Arizona Public Service (APS) Employee Reviews in United States

Office Equipment Company
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2015
Worked directly for CEO & CFO of the company; Daily tasks in Administrative duties; Newspaper for company; small company, very easy going and manageable.
Pros
small company; good pay; great people
Cons
Benefits; 401K plan
Typical day at work
Routine Planner/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fruitland, NMNovember 9, 2015
Planning Team Meeting with Operation to Prioritizes routine work orders. Then, Planners develop a complete work packages with materials & supplies, manpower, budget and schedule. Department meeting to identify high maintenance equipment and develop project work orders with budget / timelines and show rate of return. The Planners interacts with Maintenance Department, Accounting, Engineering, Operation, Contractors and Supplier to ensure all project work can be schedule without impacting other units or causing load reduction. Workload is heavy and stressful due to under staffing caused by decommission of 3 units, we have to cover each other when someone is out of the office. Planner spent more than 40 hours at work without compensation due to being exempt employees. Management is marching to the Executive Management's drum beat to cut budgets and reduce manpower however, work must continue. Executive Management are marching to please the Environmentalist that are against Coal fired plants.
Pros
Contractors are starting to using their own Planners
Cons
Work / Life balance: Work out weighs Life.
APS great employer if you are planning this to be your last job before retirement
Senior Database Marketing (Current Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 16, 2015
APS is a utility, many senior level employees, with a lot of experience. The company is very supportive of educational opportunities and has a focus on developing younger employees with the emphasis on long term opportunities. Although this a power generating business, there is opportunity in finance, accounting, legal, supply chain, corporate communications. Management is a pendulum - some really good managers and some bad managers with few in between.
great environment
Warehouse lead (Former Employee) –  Buckeye,ArizonaAugust 18, 2015
Very nice place with super people. great hours great benefits and close to home.company has great record of employee training
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
work time not long enough
Productive and Energizong
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2015
Provided customers in the metro and rural areas with Electricity. Provide customers with the best plan to meet their home and family needs. Troubleshot meters and maintain maintenance of all poles, wires, etc. The environment was upbeat and production averaging a call volume of 500 call per Customer Service Rep during peak summer season.
Pros
location
Cons
Short breaks
7 month contractor
Instructional Designer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 26, 2015
As a contractor, I was not truly part of the company which was both good and bad. The employees should treat contractors with more respect, we are hired to do a temporary job not take their job.
Pros
Interesting topic which made creating training interesting.
Cons
Parking is expensive and the alternatives put a female in a safety risk.
Productive workplace nice people
(Contractor), Senior QA Systems Analyst Tester (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 18, 2015
I was a contractor, i was hired for a specific project. the project ended my contract ended. Overall i enjoyed the work,my co-workers were nice
Outstanding place to work great co-workers
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZ and PVNGSApril 28, 2015
Their was always an interesting project to work on. The workforce was full of great people. The Management would always listen to our concerns most of the time issues deal with in a good way, pay was very fair.
Pros
Great working envorment, outstanding co-workers
Cons
long hours on occacctions
Periodic Purges
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2015
Old-timers at APS/Pinnacle West had been through multiple downsizings or reorganizations throughout the years.

When the CEO is an accountant the company stock prospers, but system maintenance goes to suffers.

When an engineer runs the company, maintenance is adequate but the stock suffers.
Some great guys to work with
Crew Leader/ Foreman (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZApril 3, 2015
If you like working for management who care nothing for their customers and alot about themselves then you will like it here!! They also place people in positions that have no experience and expect the field people to train them. They show no interest in promoting from within with qualified people. If you are hard pressed for a job and can eat alot of c--p WECOME!!!!!
Pros
Hot weather in summer Cool in winter
Cons
Will let you work through lunch and not pay you for it.
Good company.
Water Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2015
I was an intern at APS for 3 consecutive summers. I liked the internship very much, but I believe the company, as a whole, has a some work to do in terms of their company culture.
Overall good place to work.
Sr. NERC Instructor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2015
APS is a good company to work for. They have the employees interest and well being, long with safety in the fore front of their concerns and priorities.
Great company to work for, many opportunities to network, and flexible
IT Technical Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2015
During a typical day at work, I answer many emails from employees throughout the company inquiring about software or issues they may be experiencing. I also work tickets assigned to my team that require purchasing software.

I interact with management as needed and co-workers daily. The hardest part of the job is problem solving. There are issues employees experience when trying to install software that require a lot of research such as reaching out to vendors, other IT groups within the company, and other resources that are available.
I enjoy interacting with other employees across the companies and learning what they do that requires a specific software. Any time I can help them, that's the best part of my day.
Average
Superintendent/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fruitland, NMFebruary 19, 2015
I was Superintendent/Project Manger for B&W (14yrs.) doing work at APS and numerous other generating stations using
Union craft workers - PF's BM's, Carp. etc.
Arizona Public Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2015
A temporary position but with a good company and great if you got hired on.
Productive and fun work place
Electric Distribution Operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2014
*Update on any faults, switching, Contact Tags, and field personnel
*Learning more about Exposure and Safety
*Management was willing to work with all trainees
*My co-workers were very willing to help
*Hardest part of the job was studying and working
*The most enjoyable part was Over time available
Pros
free dinners & rewards for working ot
Cons
little time off
electrical call center
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2014
my typical day at work involved sitting in a cubical with headset taking phone calls about customer bills, how electricity works, what plan works best for them, pricing, ways to save on their bill, taking in payments, scheduling service orders and reporting power outages. Management was great butt there didn't seem like there was much opportunity to move up a lot of workers were temp for the season. hardest art of job was dealing with angry customers yelling at you, most enjoyable part of job was speaking with customers and helping them set up credit agreements to finically help them.
Pros
contests
Cons
angry customers
APS Auto Parts provided solutions and products to the auto parts industry
Customer Support and Installation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 1, 2014
I worked with APS building their UI solutions and training the end users. I had the pleasure of communicating the solutions benefits and how the systems improved inventory control, and financial organization and tracking. APS was a fun place to work.
Keep Healthy Enviroment in school and make sure everything is wipe Correctly
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 17, 2014
Come in and wait until 2:40 start trashing my outside errors and then around 3:15 start finish the outside errors and vacuuming

HOW TO USE THE RIGH CHEMICALS WHAT TO USE FOR THE FLOORS AND BATHROOMS AND IN MY ERRORS
Interesting culture change in progress
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2014
Interesting mix of traditional company values and changing corporate culture.