Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Health Program Manager I, AHCCCS (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2013
It is great to work for this company. I basically started my career at AHCCCS and I have learned andy am still learning great skills. AHCCCS allows you to advance within the company.
overall a good place to work
RN, Medical Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 8, 2012
Management was good in some ways, less than ideal in others. There were things that went on that would not be tolerated in the private sector. In some instances incompetence appeared to be rewarded with promotion and once a manager there was little accountability.
Raises were unheard of, unless the money was immediately taken back in the form of higher insurance payments. Changing positions, even departments, was the only way to increase income.
Flexibility was very good telework opportunities were encouraged in most departments.
During my time there there were massive layoffs, Riffs. But these did not effect me personnally and did not markedly increase the work load of remaining staff.
One thing I very much appreciated was that applicants to the programs were to be treated as "customers", respected and valued. We considered all the people with whom we had contact as "customers". Therefore there was a low tolerance for rudeness and impatience amongst coworkers. For the most part there was a great sense of respect amongst coworkers.
Pros
flexible work schedules and telecommuting options available.
Cons
croneyism in management. low pay relative to responsibility.

Want to know more about Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System?

Ask a question