The Accounts Receivable Representative I demonstrates thorough knowledge of billing functions, including the claims life cycle, denials, and the appeals process. Responsible for processing in-bound denials in a timely and accurate manner. Interprets and applies compliance guidelines to maintain billing integrity. Updates and maintains patient account information and is able to make adjustments when necessary.
- Receives and sorts each day’s correspondence, routing mail as appropriate.
- Identifies and communicates trends in denials.
- Correct and resubmits any denied claims, including submitting additional information or documentation as requested, creation of and submission of appeal forms, or any other means.
- Communicates with patients in office or by phone regarding their accounts.
- Resolves any unsatisfied issues.
- Additional duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in medical billing/collections for five or more years.
- Specialist billing required, Pain Management experience preferred
- Familiar with government and private insurance.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- While performing duties of the job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers; talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate.
Indeed - 5 months ago
At Arizona Pain Specialists, we are passionate about treating those who suffer from pain. We empathize with chronic pain’s burden on...