Arizona Department of Economic Security

Arizona Department of Economic Security Employer Reviews

Nice people to work with, challenging job
Child Protective Services Investigator (Current Employee), Bullhead CityAugust 14, 2014
Pros: benefits and salary
Cons: challenging and demanding job
Challenging job, get to work with families and children. Benefits and salary are very good.
Great Management, Good Benefits, Low Salaries
Information Technology Specialist III (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great work environment, good benefits pacjage
Cons: low wages, no bonuses at all, low chances for career advancements
All my years with Arizona Department of Economic Security
I enjoyed great relationships with my managers and colleagues.

The turnover rate was very low.

Benefits (Health, Dental Insurance) were good with very expanded providers network.

I could not say the same about wages (for IT) which were significantly lower than similar wages in the private – more... sector.

Job Security (Personnel Rule) for IT employees were abolished in September 2012 in exchange for small wages raise.

Possibility for Career Advancement exist for younger employees – less
Improving the lives of consumers served
PRC Chair/Human Rights Committee Liaison (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 26, 2014
Pros: being able to share my knowledge and expertise with others.
Cons: consistency
I am able to utilize my extensive skills, and abilities while working with a diverse population to help improve the lives of the consumers served.
A bit stressful due to unhappy co-workers
Public Service Evaluator III (Former Employee), Safford, AZJuly 15, 2014
Pros: good health benefits and excellent retirement
Cons: hourly pay is very low
Not a challenging position for me, very routine. Just asking clients the same questions over and over. I interviewed clients for walfare benefits, such as TANF, SNAP and Medical eligiblity, verified and processed changes reported.
one of the best companies
Public Service Evaluator (Current Employee), atlantaJuly 2, 2014
Pros: excellent management
Cons: fire quickly
this is one of the best companies that i have ever worked for in my life they are the best
Disfunctional organization
DISABLE VETERAN OUTREACH CASE OFFICER (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZJune 30, 2014
Pros: decent medical package
Cons: leadership are poorly trained and back stabbers for their own political gain
It is a large state organization that has terrible pay, but decent medical package. But they cut out there most experience people because the red tape and political back stabbing is proliferate throughout the organization.
DES - DBME is a challenging place to work
Public Services Evaluator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2014
Pros: the benefits
Cons: a rigid system and an atequated computer system
A typical day would start with me interviewing a welfare client of training a class of employees. While the routine was static the work load and responsibilities were not. When people go on mass exit from their jobs the work load increases to the point of being impossible (it seems) to handle. Some how we get through it however.
Very fast paced and resourceful place to work
Accounting Technician I (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 27, 2014
I performed accounting clerical work using automated system, sorting, coding and batching documents for data entry or inputting directly. Filed and maintained fiscal records; complied, reviewed and verified specified fiscal transactions received, calculate, extended and posted fiscal data. Prepared routine transactions reports and performed other related – more... duties as assigned. – less
love working for state!
Case Aide (Former Employee), mesa azMarch 27, 2014
Cons: too many to list
the best employer that i have ever had i learned a lot had a outstanding manager and co-workers the hardest part was having to leave
Not what it used to be
Records Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 10, 2014
Middle management is out of control. No one adheres to policies and procedures anymore. Benefits are still good, but working in a culture of fear is not worth it.
Fun Place to Work
Habilitation Technician I (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: retirement package
Cons: horrible pay rate
The benefits are great; however, the pay rate is horrible! The habilitation technicians are underpaid, but yet they do the most work. The tech's are very under appreciated.
Great career advancements
Program Service Evaluator 1 (Former Employee), Phoenix ArizonaJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: yearly salary increases as well as positions
Cons: being timely on a 350 monthly case load
Helping the public qualify for state benefits. Interview eight cases a day, as well as completing cases, or requesting more information. Management is always available to help guide, coworkers are always ready to lend a hand. Hardest part of the job is a family not being able to qualify for benefits and having to tell them. Families we see needed the – more... help, but we have to follow the state guidelines. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping families and giving other resources for them. – less
Nice Place
PSE (Current Employee), Phoenix, AzDecember 15, 2013
Nice place to work, great benefits. Do your job and you will not get fired
Challenging and thought-provoking place to work
Child Protective Services Specialist I (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 12, 2013
Pros: excellent position for self-motivator
A typical day within this position included constant contact with youth and families experiencing various situations of abuse/neglect or interaction with the Juvenile Court System. Case management was an important factor within this position as was relationship building and maintaining.
n/a
Clerk Typist III (Former Employee), flagstaff, azSeptember 4, 2013
Daily meetings with clients, organizing files, educating and assisting client with becoming self-sufficient by returning to work, school, or rehab etc
Very caring, compassionate work environment
Therapy Services Nurse Liaison (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 30, 2013
Pros: job satisifaction
Cons: budget cuts
Typical day ~ provided assistance in obtaining services to persons with developmental disabilities, interacted with Therapists, families, case managers and supervisors

What I learned ~ services and programs available to consumers

Hardest part of the job ~ leaving

Most enjoyable ~ Therapists included me in therapies for autistic consumers by having – more... consumers come to my office and request items or tell me about their day while using communication aids – less
Somewhat flexible...mandatory 25% retirement deducted from pay
Child Support Enforcement Officer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 5, 2013
Its a job...it has its pros and its cons like any other. Its a State job.
Worth the job
Child Protective Services Specialist II (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZJuly 11, 2013
I had a great supervisor, if it wasn't for her I would have left the job.
The job was rewarding
Child Protective Service Specialist III (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 18, 2013
Management is poor. The case load is very high with little to no support.
Management sucks
Child Protective Service Specialist (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJune 4, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
Focus is on recruiting new hires not keeping who they have - caseloads are high and employees are burnt out with no pay raises. Supervisors are not supportive. I would not recommend this place to anyone.