Arizona's Children Association Employee Reviews in United States

It's all about the children.
Medical & Client Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZNovember 1, 2015
Arizona's Children Association has been helping children in Arizona for over 100 years. It's a challenging and continually growing work environment.
Amazing
Recreational Specialist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZOctober 30, 2015
Supportive staff. Positive energy throughout the office every day. Everyone truly seemed to be there for the right reasons. All of the staff was caring toward one another on a professional level. The office even had a once a month meeting to be updated on all programs in the company, it made it feel like you were part of a whole. We ate food together, everyone pitched in during potlucks, and the office worked together on personal health goals like walking miles and losing weight.
Overall, everyone was very supportive of one another.
Pros
Supportive environment, reasonable pay, respect of each other
Toxic environment. Stay away.
Compliance, Process and Quality Improvement (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 14, 2015
Very toxic environment. I was bullied by a co-worker almost immediately after starting. When I approached my supervisor about how I was being treated I was summarily dismissed and told I am not a good fit.

There was no structure to my training. Probably because the department had no clue what they are doing. There were three people that came and left my role before I got there. When I continually asked about this fact I was never given a clear answer. I had so many red flags about working here but I let the salary distract me.

The clinical directors know full well that case managers can not meet the arbitrary 4.5 hours of billed client contact time per day without exceeding a 40 hour work week. When I asked about the veracity of the expectation I was told "they can make their numbers during holidays or before vacations so they can do it anytime." Supervisors are told to fire anyone who cannot keep up and there is a constant stream of new employees to fill the void.

As a RBHA agency they are in danger of loosing one of the contracts because the compliance numbers are so far below expectation. It appears that practice improvement plans are in place but its nothing more than busy work to make it look like something is being done. I spent more than half my time each week in meetings that had no agenda or could have been handled by an email. So much money waste here on mandatory meetings.

I have worked in some really terrible places in my life and this company is the absolute worst, most toxic, demeaning place I have ever been. I was physically nauseated to go into
  more... the office. They might make it seem like they care about employees in the first week but they only care about revenue. Or drinking. There is a LOT of talk about how much they drink after work.

Its sad how they say they care about Arizona's children. Yet the medical records of so many kids are out of compliance with every requirement. I have a very high level of skill in quality improvement and immediately recognized the smoke and mirror act for what it was. It did not take long for them to turn on me when I began to point out process errors and that there are easy ways to solve their problems.

