Arizona Grand Resort Employee Reviews in United States

Fun Workplace, great enviroment
Oasis Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 5, 2016
As a Worker in the gift shop, I would be in charge of checking people in and out of the water park, handling any issues with customer relations, and was in charge of cash register and micros machines.
Pros
discount lunch
Cons
short breaks
I like my job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 8, 2015
I like my job. So far I like working here. I have been here for less than six months. My typical day at work is about 10-14 hours depending on business. Thanks
Horrible
Banquet Set-Up (Former Employee) –  Tempe,AZJune 19, 2015
Dont ever work there unless you dont want to make any money and get treated poorly.
no breaks, no advancement, low wages, bad hours
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks, no advancement, low wages, bad hours
Great opportunity to meet new people, great team work, unhappy staff
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2015
Great opportunity to meet new guests on a daily basis, fun environment to work in, understanding staff and team mates, high expectations, expected to be professional yet management and chefs were far from it.
Pros
healthcare, overtime, benefits
Cons
No breaks unless on a double, unprofessional fashion to treat employees/staff
Save yourself the pain and misery
server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 7, 2014
The entire restaurant is overall poorly ran. You will be treated horrible and harassed as a test to see if you are going to be able to make it there. The management changes so frequently that you can't even keep things straight. The management will openly bad mouth their employees to other employees.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
discrimination and harassment
Working at the Arizona Grand Resort
Food Runner Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2014
A typical day working at the Arizona Grand is was a task but I was able to handle it. Some of the tasks I was required to do was clean cabanas and help deliver food. I learned from my experience how to interact with costumers and guest. People want to be treated with respect and I was able to do that very easily. My co-workers were also helpful. We help each other with tasks in order to run a successful business. The hardest part of the day was being outside in the heat, after all, it is Arizona. The most enjoyable part of the day was being able to interact with costumers, I'm a people person and people relate to me easily.
Pros
discounted lunches, tips
Cons
not being able to stay at the resort
Fun and enjoyable
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2014
Typical day started when ever you were scheduled. Learned a lot in regards to customer service. The managers you worked with seemed to understand what you had to do and go through, but managers from other shifts and upper management had a complete disconnect from each shift. Advancement seemed to be more about who hung out with the managers; rather than who actually did their job. Hardest part of the job was when the water park opened up and you would have lines to check in that would take hours to get through. Most enjoyable was that if it was too busy to go to lunch they would buy it for us. Co-workers could be fun.
Pros
occasional free lunches
Cons
healthcare and favoritism
Exceptionally Grand in every aspect with limitless opportunity for growth.
General Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 20, 2013
The Arizona Grand Resort was a fun work place everyday, not only was it a beautiful resort but the interaction with the guest was awesome. I learned skills that will take me into other trades in the future. Co-workers are lovely and like family, the toughest part of the job is working with different guest and coming across different scenarios but it just makes you a better person and ready for whatever else comes your way. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone from your department would have a potluck or secret Santa or just have a good time enjoying each others company.
it was a good place it had a good atmosphere
Barista (Former Employee) –  phoenix azNovember 5, 2013
over all it was a fun job met alt of great people. learned alot about how a resort runs and the different people that go to them.
i learned some thing that i didnt know like how to properly serve gelato, and how they make their fancy deserts.
Your treated like Family
HOSPITALITY (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2013
Arizona Grand Resort is a job unlike no other. Everyone is very friendly, and the benefits are even better.
Great staff and fun work place
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2013
The managers are all very helpful and great people to be around. Everyone is professional with assisting guests and passionate about their jobs.
Flexible work place for college students
Golf Course Attendant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2013
Typical day at work would involve greeting guests with a warm a sincere welcome. Load up golf bags on carts and inform them about the course. Once they finish their round, clean up their clubs and offer any additional assistance. Invite them back and thank them for coming out. Great environment to work in for a college job, flexible hours with enjoyable people. The hardest part about the job would mainly be dealing with the outside weather conditions, however it is never truly unbearable.
Pros
free golf, flexible hours
Cons
low pay, no benefits
fun an active place to work
guest services supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 4, 2013
always something new to challenge you daily,never boreing, great staff of people.
Pros
outside work, one on one with people, face to face
Cons
az heat in summer
productive work day
Chair up/Table (Former Employee) –  Phoenix ArizonaNovember 9, 2012
A typical work day for the Arizona Grand Resort would be fun enjoyable and always a great working enviorment. I enjoyed serving people with great service always had the best answer to a guest at this resort i always put a smile on the guest when they approched and when they had a complement,question or just wanted to learn more about the resort. I always was on time and never disapointed any co-workers. I would say the hardest job about the resort would be keeping track on time because it was always a constant job i was always starting and finishing new jobs and never had time to keep track of time but i eventaly kept track of my time to clock out.
Pros
great resort
Cons
bad layout of resortt
Fun workplace
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2012
Fun during hours but not enough hours. Cant work more than 40 hours a week.
Poorly managed
Business Center / Shipping & Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 30, 2011
This place allows their managers to use "bullying" and intimidation as management tools. Rather than asking or even telling their employees to do something they threaten them with their jobs if they don't do it immediately even if the employee is already doing something that another manager has assigned them to do they will still threaten you with your job if you don't stop and do what they want. It's crazy. They set their employees up to fail. And when a manager quits they have another employee take over the managers job while they interview candidates for the managers job and if the employee that is filling in applies they tell him that he's not qualified to do the job even though he is doing the job already.

Comment – January 13, 2012

I am currently employed at the Arizona Grand and I can attest to this former employee's comments. I know this person and can attest to their honesty in this manner. If you want a job that encourages ethics and fair treatment of everyone....apply elsewhere!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arizona Grand Resort. Our community is ready to answer.