Arizona Grand Resort Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Director of Rooms (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2016
The managers and associates at the Arizona Grand are amazing and dedicated. They are the back bone to the company. I appreciated the willingness to help and assist in anyway they can.
Good temporary place to work
Security Officer/EMT (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2016
Management is sub par and terrible pay but everyone who works there is pretty awesome. You get a good amount of freedom but working every weekend gets old. This place should just be a stepping stone for a better career.
Pros
People
Cons
pay
You'll be very productive but it won't matter if management has it out for you
Lobby porter (Former Employee) –  PhoAugust 18, 2016
There's definitely an issue with management or "a the people in power" the women are very unprofessional here and because most of the workers don't speak English well they get away with treating people poorly. I would honestly say DONT work the lobby porter position the other workers talked badly about me in Spanish assuming I didn't understand then they made a coo to get me fired because they didn't like me every day I got hassles that I should find a different job and why I wanted to work there which should have been none of their business nor concern. Management is just as bad as they back these employees since they've been there so long but doesn't
make it right. I wanted to go to HR about everything they said I had to go to management first and the unprofessional conversation they had with me made me walk out and go straight to HR but even they didn't help so I left because nobody should endure a work environment like this especially when they just wanna work DO NOT work for housekeeping completely unprofessional and they show favoritism
Pros
Lunches they serve and beautiful scenery
Cons
Management, Hr, and being treated like a second class citizen
Fun Workplace, great enviroment
Oasis Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 5, 2016
As a Worker in the gift shop, I would be in charge of checking people in and out of the water park, handling any issues with customer relations, and was in charge of cash register and micros machines.
Pros
discount lunch
Cons
short breaks
Love my Job but....
Food and beverage hospitality (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 22, 2016
I have worked at the AZ Grand for almost a year now. For the most part I love my job. It's a beautiful environment and an exciting place to work. I'm constantly meeting new and interesting guests from all over the country and I truly enjoy people, so it's definitely my cup of tea.

Here are the cons: Management! Not all, in fact, most are very good, but the problem is the few that are bad, are really really bad and in high positions they don't belong in! The few imparticular I'm referring to are extremely uncaring, unempathetic, unprofessional, have very poor communication skills with the staff and often with the guests. What they should be doing is often passed down to the employee to deal with on their own. Often things are done by these managers that employees are constantly being told we are not allowed to do. Bottom line, the few Managers I'm referring to just really, truly don't care in the least about their employees and it's quite obvious to us.

One other major con is that the hours can be very long (10, 11 plus hour shifts sometimes) and we are NOT given breaks. There isn't even a place where we are allowed to eat except the very back by the dishpit, (no table, counter space, etc.) yet we are not allowed to take a break anyway to go back there for any length of time.

Again, this is a VERY small percentage of Management that I've encountered that are like this. I'm hoping it gets noticed soon and the ones that don't belong in a place like the Arizona Grand will be unable to keep hiding their true colors to their Superiors. I believe it's just a matter if
  more... time.

