Arizona Oncology Associates Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Worker (Current Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZMarch 8, 2017
Not well managed. To much work and not enough staff. Most people are friendly who work there. Providers are nice. But they are stressed due to poor management and lack of defined processes.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Not a good work environment. Lots of unhappy workers and poor management
Not the best job culture.
Lead Medical Assistant, SR (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 15, 2017
Too many duties and too cheap to hire appropriate amount of staff. they take advantage of the staff by piling on the duties and spreading them thin making the staff feel overwhelmed and burnt out.
ok
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZAugust 26, 2016
everyone knows each other for years to much favoritism. Management is ok. Just don't do say or do something they don't like they will try to get ride of you.
Great pay. Very competitive. Good benefits.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 27, 2016
Opportunity for growth. Competitive pay. Managers want to do better for their employees but just need the time to do so. Operate very leanly with their employees.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Working a lot of hours.
Worst manager ever
Employee (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 6, 2016
I've been with AOA for about 8 months and I've never had to deal with such a rude manager! He Glares at his employees in discussed and has an ego the size of the world. He thinks he is above everyone and has no consideration for anyone but himself. He has belittled me since day one and I've reported him numerous times and NO ONE has done anything. No email, no phone call and no exit interview.
Pros
Employess were great to work with
Cons
management sucks, revolving door with staff.
Stressful !!!!!!!!!
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sedona, AZOctober 5, 2015
Great company to work for but all administrative positions are high stress positions; all administrative positions have VERY little training.
Pros
great team work
Cons
high stress
Negative work place, overworked understaffed and poorly managed.
Insurance specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 15, 2015
Worked at the Business office for 3 years very poor management, the communication between management and staff is very poor. The Supervisor has no people skills, she talks down to her staff. The work load is huge, the employees are set up for failure not success. Very hard to take time off and forget about being sick you get in trouble every time, plus no one helps you get caught up while you are out. Everyone's work load is to huge to be able to help others out. The staff is depressed and overworked not a good atmosphere.
Pros
No Pros beside some of the people that work there are nice, but they are too overworked to really get to know them.
Cons
Negative atmosphere, over worked, hard to get time off. Supervisor is not a nice person.
Great Company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 20, 2013
Escort patients to exam room, obtain and record vital signs, complaints and symptoms. Assist doctor with procedures. Educate the patients on their treatments and side effects they can expect.
Excellent and well organized association
Patient Benefit Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 17, 2013
While working with cancer patients is challenging; the working environment was equally rewarding.
Pros
I was given the opportunity to work with brave individuals battling cancer.
Cons
Losing patients to cancer is never easy.
Company has had negative employee survey's year after year
Billing Specialist/Team Lead Patient Accounts/AFS (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 3, 2013
2013: Arizona Oncology is affiliated with USOncology who was bought out by McKesson. In the last 7 years there has been a slow decline in employee morale, upon other issues that is going currently going on as to the reason of the slow demise of the organization.
Busy, Busy, Busy
Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 29, 2013
This is a great company to work for! When I graduated as an Medical Assistant, this was the first place I worked at! Great doctors!
Management and work environment unprofessional
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 30, 2012
Worked for this company for 6 months at the central business office. Management makes you feel unwelcome and uncomfortable. I had to stand at Director's Asst desk each morning for up to an hour for 6 weeks waiting for Super or Lead to find me an empty desk, while employees walked by making wise cracks. They only gave me a permanent desk when I started to walk out the door one day. Management has an excuse for everything. My supervisor never had time for anyone. She always made excuses to get anyone out of her office who needed directives or help on projects. I was never introduced to any people or shown around the office when hired. Many people were NOT friendly at first. Company makes promises of advancement within a time frame then changes things once they got you there thinking you'll just accept what they put you in. There is no acceptance of ideas or suggestions. Management seems to have no direction and have developed an "Us and Them" atmosphere. Turn over is high. There is alot of uncontrolled employee gossip and employees pitting one against another. Employees constantly complaining to management about one another to try to get each other in trouble. I could not put up with such an unprofessional atmosphere. I left as soon as I found another job. I gave it 6 months thinking things might improve. Management believes an employee should not do any more than what they were hired to do. My job was simple, boring, and unchallenging. There was no willingness to utilize my skills and experience I offered to this company. I became bored with such a simple job very quickly. Office  more... Manager just smiles and patronizes you when you try to talk with her. She talks down to the employees. Treats them like they are beneath her. The Director avoids most employees. Very closed minded company. Very unfortunate.  less
Pros
occasional lunches for employees, a free company shirt
Cons
high turn over, no opportunity to advance, management makes false promises
Medical records technician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 16, 2012
Was very busy from the time I came in to the time I left. Time went by quick and learned alot with some of the ladies. Hardest part of the job was knowing the job the first day.
Pros
great pay
Cons
ladies were to snobby

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arizona Oncology Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9