Arizona Heart Institute Employee Reviews

Fun, professional, and busy
Cash / Collections (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2016
follow up on claims that have been paid buy the insurance companies. and balance has been dropped to patient, working with
the patient, insurance company and Doctors to obtain payment for services.

helping confused patients understand what their balance is and how the insurance company paid.

reaching and exceeding goals.
Pros
all of the job is a pro
Cons
when a patient dies.
Very friendly environment and fast paced.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2015
It was a very fast paced environment. I learned accuracy on EKG's and Holter Monitors. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful. Hardest part of job was not having enough room at my desk when clients ready to be checked out. Most enjoyable was the smile on clients faces when test were negative.
Pros
Free lunches from drug representatives.
Slavery
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 7, 2014
A very busy billing office. The company expected to much they worked you to death. Not allowed to call in sick. If you did you had to make it up!
Pros
lots of bonus, good raises
Cons
forced to work over time!
Probably my worst NP job experience and unfortunately was my first.
Nurse Practitioner (NP) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2013
Not an ideal place for an NP/PA. Very high turnover with many dissatisfied employees. Pay was average. Some days a practitioner would do 1 H&P all day, other days you would do 10. Very poor management. This was an awful experience.
Pros
Worked with Dr Dietrich
Cons
Awful overall experience. Poorly managed. Very high turnover. Not a healthy environment, especially for a new grad
Worked in outpt procedure lab
Cardiac Clinic Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2013
Worked pre op post op angiogram lab preped pt teaching obtained permits for procedure inserted iv and premedicated pt recovered post op vital signs medication administration removing femoral arterial and venous sheaths post op discharge instructions test results with doctors surgeons schedule surgery prepare charts for surgery update testing as needed for surgery presurgical for pt and familly then worked for 4 years in the nursing office general nursing duties
Pros
pt contact learned alot
A fast paced office with challanges
Supervisor-Billing Office (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 15, 2012
AHI was an extremely busy practice and very diverse. There was new a dull moment and I loved the fast paced environment. There were never enough hours in the day to always feel a sense of accomplishment with the ever changing rules in healthcare. But we did get it done. Nevertheless, I loved every minute of my job.
My management trusted my skills in running an efficient billing department and did a good job with the staff we had.
I had great staff and a great mentor, I felt quite fortunate to be employed with the Heart Institute
Hardest part of the job was sometimes having to babysit some staff
Most enjoyable was winning and getting money from the insurance companies from appeals or just getting them to reprocess the claim correctly. Doctors should be paid correctly and timely.
Pros
having the control of my department and being trusted to do the job
Cons
i can't say there were any
I did my school internship here.
Heart Specialist Externship (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 21, 2012
Busy office. Received good on the job training. Learned e-scripts, electronic EKG's, received and called in prescription requests to pharmacy's. Worked front and back office.
Pros
scheduled hours
Cons
no job openings after school internship.
Great people
Cardiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZJuly 17, 2012
Good work environment. Great co-workers and positive attitude workplace.
Pros
great work atmosphere
Best job I ever had, but no teem players
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2012
Scheduled appointments for patients, worked under RN suppervision. Answered phone, assist patients with concerns. Prepared exam rooms.
Pros
catered food
Cons
no teem work
Unique specialty clinic for cardiovascular patients
Prior Authorization Coordinator - Patient Services (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 3, 2012
I enjoy what I do, I feel confident in my skills and knowledge and believe that I am an asset to the company. My position requires a high level of multitasking and being able to prioritize time and tasks. My supervisor is honest in her approach and receptive to any concerns I have. One of the most difficult challenges I face is appealing to an insurance company to approve a surgery or test that they feel is not necessary. I do enjoy building a rapport with our patients in maintaining relationships and trust. Our patients our with us for many years, and sometimes a lifetime. Often our patients are spouses, siblings, children and parents of other patients. We care for them and we provide care for them.
Fun place to work they treated the employees all the time.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2012
This was a great place to work the people were great. The Doctor's and Nurse's were the best that you can find in the Cardiology field. My co-workers were great I loved working here I would still be there had I not moved nine years ago.
Pros
lunches
Cons
located in not so nice area
Busy work environment
Cardiovascular Technician (Current Employee) –  PhoenixApril 10, 2012
Typical day includes direct patient care, triaging phone calls, reviewing medical history with patients, working hands on with physicians, performing stress tests, holter monitors, EKGs, downloading data, billing.
Co-workers are team players, looking out for each other, covering other clinics whenever needed
Hardest part of the job is limited staff, limited coverage for breaks/time off.
Most enjoyable part is the incredible learning opportunities.
Pros
great learning environment.
Cons
limited coverage for breaks
Nice position
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  LAKE HAVASU CITYMarch 5, 2012
Good, clean, safe working environment. Nice personal relationships as well as patient contacts.
Pros
overall great staff
Cons
operating physician moved out of state

Arizona Heart Institute Reviews by Location