The Accounts Receivable Representative I demonstrates thorough knowledge of billing functions, including the claims life cycle, denials, and the appeals process. Responsible for processing in-bound denials in a timely and accurate manner. Interprets and applies compliance guidelines to maintain billing integrity. Updates and maintains patient account information and is able to make adjustments when necessary.
- Receives and sorts each day’s correspondence, routing mail as appropriate.
- Identifies and communicates trends in denials.
- Correct and resubmits any denied claims, including submitting additional information or documentation as requested, creation of and submission of appeal forms, or any other means.
- Communicates with patients in office or by phone regarding their accounts.
- Resolves any unsatisfied issues.
- Additional duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in medical billing/collections for five or more years.
- Specialist billing required, Pain Management experience preferred
- Familiar with government and private insurance.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- While performing duties of the job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers; talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate.
At Arizona Pain Specialists, we are passionate about treating those who suffer from pain. We empathize with chronic pain’s burden on...