The Senior Java / J2EE Game Developer position is primarily responsible for developing and maintaining Java Based server-side game components for slots and other single player games. Additional responsibilities may include developing software for electronic gaming device and related products as directed as part of a team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Full Software Lifecycle application development – designing, coding, debugging and documenting applications in various software languages at an expert level.
- Develops game or core software, including design, coding, testing and documentation to specified standards.
- Developing new programs as well as modifies existing legacy programs to develop necessary changes to ensure the production of a quality product.
- Analyzes system specifications and translates system requirements to task specifications.
- Produces project estimates, schedules and completes projects on time within budget.
- Ensures adequate testing of software to ensure that logic and syntax are correct and that program results are accurate. This includes preparing test data, test procedures and documentation.
- Provide assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems
- Responds promptly and professionally to bug reports.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation, research and recommend software tools to management.
- May provide work direction, training, and assist in setting goals to lower–level programmers.
- Provide feedback regarding performance considerations and usability issues concerning software specifications and implementation.
- Conducts Software analysis including requirements analysis, software code reviews, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis and software reliability analysis.
- Responsible for communicating with other engineers and manufacturer's technical support staff regarding programming needs and performance.
- Responsible for utilizing tools and equipment involved in performance of essential functions of programming including measuring instruments and performance monitoring programs.
- Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD), ability to produce UML, Mind map, and Visio charts to convey elements of design.
- Software modeling and simulation.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or its equivalent.
- Requires a minimum of five years of experience in software engineering and/or programming with a minimum of two years utilizing Core Java (J2SE) version 5+.
- Prior Experience with XML/XSLT, SOAP/Web Services, multi-threaded JAVA, JSP, SQL, Struts, and Servlets required.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience with coding in high level languages at an expert level.
- Experience with OOA/D methodologies required.
- Familiarity with Software Design Patterns required.
- Experience programming and debugging windows programs with Microsoft Visual Studio required.
- Experience with developing multi-threaded programs and debugging concurrency issues a must.
Skills, knowledge, and qualifications:
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies will be a plus.
- Prior experience in the gaming industry or previous work with Fixed-odds game calculations will be a plus.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux system programming, network programming and low level device driver programming desired
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, effective inter-personal skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work independently and be team oriented.
- The role will be based at Aristocrat’s corporate location in Las Vegas, NV.
- Competitive Salary
- Relocation package may be offered for qualified candidates
This position may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.