Excellent work from home opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 7, 2015
This is a great company to work with you can start your own business or work for an IBO make your own schedule that best supports your needs
Pros
Excellent training work from home
Cons
some tech issues from time to time but the company has excellent tech support.
Challenging and rewarding career experience
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 17, 2015
I enjoy working with all clients in helping them understand and find happiness through mental health symptom reduction and behavior modifications.
Pros
Freedom in workplace.
Cons
Lunch breaks are too short.
great job for working at home or in an office
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  stockbridge gaSeptember 17, 2015
great customer service job for Comcast. If you love to give information about tv and help customers with their problems then it would be a wonderful job. You get trained well to do your job correctly and to give outstanding customer service.
Pros
pick your own hours
Cons
don't get as much help as you need with supervisor
A really enjoyable experience working from home
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLSeptember 10, 2015
Everyday is a good day working with Arise because you get to create your own work schedule, great supervisors to work with.
Work from home. Love the flexible scheduling.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLSeptember 5, 2015
Good work from home opportunity. Make your own schedules. Training is ok. Job security is not always guaranteed . Depending on the client you service for.
Pros
Work from home, flexible schedule.
Cons
Job security
Work from home position
Independent Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MISeptember 4, 2015
I gained experience in being my own boss. A typical day at work was an convenient day at home.

I learned how to service clients.

I was my own management.

I worked alone and used written communication skills.

I enjoyed working from home.
Great Company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami GardensSeptember 1, 2015
Arise gives you the potential to work from home, select your own work path, also provides great training. I have worked with Arise the past which is another reason I agreed to work with them again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARISE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9