Reports to: Chief of Clinical Services
Evaluation: Annually Travel: Required, proof of insurance
Employment Classification: Exempt
General Statement of Duties
Under general direction from the CCS and Clinical Admin Directors. The Clinical Coordinator performs clinical supervision, clinical trainings, observation of staff and programs, and documentation reviews. This individual supports the clinical department across various sites with trainings, feedback, credentialing, observations, and various clinical skill enhancement opportunities. He or She will interact as an agent of ACTS with outside entities. May be assigned to serve on special committees and conduct various meetings as necessary. Required to be familiar with, abide by, and enforce all State of Arizona, Behavioral Health Agency, RBHA, OBHL and ACTS company regulations.
Distinguishing Features of Class
Responsible for enforcement of the State Behavioral Health Agency Rules and Regulations. May represent the company on various behavioral health boards and commissions. May work alongside these staff in resolving compliance and quality issues. Work is performed in accordance with State of Arizona Behavioral Health Agency rules, regulations and standards, but requires the use of considerable independent judgment.
- Provide OBHL, RBHA and AZBBHE clinical supervision to individuals and groups
- Observe and shadow clinical staff as appropriate for various credentialing processes.
- Assist with clinical observation and feedback in an effort to improve fidelity to best practice models.
- Reviews various clinical documentation and provides timely, constructive feedback to staff in an effort to minimize corrections and enhance staff’s clinical skills and knowledge.
- Improve clinical quality of documentation and services in support of DBHS/RBHA standards and compliance initiatives.
- May require providing occasional direct care services including assessments and/or psychotherapy services.
- Assist with staff orientation and shadowing opportunities.
- Complete monthly RBHA MOT tool requirement and CFT observation.
- Makes independently appropriate, sound, critical decisions under extreme stress and in emergency situations. Informs appropriate staff of Sentinel Events occurring within the Company.
- Prepares professional reports on such matters as services offered, program, personnel, and other aspects of the company’s operations; researches and compiles statistical data; maintains records and reports, utilizing a computer and related software.
- Researches and implements interactive and quality trainings for clinical staff not limited to but including CASII, FBA, service planning, assessments, Nurtured Heart Approach, SASSI, CFT, various service delivery, and more.
- Maintains knowledge of mental health agency rules, regulations and standards.
- Ensures that all facility infrastructures are properly maintained.
- May develops and delivers company presentations to the staff, and community groups and represents the company on various community and other agency committees as required.
- *Performs other duties as assigned.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Requires a thorough working knowledge of the State of Arizona Behavioral Health Agency rules, regulations and standards with the ability to administer these rules, regulations and standards; must have a working knowledge of accepted personnel practices, company policies and guidelines and public education. Must possess extensive skills in:
- Human behavior
- Organizational management
- Written and oral communications
- Community relations
- Motivational techniques
- Program management.
- Quality Management
He or She must have ability to deal professionally, tactfully and courteously with the general public, other professionals, officials and company Executive Officers and staff. They must have the ability to make immediate decisions during emergency situations. With or without reasonable accommodation he or she must be able to expertly use or operate a personal computer keyboard, motor vehicle, telephone, and technical written reference materials.
Acceptable Experience and Education
Must possess a valid State of Arizona driver’s license, and a fingerprint clearance card. Must have Master Degree in behavioral health related field and at minimum an associate level license.
Independently Licensed clinician (LPC, LCSW, LISAC) recognized by RBHA to be acceptable for documentation review.