Arizona Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Not your dream job
Member Service Consultant (Former Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 25, 2015
Cons: Clicky
If you are not related to the gentleman club or are not personal friends with them, you will likely not advance at this employer.
Great Place to work
Teleservices Consultant II (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: None
While working at Arizona Federal, I had several job titles. It is a great place to work for, everyone was treated with respect. My typical day while working as an Teleservice Consultant consisted of: answering the phones from members, inquiries about balances on accounts, refunding overdraft fees and just general information regarding the credit union.
friendly staff
In-Store Consultant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 20, 2015
cashed checks

made deposits

started loan process for members

opened and closed accounts

informed members of new products

informed non-members of becoming a member
Great Customer Service Credit Union
New Business Development (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 12, 2015
Arizona Federal provides excellent customer service to the members. The credit union is small and experience and advancement are limited.
First Job
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix ArizonaMay 5, 2015
This is where my work career really begin. It gave me my customer service experience. I learned to become a mu-lit tasking individual. Learned how to handle escalations. By the time I left Wal-Mart I was store trained and had become a customer service manager.
Non-profit organization
Call Center Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2015
Non-profit organization. Empowerment is allowed. Team work is important. Friendly atmosphere. Goal driven. Discounts available. Service oriented.
Accounting Work Environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 6, 2015
Cons: workplace environment
Hostile environment, with high turnover rate.

Senior Management - Micro Management and leads with a iron fist.
Management leads by fear, with an error terror mentality. No room for error or mistakes.

Lack of respect for employee. Employees discouraged to provide feedback or come forth with concerns for fear or losing their jobs.
Unfair treatment of employees including inconsistent practices policies being applied.

Accounting Management lacks understanding about their work to guide and direct their employees.

Employees are frequently asked to work late, work more, and assigning more work than they can do that stress out the employees.
Conflict of Interest- Senior Management has a personal relationship outside of work with management reporting to them which creates intimidation of subordinates others to come forth for fear of losing their jobs.

Although the organization is looking to improve their culture and create employee empowerment, Senior Management for Accounting is untouchable. The "HIGHER-UP's" like this individual because they get the job done. Management behavior and employee treatment is overlooked due to the personal relationships that have existed throughout their years with the Higher-ups of this organization.

The most enjoyable part of the job was if allowed to interact was staffs that have made it through for as long as they did.
Fun atmosphere
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 3, 2014
For employees that were hired on after the temp agency, this place had alot to offer. Trainings were given on a weekly basis so knowledge was up to date. Break and lunch activities were fun.
Great company to work for.
Operation Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great people to work with and great core values. great benefits.
Cons: being micro managed.
Maintained databases for employee's production and branch cash ordering. Created Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the staff to follow. There was many opportunity for advancement with the company. It was very rewarding to be able to see your input with the Executive Management Team unfold. It is a fast paced environment with deadlines to meet.
Busy company with a lot of support from Management.
Teleservices Consultant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 2, 2014
Arizona Federal Credit Union is a great Financial Institution to work for. There are many departments to move into along with the Management and Training Teams to provide support in your performance goals.
Supportive co-workers and personable Sr. Leadership
Service Consultant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 6, 2014
Supportive co-workers. Team work is very apparent. CEO knows everyone by first name. Very personable.
Job good but revolving door management
Consumer Loan Underwriter (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: hour lunches, 2 breaks, ok benefits
Cons: psychological terrorism
I enjoy the job I do and my coworkers but management is unstable, high overturn. The company itself puts on a phony happy facade but that's all it is and if you don't pretend to drink the kool-aid then you will be bullied into it or worse.
Loved Arizona Federal
FINANCIAL SERVICES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 31, 2013
Pros: good pay
I worked there for a little over 10 years and I loved it. I started on the teller line and moved up to financial services. I enjoyed my coworkers and the members were nice. Towards the end, they really pushed cross selling products.
great work environment
In-Store Consultant (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 22, 2013
Pros: great incentives
closed loans for new home buyers, did typical admin work, loved the people i worked for, it was always a great fun at our office and we were always the number office out of the 10 they had in phoenix.
arizona federal credit untion
customer service (Former Employee), tempe, azJune 4, 2013
Pros: breaks
Cons: n/a
was an excellant job the hours were good overall arizona federal credit union was a good job
Customer Service driven
Asst. Branch Manager/Lead Teller (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 15, 2013
The company is always looking for ways to provide superior service to its members, and always looking for ways to improve on its superior service.
Friendly environment/ workplace
Underwriter (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 2, 2012
Pros: no weekends
Cons: instability
Underwrote all loans for MTG depat. Big turnover in Management and employees not quite sure of department they were just developing it.
Fun and productive
Service Consultant (Current Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 21, 2012
Pros: wonderful culture
I love working here, my managers and team mates are welcoming and warm hearted. AZFCU has shares a culture with its members that is educational and fun.