Arizona Department of Economic Security

Arizona Department of Economic Security Employer Reviews

one of the best companies
Public Service Evaluator (Current Employee), atlantaJuly 2, 2014
Pros: excellent management
Cons: fire quickly
this is one of the best companies that i have ever worked for in my life they are the best
Disfunctional organization
DISABLE VETERAN OUTREACH CASE OFFICER (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZJune 30, 2014
Pros: decent medical package
Cons: leadership are poorly trained and back stabbers for their own political gain
It is a large state organization that has terrible pay, but decent medical package. But they cut out there most experience people because the red tape and political back stabbing is proliferate throughout the organization.
DES - DBME is a challenging place to work
Public Services Evaluator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2014
Pros: the benefits
Cons: a rigid system and an atequated computer system
A typical day would start with me interviewing a welfare client of training a class of employees. While the routine was static the work load and responsibilities were not. When people go on mass exit from their jobs the work load increases to the point of being impossible (it seems) to handle. Some how we get through it however.
Very fast paced and resourceful place to work
Accounting Technician I (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 27, 2014
I performed accounting clerical work using automated system, sorting, coding and batching documents for data entry or inputting directly. Filed and maintained fiscal records; complied, reviewed and verified specified fiscal transactions received, calculate, extended and posted fiscal data. Prepared routine transactions reports and performed other related – more... duties as assigned. – less
love working for state!
Case Aide (Former Employee), mesa azMarch 27, 2014
Cons: too many to list
the best employer that i have ever had i learned a lot had a outstanding manager and co-workers the hardest part was having to leave
Not what it used to be
Records Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 10, 2014
Middle management is out of control. No one adheres to policies and procedures anymore. Benefits are still good, but working in a culture of fear is not worth it.
Fun Place to Work
Habilitation Technician I (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: retirement package
Cons: horrible pay rate
The benefits are great; however, the pay rate is horrible! The habilitation technicians are underpaid, but yet they do the most work. The tech's are very under appreciated.
Great career advancements
Program Service Evaluator 1 (Former Employee), Phoenix ArizonaJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: yearly salary increases as well as positions
Cons: being timely on a 350 monthly case load
Helping the public qualify for state benefits. Interview eight cases a day, as well as completing cases, or requesting more information. Management is always available to help guide, coworkers are always ready to lend a hand. Hardest part of the job is a family not being able to qualify for benefits and having to tell them. Families we see needed the – more... help, but we have to follow the state guidelines. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping families and giving other resources for them. – less
Nice Place
PSE (Current Employee), Phoenix, AzDecember 15, 2013
Nice place to work, great benefits. Do your job and you will not get fired
Challenging and thought-provoking place to work
Child Protective Services Specialist I (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 12, 2013
Pros: excellent position for self-motivator
A typical day within this position included constant contact with youth and families experiencing various situations of abuse/neglect or interaction with the Juvenile Court System. Case management was an important factor within this position as was relationship building and maintaining.
n/a
Clerk Typist III (Former Employee), flagstaff, azSeptember 4, 2013
Daily meetings with clients, organizing files, educating and assisting client with becoming self-sufficient by returning to work, school, or rehab etc
Very caring, compassionate work environment
Therapy Services Nurse Liaison (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 30, 2013
Pros: job satisifaction
Cons: budget cuts
Typical day ~ provided assistance in obtaining services to persons with developmental disabilities, interacted with Therapists, families, case managers and supervisors

What I learned ~ services and programs available to consumers

Hardest part of the job ~ leaving

Most enjoyable ~ Therapists included me in therapies for autistic consumers by having – more... consumers come to my office and request items or tell me about their day while using communication aids – less
Somewhat flexible...mandatory 25% retirement deducted from pay
Child Support Enforcement Officer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 5, 2013
Its a job...it has its pros and its cons like any other. Its a State job.
Worth the job
Child Protective Services Specialist II (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZJuly 11, 2013
I had a great supervisor, if it wasn't for her I would have left the job.
The job was rewarding
Child Protective Service Specialist III (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 18, 2013
Management is poor. The case load is very high with little to no support.
Management sucks
Child Protective Service Specialist (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJune 4, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
Focus is on recruiting new hires not keeping who they have - caseloads are high and employees are burnt out with no pay raises. Supervisors are not supportive. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Helping families and youth achieve their goals
Child Protective Service Specialist III (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2013
Pros: helping youth and families
Cons: lack of support from administration
The job requires the ability to communicate well with families that are having difficulties caring for their children. The CPS case manager will to assist the family with services to develop better communicative and parental skills. Also to assist youth that are preparing for adulthood. Assist them with applying for college or getting through high school – more... or getting their GED, applying for employment.
The team approach is strongly used with co-worker. In working with youth and families help from other worker is very important to be successful.
The support of the administration is very important in completing the task in case management. Sometime this isn't the case.
Helping families and youth to be successful in achieving their goals makes the job beneficial – less
productive
PROGRAM SERVICE EVALUATOR (Former Employee), Glendale, AZMay 2, 2013
Great company. learned how to work with others, management and co-workers were great. the hardest part of my job was denying customers for benefits when not eligible. the most enjoyable was helping my customers
Productive work helping my boss and other's in the community.
Administrative Assistant II (Kelly Temp) (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: helping and training other's.
Cons: was a temporary job. pay was minimal.
I liked this job and would love to find a career in a simular setting.
Fast paced and always on the go
CPS Specialist II (Current Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 20, 2012
Pros: great benefits, schedule flexibility, overtime, and vacation/sick time.
Cons: several cases and stressful.
CPS is a career for those who have a sense of urgency, who like a fast paced working environment, and who can think outside the box. A typical day consists of emails, phone calls, entering case notes, making child contacts, child and family team meetings, and staffing cases with my supervisor.