Aritzia Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Great Environment for Learning
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2016
Everyone on staff gave me the necessary tools to be involved within Public Relations and the ability to both compromise fashion and business. A typical day includes managing the showroom, completing weekly pull document, scheduling messengers, and managing weekly samples sent out to various publications.
Pros
Free lunches, occasional free clothing
Cons
unpaid internship
Fun environment and love of fashion
Sales Associate, Stylist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 12, 2015
I had an absolute blast working for Aritzia. I had a great time with all of the girls there. We all loved working with fashion and each one of us had an eye for it. It made for a very creative team of girls who loved styling and helping other customers find what they were looking for.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Got a bit competitve
competitive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 29, 2015
Each day we are required to meet a sales goal, and if we do not meet that sales goal consistently, or have an SPH (sales per hour) lower than 300$ we do not get hours.
Aritzia is very competitive and sales associates are expected to consistently meet and exceed sales goals. We do not work on commission making it very frustrating when being pushed by management.
Schedule does not come out until the Saturday before the week starts (two days) making it very difficult to plan anything.
Best Retail Environment I have ever experienced
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2015
This company is amazing. They uphold their mission of cultivating a life of creativity; embracing current music, art, and design culture, through their high-quality, on trend clothing and exceptional customer service standards.

At first, it may seem performance-driven, but it is enjoyable to sell such exceptional merchandise, so as long as you meet performance standards set by your managers, it should be a great working experience. They always hired amazing people so the environment is inspiring and encouraging.

They care tremendously about the success of their employees, and will do whatever they can to make sure they are thriving. With all of that said, you have to be a hard-working, creative person who loves people and enjoys a retail environment.
Pros
Great environment, High standards, Creative
Cons
High expectations
Public Relations Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2015
High face paced environment. Did not feel like I was growing enough. Loved my co-workers. Management tended to be a little too intense. Over all great experience.
Up beat workplace where personal style was praised
Sales Associate / Stylist (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJSeptember 4, 2015
Great tunes blaring over the sound system and Stylish sales associates running about the sales floor up selling to their top tier clients, there was never a dull moment on the clock at Aritzia. Management was sometimes tough, but always maintained a friendly bond with associates. The clothing was always on trend and very desirable, so new shipment days were a lot of work but very exciting! I learned Great styling techniques and how to manage a clientele book to maintain telephone communication with top clients upon new arrivals and restock. Fitting room selling and Private styling appointments help drive (sales per hour) goals which sometimes resulted in bonus pay and clothing allowances.
Pros
Fun Up Beat atmosphere, clothing allowances, team building in and out of work, quick advancement, high hourly pay and bonus
Cons
sometimes such heavy competition between coworkers caused a negative work environment
Creative and innovative women's retailer for passionate people.
District Store Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2015
Aritzia focused on keeping it simple by having the best product combined with the best customer service experience. The senior leaders are empowering and are successful at generating excitement and passion about the brand.

In my experience, I learned how to quickly problem-solve while thinking methodically. Aritzia is very hands on and promotes a "roll up your sleeves" culture. The most challenging part of the job is being remote (in NYC) from the support office in Vancouver, Canada.