I saw some of the negative reviews here and ignored them. Do not make the same mistake I did.
Pros
Cons
Toxic, bullying, time wasting, high turnover.
Flexible Schedule; High Burn out; Good starter job
Intensive Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 14, 2015
Management is not very supportive of workers. There is minimal to no training so you are on your own when you have to work with families. There is no room for improvement or advancement in the agency. Dysfunctional families get draining after a while. Co-workers are good and sometimes helpful.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No chances to move up; high-burn out; low pay for amount of work you do
Great co-workers
Intensive Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 13, 2015
Great company to work for if you are starting off in the behavioral health field in Arizona. Flexible hours, supportive supervisors.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no room for advancement
Adequate work environment
Special Project Associate (Former Employee) –  Safford, AZMarch 21, 2015
Long hours, a mix of positive and negative co-workers, inadequate resources, and a lot of negative supervisors. The hardest part of the job was actually getting in touch with a supervisor when needed. The benefits were good but there is minimal opportunities to advance in the agency and a great deal of negative attitude in administration.
Pros
great learning expereince
Cons
negative work environment and minimal advancement opportunties
Great working with foster families.
Resource Family Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2015
While it was a short experience, I enjoyed working with individuals preparing to become foster parents. It was great to view things from this end of the spectrum.
Excellen company t work for
Clinician II/ In Home Therapist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 20, 2014
Im pleased with Arizonas childrens association, Im resigning due to extenuating circumstances.Its great workplace and excellent teamwork. The in Home preservationt team is very cohesive and efficient and caring with the families that are treated.
Pros
good flex time
Great Work Culture!! Great Management!!
Skills Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZSeptember 16, 2014
I love my job and the people I work with!! Management is awesome and willing to help where needed. Co-workers are amazing and are able to work together in different situations. It is so rewarding to make progress with a child and that's what keeps me in this field. Although there can be frustrating days I understand this and am encourage to rest as needed.
Pros
self-care events, autonomy within work, advancement opportunities
Cons
full time status difficult to obtain.
A great place to work
Clinician I Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZSeptember 11, 2014
Arizona's Children Association is a wonderful place to work. There is a very positive, optimistic, and very caring attitude with all the people. Their open door policy is truly open door. The staff is committed to the healing and treatment of these kids
Pros
great place to work
Cons
pay is a little low
Dissapointing
MSW Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 29, 2014
Sad, disappointing internship here. Would not recommend it. My supervisor could have cared less about teaching me. Very clique culture, don't you dare question how things run or you will be ostracized
Some of the people are nice to work with
Office Manger (Current Employee) –  Apache Junction, AZApril 26, 2014
When I arrive at work I log on to my computer and check e-mails and respond to e-mails, check phone messages, enter data onto a spead sheet, file confidential information, answer phones, greet customers, help co-working by e-mailing important paperwork they will need while out in the field. Enter client inforamtion into NextGen. Along with entering information into NextGen, I also maintain a program called VisitTracker. I am a go getter and a self starter and I do not need much if at all any supervison. I can be a team player if needed and I know what my job duties are and I can function well with minimal supervison. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the other employees come in and I can help them out and get to know them and their needs.
Pros
the pay is good and the benifits are good as well.
Cons
no breaks, and micro managed
Emotional rewards, lots of expectations with a wide range of duties
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 5, 2013
Arizona's Children is a sound company to work for.The job has many descriptions and tasks. It should be considered a supervisory position as more of the job evolved into management and supervisory tasks. The hardest part of the job was managing supervisors or more tenured employees who worked under the leadership of the program coordinator. The balance of responsibility versus leadership and authority was not balanced thus there was an imbalance in the department which caused the program coordinator to have many responsibilities and little real authority while still being expected to manage and supervise.
Pros
can nearly create your own hours
Cons
difficult sub culture to work within
Worst company I've ever worked for!
ICM (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 2, 2013
Warning! Do not consider AzCA for employment unless you enjoy being micro-managed and mentally abused by upper management who never acknowledge your strengths and consistently contradict themselves. Every single person I know here is looking to leave and the amount of negativity is unbelievable! Co-workers gossip and stab you in the back and upper management is unsupportive and only want to pile on more work. Don't expect to ever get a raise no matter how hard you work and when you try to discuss your concerns with upper management, they become hostile and try to blame you. Complete and total disorganization! No one seems to know what they are doing and the turnover rate is ridiculous!
Cons
low salary, unsupportive upper management, lack of structure and organization
Watch your step...
Family Support Partner (Former Employee) –  Yuma, ArizonaJuly 30, 2013
They will fire you with little explanation. They don't want you to work overtime but expect the job to get done, which 8 hours is sometimes not enough. Communication between workers and management sucks, since they will only answer your emails if they need something. They tell you they will train you super well, but they don't. They will literally throw you out to the wolves, even when they say they wont. I loved my job... but the management sucks.
Pros
helping families, great benefits, great work schedule
Cons
not enough training, managment, lack of communication
Senior Family Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 7, 2012
Working at Arizona Children Association was a great place. The people were caring and understanding. Fun and entertainment each and every day.
Pros
supportive employees and excellent supervisors
Cons
lots of documentation
unstable organization with disturbing culture
Supervisor/Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 14, 2012
Hundreds of layoffs and program closures within the past few years. Worked there for 7 years in a lower level management and clinical position. Basically just got comfortable and not wanting to move on. However, after increasing mistrust between management and clinicians/overall agency chose to resign. Employees are treated second rate and like children. Micromanagement, questionable hiring and firing practices, which I saw as a manager.
Pros
flexible with time off. a few good supervisors in clinical programs
Cons
crunched, stressed schedule, billing is more important that client service, no room for training and employee growth
Productive and fair place to work
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 10, 2012
The management team was very reasonable and fair. The supervisors made an effort to understand their employees and to treat every employee fairly.
unorganized departments with poor communication
Sr. Behavior Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 25, 2012
I wouldn't refer anyone to be employed by this agency until it is revamped or restructure the way they communicate.
Pros
non
Cons
no set rules, there

2.9