Arizona Public Service (APS) Employee Reviews

great place to work
Customer Care Representative / Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 28, 2018
APS is a great place to work they treat their employees like gold. Very fast paced so no office drama. Very very good company to work for. I would highly recommend this company for job placement.
Pros
face paced and they treat their employees like gold
Cons
no cons
Turning into just another corporation
Instrument and Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  Tonopah, AZJanuary 23, 2018
APS used to be a great place to work. Now it is only a good place to work. The mentality of the executives has become similar to other large corporations. They are slowly scaling back benefits and pay to satisfy shareholders. They clearly have no loyalty towards employees anymore. They are no longer honest in their dealings with employees. The pay is still excellent compared to other industries.
Pros
Good pay and decent job security
Cons
Untrustworthy executives and middle management
A job worth keeping
GIS- Mapper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2018
APS offers a great amount of opportunities to advance in your career/job. The management there is great in the GIS department. Employees become family. APS offers great benefits.
Pros
Many different locations, chance for advancement.
positive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 28, 2017
Working at aps was the same thing everyday, there was numbers that need to be met and make sure customer where happy but also needed to make sure you followed all guidelines.
Pros
no sick days
Cons
heath care
Good benefits, many career choices and positions throughout Arizona
Technical Account Representative / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 25, 2017
I worked at APS for 33 years. It is an excellent company with lots of opportunities in many job fields. I highly recommend this company to anyone who desires a secure position with competitive wages and benefits.
Pros
Career choices
Cons
Under qualified management in some areas.
Not the best place to work for minorities
Employee (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2017
It was unpleasant working for aps. Some of my coworkers were great to be around and work with, but a majority of the time the department and people I was working with were not so great.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Not a healthy work environment
Aps
Control Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tonopah, AZNovember 4, 2017
Palo Verde is a nuclear generating station. It is in the desert out in Tonopah, Arizona and uses treated wastewater from Phoenix as it's water supply.
Fantastic place to work
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Palo Verde Nuclear Generating StationOctober 12, 2017
Work at times work can be fast paced, especially when there are three units to keep operating and generating electricity, safely. All the hard work is compensated with good benefits. APS has a culture of keeping everyone properly trained for their particular job, a culture of safety in the field and in the engineering office and caring for the local communities. The hardest part of the job for me were those times when an unexpected problem came up and these don't occure from 9:00 to 5:00. Sometimes a crew of enginners and field workers were called in to fix the problem and return the unit to operation. Sometimes these would take longer than expected. Good teams accomplished all tasks and safely. I enjoyed celebrations when management would bring out catered lunch or displays set out on safety day.
Pros
Too many to mention here
APS Palo Verde Nuclear largest Nuclear Plant in the Country
Lead Equipment Technician/Safety Analysis (Former Employee) –  Arizona, TonopahSeptember 27, 2017
Working in a Nuclear Power Plant isn't for just the anyone. The demands and constraints are very rigid. You must be willing to live your personal life for the values, and commitment to the facility.
Very Busy
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 22, 2017
Plenty of daily, weekly, monthly work to perform you will not be bored. Many things to learn and excel at if you are willing to put in the time to study and research multiple items.
It was a challenging work environment with opportunities for advancement
Fossil Generation Supervisor, Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2017
I worked in several different departments at APS. Started at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station as an engineer. Oversaw day to day efforts of civil work at the plant. Transferred to Warranty conformance department resolving warranty and non-conformance issues at fossil power plants. Opportunity came along to head up the Electric Operations department...in charge of budgeting, forecasting, outage scheduling and executive report development for the Board of Directors.
Interesting place to work
Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2017
Large utility... many moving parts... would recommend working here. Large enterprise network/s. Tons of technologies to learn and work on. It would be a challenge to get the kind of exposure you do at APS on its networks anywhere else.
Pros
Steady income
Biased
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Payson, AZAugust 24, 2017
Major shift in management resulted in biased performance reviews. Good corporate culture but a recent "Work Force Reduction Initiative" resulted in a stressful and highly competitive work environment.
Aps
Forestry Pre-Inspector (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2017
I really enjoy working for APS. A great company with great people and benefits. Getting hired on to APS was a great opportunity for me and my family. It has provided a great opportunity to learn and create a new career.
Variety of daily duties and multi tasking along with friendly work environment made this job a positive experience for me.
Administrative Assistant - Home Builders West (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZAugust 21, 2017
Friendly and productive work environment. Many opportunities for advancement. I performed a variety of duties which added to enjoyment of my work. Overall responsibilities included customer service for residential and business communities, interacted with major subdivisions and field crews. On site inspections, training in all phase of electrical equipment (transformers, meters, etc.)
Pros
work community
A great place to work.
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2017
People were great to work with. Always willing to help in time of need. Management provided several opportunities for advancement. Enjoyed my employment at APS.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Excessive commute
great work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2017
The work environment is great aps sure does know how to take care of their employees they fed us and had great benefits with the chance of advancement
Great Place to Work with many advancement Opportunities
Human Resources Service Associate I (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 28, 2017
Friendly and engaging work environment. Fast paced and requires attention to detail. Lots of employee engagement. Potential for growth and provides learning opportunities as well as tuition reimbursement. Benefits and Pay are great.
Providing utility services to the valley.
Home Builders Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2017
APS provides local residential and commercial electricity, primarily. They also have some solor services, water irrigation services and the like.
A very fun, but, important job.
Good Company and overall good people
Transmisson Operator-Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2017
I worked 24 years at APS and value the experience. I worked with some of the brightest people I have ever known. There are some very bright people with great ideas at APS and I made lifelong friends with many.