Back to the positive now. I have never worked with harder working fellow employees who truly care about guests and their coworkers. I do LOVE my job and hope that we can continue to keep the positive attitudes of the hard working employees that this gem of a place has working here!
Pros
Enviroment, guests, co-workers and earning potential
Cons
Specific managenent, no breaks, long hours, inconsistent schedules.
I like my job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 8, 2015
I like my job. So far I like working here. I have been here for less than six months. My typical day at work is about 10-14 hours depending on business. Thanks
Horrible
Banquet Set-Up (Former Employee) –  Tempe,AZJune 19, 2015
Dont ever work there unless you dont want to make any money and get treated poorly.
no breaks, no advancement, low wages, bad hours
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks, no advancement, low wages, bad hours
Great opportunity to meet new people, great team work, unhappy staff
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2015
Great opportunity to meet new guests on a daily basis, fun environment to work in, understanding staff and team mates, high expectations, expected to be professional yet management and chefs were far from it.
Pros
healthcare, overtime, benefits
Cons
No breaks unless on a double, unprofessional fashion to treat employees/staff
Save yourself the pain and misery
server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 7, 2014
The entire restaurant is overall poorly ran. You will be treated horrible and harassed as a test to see if you are going to be able to make it there. The management changes so frequently that you can't even keep things straight. The management will openly bad mouth their employees to other employees.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
discrimination and harassment
Working at the Arizona Grand Resort
Food Runner Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2014
A typical day working at the Arizona Grand is was a task but I was able to handle it. Some of the tasks I was required to do was clean cabanas and help deliver food. I learned from my experience how to interact with costumers and guest. People want to be treated with respect and I was able to do that very easily. My co-workers were also helpful. We help each other with tasks in order to run a successful business. The hardest part of the day was being outside in the heat, after all, it is Arizona. The most enjoyable part of the day was being able to interact with costumers, I'm a people person and people relate to me easily.
Pros
Discounted lunches, tips
Cons
Not being able to stay at the resort
Fun and enjoyable
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2014
Typical day started when ever you were scheduled. Learned a lot in regards to customer service. The managers you worked with seemed to understand what you had to do and go through, but managers from other shifts and upper management had a complete disconnect from each shift. Advancement seemed to be more about who hung out with the managers; rather than who actually did their job. Hardest part of the job was when the water park opened up and you would have lines to check in that would take hours to get through. Most enjoyable was that if it was too busy to go to lunch they would buy it for us. Co-workers could be fun.
Pros
Occasional Free Lunches
Cons
Healthcare and Favoritism
Exceptionally Grand in every aspect with limitless opportunity for growth.
General Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 20, 2013
The Arizona Grand Resort was a fun work place everyday, not only was it a beautiful resort but the interaction with the guest was awesome. I learned skills that will take me into other trades in the future. Co-workers are lovely and like family, the toughest part of the job is working with different guest and coming across different scenarios but it just makes you a better person and ready for whatever else comes your way. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone from your department would have a potluck or secret Santa or just have a good time enjoying each others company.
it was a good place it had a good atmosphere
Barista (Former Employee) –  phoenix azNovember 5, 2013
over all it was a fun job met alt of great people. learned alot about how a resort runs and the different people that go to them.
i learned some thing that i didnt know like how to properly serve gelato, and how they make their fancy deserts.
Your treated like Family
HOSPITALITY (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2013
Arizona Grand Resort is a job unlike no other. Everyone is very friendly, and the benefits are even better.
Great staff and fun work place
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2013
The managers are all very helpful and great people to be around. Everyone is professional with assisting guests and passionate about their jobs.
Flexible work place for college students
Golf Course Attendant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2013
Typical day at work would involve greeting guests with a warm a sincere welcome. Load up golf bags on carts and inform them about the course. Once they finish their round, clean up their clubs and offer any additional assistance. Invite them back and thank them for coming out. Great environment to work in for a college job, flexible hours with enjoyable people. The hardest part about the job would mainly be dealing with the outside weather conditions, however it is never truly unbearable.
Pros
Free golf, flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, no benefits
fun an active place to work
guest services supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 4, 2013
always something new to challenge you daily,never boreing, great staff of people.
Pros
outside work, one on one with people, face to face
Cons
az heat in summer
productive work day
Chair up/Table (Former Employee) –  Phoenix ArizonaNovember 9, 2012
A typical work day for the Arizona Grand Resort would be fun enjoyable and always a great working enviorment. I enjoyed serving people with great service always had the best answer to a guest at this resort i always put a smile on the guest when they approched and when they had a complement,question or just wanted to learn more about the resort. I always was on time and never disapointed any co-workers. I would say the hardest job about the resort would be keeping track on time because it was always a constant job i was always starting and finishing new jobs and never had time to keep track of time but i eventaly kept track of my time to clock out.
Pros
great resort
Cons
bad layout of resortt
Fun workplace
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2012
Fun during hours but not enough hours. Cant work more than 40 hours a week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arizona Grand Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Arizona Grand Resort Reviews by Location