Arizona Oncology Associates

Arizona Oncology Associates Employer Reviews

Excellent and well organized association
Patient Benefit Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 17, 2013
Pros: i was given the opportunity to work with brave individuals battling cancer.
Cons: losing patients to cancer is never easy.
While working with cancer patients is challenging; the working environment was equally rewarding.
Company has had negative employee survey's year after year
Billing Specialist/Team Lead Patient Accounts/AFS (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 3, 2013
2013: Arizona Oncology is affiliated with USOncology who was bought out by McKesson. In the last 7 years there has been a slow decline in employee morale, upon other issues that is going currently going on as to the reason of the slow demise of the organization.
Busy, Busy, Busy
Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 29, 2013
This is a great company to work for! When I graduated as an Medical Assistant, this was the first place I worked at! Great doctors!
Management and work environment unprofessional
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 30, 2012
Pros: occasional lunches for employees, a free company shirt
Cons: high turn over, no opportunity to advance, management makes false promises
Worked for this company for 6 months at the central business office. Management makes you feel unwelcome and uncomfortable. I had to stand at Director's Asst desk each morning for up to an hour for 6 weeks waiting for Super or Lead to find me an empty desk, while employees walked by making wise cracks. They only gave me a permanent desk when I started – more... to walk out the door one day. Management has an excuse for everything. My supervisor never had time for anyone. She always made excuses to get anyone out of her office who needed directives or help on projects. I was never introduced to any people or shown around the office when hired. Many people were NOT friendly at first. Company makes promises of advancement within a time frame then changes things once they got you there thinking you'll just accept what they put you in. There is no acceptance of ideas or suggestions. Management seems to have no direction and have developed an "Us and Them" atmosphere. Turn over is high. There is alot of uncontrolled employee gossip and employees pitting one against another. Employees constantly complaining to management about one another to try to get each other in trouble. I could not put up with such an unprofessional atmosphere. I left as soon as I found another job. I gave it 6 months thinking things might improve. Management believes an employee should not do any more than what they were hired to do. My job was simple, boring, and unchallenging. There was no willingness to utilize my skills and experience I offered to this company. I became bored with such a simple job very quickly. Office Manager just smiles and patronizes you when you try to talk with her. She talks down to the employees. Treats them like they are beneath her. The Director avoids most employees. Very closed minded company. Very unfortunate. – less
Medical records technician (Former Employee), Glendale, AZApril 16, 2012
Pros: great pay
Cons: ladies were to snobby
Was very busy from the time I came in to the time I left. Time went by quick and learned alot with some of the ladies. Hardest part of the job was knowing the job the first day.