Aristocrat Technologies Employee Reviews

A very productive and descent place to work
Asembler 2 (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2017
It can be a very busy day and/or can be slow also. I learned more computer skills there. everybody can be nice. The hardest is standing for a long time on steal toe shoes. The enjoyable part is cool peeps to work with.
Pros
free water
Cons
long hours on some months
Great place to assist customers in the Gaming community
Service Support Representative I (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2017
Things here were always fast paced and quite stressful at times. Everything felt rushed and critical. The culture is diverse and friendly. The most enjoyable part of my day was to be able to take care of my customers whom I am still friends with today.
Great place to work until new management came in.
SALES COORDINATOR, BUSINESS OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2017
Started as a temp in the mailroom. After working in the mailroom, I was transferred to the Business Operations department as a Sales Coordinator, supporting the Account Executives, local & remote. I was hired on permanently 5 months after being in the Business Operations department. The AE's were great to work with. I had an excellent relationship with all of them. I always referred to them as my kids. You could joke around with them and they would joke, too. Sometimes they would just call in because they were driving to a casino that was 2 hours away and just wanted to talk. They were very generous, too!! As a Sales Coordinator, a THANK YOU goes a long way!! They would go over and above... At Christmas, they would send their Sales Coordinators gifts, on my 40th birthday, my AE's pitched in and bought me a gift certificate to go sky diving. The package they bought me was almost $400. It included the jump, a video and pictures. On another birthday, they bought me a Coach purse, Coach keychain & Coach perfume. They were incredible!! I really miss the job!! But, a new manager came on board and she was a nightmare. Out of all of the Sales Coordinators, at that time, I was there the longest. She had her sights set on me. I felt like she was coming down on me, trying to put me in my place, to make an example of me. She would eavesdrop on my phone calls, try to write me up every chance she got and, on Fridays, before a holiday weekend, all of the other Sales Coordinators were allowed to leave early. I had to stay. Enough was enough!!
good entry level
MSP Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 15, 2017
learned a lot, decent pay. management was nice. pretty good facility. could use better desks - they are more just like work benches with computers on them. bad for the back, consider sit/stand desks for pending renovations and new building.
Cool place to work for
Sr. Buyer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2016
It was a cool place to work for. At the time that I worked there, they offered stock options. But the pay was not good. I was a buyer and was only making $14-15/hr.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2016
Enjoyed working at Aristocrat. Professional environment, enjoyed the team, loved working for the person who hired me. Typical GL position, payroll, recons, banking, AP. Left for higher level position.
Premier Gaming Company
Sr. Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2016
Tax Compliance. International Accounting, Sales & Use Tax, Property Tax. Excellent Management in a lean environment. High Turnover. Fun and interactive with employees.
Great Games Products, Sad management structure
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2016
There is little opportunity for advancement unless you are pals with someone in a high position. Loyalty and dedication are not rewarded, favoritism is common; rules and guidelines are not enforced uniformly. Fear of retribution when speaking out against management despite the 'open door' policies. There is no mentoring or coaching by managers. Expectations are to work outside normal work hours on a routine basis (with no comp time in exchange) Working weekends to meet unexpected deadlines is common.

The compensation is above average and benefits are better than average as well.
Pros
Attempts are made to spark creativity and innovation, Involved in the community and corporate events are common
Cons
Middle management is excessive, Too many people 'in charge' yet no one is accountable for decisions, Backstabbing, Favoritism is rampant, Work conditions are highly structured, no personal space or privacy, Little to no chance of advancement or career development.
Strong manufacturer in the Gaming industry.
Eastern Regional Manager / Gaming Operations (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 12, 2015
I had an opportunity to work with some very talented and energetic people. Challenging work in a stimulating industry.
Slot Machine Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2015
Very fast paced job. 12-14 Hours a day because of work over load. It was fun working different types of co-workers.

Would be glad to work there again.
It can be better
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 24, 2015
The job was not what was promised. The culture is poor, no professional attitude from some co-workers.

There seems to be a revolving door in this company for employees. You come in with high expectations and realize that you stepped into something not so great, so you leave.

I recommend you research the company before joining them.
Pros
Cons
Location is in an industrial area
make sure you have connections 'inside'
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  nevadaMay 6, 2014
or you will not be one to make it for the long-term. it is one huge 'click' working at this company. i have seen people do all kinds of crazy things just to keep their job - suck up to management, play the games to get ahead. you have no one that will listen to reason, or even ways to improve processes there. it is the good old boy thing there. people will find fault with you, even if you are doing well, if they don't like you. OR, get this, if they want to bring in someone of 'their' liking (a friend or family member). there is NO security at all with this company.
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
a friend hires you or you won't last long
warehouse work
Material Handler-Bill Burke-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas,NVMarch 28, 2014
Typical warehouse duties which included making pallets,loading and unloading trucks. Forklift operation.
Pros
Forklift certification
Cons
Great people to work with
Finance Project Manager - Process Improvements (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2013
Provided advancement opportunities until departmental restructuring
Management ignored co-worker's abusive behavior against other employees.
Assembler I (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 9, 2013
No monitoring of employees' bad behavior and verbal abuse in the work place.
Going the wrong direction
Past Employee (Former Employee) –  Las VegasSeptember 22, 2013
The company was a great place to work until they have made some management changes. It seems that AU is using the US as a dumping ground for incompetence...There is no departmental stability nor true appreciation for employees who want to and do a great job. Unless you have an AU accent, you will not do well in this company.
Pros
There are some who are trying to do the right thing. Not sure how long they will last!
Cons
Management does not get it and they are incompetent.
What they claim and what really happens are two different worlds....
Technical Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 11, 2013
Really was a great job. Loved the flexibility of working from home, the travel, the benefits. Then came the changes, dictated by Australia; Home Office. Slowly started taking a great company and peeling away the benefits and driving the morale into the ground. They are losing business to other clients because of these changes.
Pros
Telecommuting, company paid phone, liberal PTO
Cons
Poor customer service, double standards, higher ups aren't held accountable, time away from home.
Semi-decent place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 5, 2013
They have the potential to be a good place to work, unfortunately they have a lot of mis-management and loose a lot talent to other competitors.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management
Great Company
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2013
Great Experience. Great Managment
Fun Place to work.. if u can Keep up
Pros
experience
Cons
required to take lunch even when it can make customers (casinos) mad
Great Benefits & Compensation
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2012
Aristocrat at the time I was there offered top benefits and compensation to their employees. That said, certain benefits were extended more to the Australian employees (world HQ is in Sydney, AUS) than they were to their American employees (i.e. opportunities to work abroad).

I enjoyed my colleagues and I was able to be someone who led change management in a culture that embraced it.
Pros
great co-workers, good salary & benefits, great company/dept functions
Cons
pro-aussie culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aristocrat Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval