Arizona Department of Transportation Employee Reviews

I had a very good and hard working crew
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2017
I enjoyed my job and my work crew.We were promised raises after 90 days but they decided not to do this.I needed to work because like anybody else I had to pay rent ect. Then they changed our hours and are locations to work at. Two of my crew members quit and my superviser. So I left on good terms and moved to seattle
Pros
We had banquits which were nice
Cons
I had no complaints I don't like being lied to
Review of ADOT
Administrative Secretary III (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2017
As receptionist and administrative secretary a typical day is receiving phone calls and answering questions from the outside and inside customer. Create PO's to purchase office supplies, pay invoices using the Procure AZ system. Scheduling the conference room. Sorting and distributing mail. Learned to find ways to improve various processes. My manager encourages taking training to expand administrative and technical knowledge. The culture is to respect and help everyone. The hardest part of the job is when I've given co-workers the tools to be self sufficient when I'm not there and they don't apply them. The most enjoyable is when I have helped a co-worker or customer solve a problem. I like problem solving.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Low Pay -- No increases
Government Job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 16, 2017
I'm more business minded which is challenging in a government environment. I didn't find the work environment fit my standards on how to operate and manage a business inside state government.
Horrible
Desktop Contractor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85007March 3, 2017
Firing people with decades on the job to replace them with contractors. Pay freeze for the last 10 years.Revolving door made known as this is an at will employee state.
Pros
Pension
Cons
All else toxic environment and leadership
good place to work nice Co worker
Executive Hearing Office (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 28, 2017
I set up hearing for the Judges and input information in data base for customer answers incoming call work front desk take all parties to hearing room or there meeting
Pros
state job
Cons
No Money
Good Employer
Highway Operation Technician III (Current Employee) –  Cordes Junction, AZDecember 30, 2016
The hours and expectations of the job are great. The benefits are great. Advancement is rather difficult and in order for you to advance, you have to be willing to relocate.
Adot
Natural Resources Technician (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZDecember 20, 2016
Work with a diverse group of people with a commitment of making transportation safe and enjoyable. Diverse careers with great benefits, only downfall was the pay.
working with others at ADOT
Tech IV (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZDecember 6, 2016
Enjoyed co workers on going new challenges, always learning and meeting new people. Did not like the always on call no call pay unless you were called out.
Pros
Good work ethics
Cons
Poor upper management
great starting place
Information Tech Specialist IV / Config Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 15, 2016
I work with all of the departments customers in all of their needs from computers, printers, copiers and phones support

I liked working at this company as it provided me a great opportunity to grow and learn more about IT
Pros
paid time off
Cons
low pay
Fun and lots of training.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 21, 2016
Always busy lots of work to do. You are trained in every department. constantly learning new policies. Production was a high demand. We were challenge with every customer.
Pros
Active job.
Cons
office closed.
productive and professional
SECTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2016
I was hired as an agent II grows quickly to a section supervisor no problem with transferring to other sections or department very generous generous benefits package.
Good place to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2016
Learned lots about the Driver Licensing and Vehicle Licensing, computer programs are up to date and you gets lots of training.
Pros
Medical, Retirement, Paid leave
Cons
Pay not good
Strictly Business
CDL Examiner (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJuly 20, 2016
Throughout my 10 years of service to the State of Arizona, Department of Transportation I have grown exponentially. ADOT does it's best to do what it can for employees, however the state can only do so much with what it's given. The state is not private business therefore pay is not what it should be however the benefits are up to par. Working with the public for the majority of my career has been a task not taken lightly, it can be great and difficult in a matter of minutes. Small business is where ADOT strives to put it's best foot forward as the relationships with small businesses are always put first and I truly enjoyed my time working with Third Party.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, lack of support from hierarchy, lack of tools in order to perform job
Great Place to work
Equipment Parts Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 17, 2016
Always busy which make a work day go by very quick. Good upper management and the state offers a lot of training. Great co-workers and employer understands that family life is very important.
Wonderful place to work
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 31, 2016
It was a great place to work. The supervisors treated all employees with respect and made people want to do a great job. I learned a lot about automobiles and have a better understanding of what might be wrong with the vehicle given the symptoms.
Mvd
Administrative Assistant/Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2016
The hardest part about this job was it was a temporary position. The best part was all the wonderful people I was able to meet and help in that job position.
Pros
All that I learned.
Cons
Temporary
Productive Workplace
Records Custodian/Receptionist - (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2015
As a records custodian responsible for maintaining employee personnel and benefit files, maintain confidentiality, assist employees and public with employment questions, benefit questions and other general inquiries. I learned a lot about the Human Resources practices as this was my first position within Human Resources.
Good agency
Assistant Division Director (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2015
Great agency to work for, family friendly and the Director's Office is great. I was able to greatly developed my skills and knowledge,
Great Benefits
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 9, 2015
The organization is in a change management mode- great for learning and securing specific direction. Work day begins at 6:30am with reviews of various federal and state policies and procedures. Act on information provided and develop a method for distribution. Majority of the staff is in Phoenix, I work in an office Tucson AZ. Hardest part of the job is receiving and acting on current and valuable information.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Challenge to secure needed direction from Phoenix
Nice place to start or end a career
ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 4, 2015
There is a relaxed, familial environment here. However things can be way too relaxed to the point that lots of things fall through the cracks; not a lot of accountability for performance. Plenty of government bureaucracy, but the employees are of a surprisingly high caliber. Poor career advancement potential.
Pros
Benefits, collegues, good work-life balance
Cons
Poor management support, no advancement, red tape

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arizona Department of Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval