ARIZONA SCIENCE CENTER Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Director of Youth Programs (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2015
The people who work at Arizona Science Center are amazing! The job could be stressful at times but fulfilling to serve the community!
Amazing!
Guest Sales and Service Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 19, 2014
The Arizona Science Center is AMAZING! They are flexible with your work schedule and management is wonderful. The pay is nice, and working with children tops off any day!
Fun work environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2014
- Managed CEO’s complex and frequently changing calendar, travel plans and coordinated pre planning for all trips
- Organized material and agendas for monthly board meetings, executive level meetings and staff meetings
- Created expense reports, budgets and filing systems
Great culture, not so great pay and job security
Manager Guest Experience (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: fun, educational
Cons: disorganized, low pay
This job is your dream job if you love science- however, it does not pay very well. Be sure to have an emergency fund ready because job security is nonexistent here.
Fantastic Place to Work
IT Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: amazing atmosphere with a group of incredible emoployees.
Cons: asc is a non-profit but i also need to take the next step in my career.
I enjoy my time working at the Arizona Science Center but soon learned that there is no growth potential and I am an ambitious person.

My typical days runs the full gamut from personalize deskside support to maintaining servers, networks, and generally every aspect of a full IT department. With that being said I am an IT army of one so I work long hours and do whatever it takes to ensure at the end of the day I walk away with a lot of "wins" in my pocket,
Productive and fun place to work!
Retail Store Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 1, 2014
Thousands of guests. Daily micro-meetings prior to opening so employees are prepared and ready for guests of all ages.

Love interacting with guests and families eager to learn about science and especially the children who are so excited to be here! Overall great people and great place to work.

I get really excited when a sell is accomplished and the customer leaves satisfied with their purchases!
Great Culture - High Accountability
N/A (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 26, 2013
A great group of people out to fulfill the mission of ASC. Focus on ROI.
The best place on earth - maybe the universe too
Executive Assistant to President & CEO (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2013
Pros: you never stop learning
Cons: i do not work there any longer so that is a con! :)
AZ Science Center is the place to be if you want to advance your career and work with some of the MOST amazing and talented people. My experience there left me with so much knowledge, passion, and dedication for what is bigger and better than ourselves. I worked for the most talented and driven women I have ever been blessed to meet, be her shadow, and now calls her family.
Well led orgainzaion with a great staff
employee (Current Employee), Phoenix ArizonaApril 12, 2013
a very stong organization with fantastic core values that focuses on the mission to inspire, educate and entertain people of all ages about science as well as the bottom line. ROI is required for everything - and here, ROI is not only about the money.
A place to be creative and always be learning
Gallery Interpreter (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2013
Pros: get into other museums free, creative atmosphere
Cons: quick changes in maangement, reorgs too often
There is always something new and change is a constant. Not always a positive but it is never dull.
A fun working environment dedicated to encouraging youth to pursue careers in science
Family Program Manager (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 3, 2012
A high-paced work environment focused on promoting science education in youth.
Cross Training
Membership Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2012
Pros: medical benefits and fundraising evets
I started working at the ASC when I was 16yrs old. My first position was in the Education Department. I was giving the privilege to work in in several departments including Guest Relations, Assistant to the CEO, Marketing, Membership and Development. My CEO was my mentor and her goal was to have me cross trained to help in any department possible. This way I could broaden my resume. My staff enjoyed to mentor me since I was the youngest employee. I had a close relationship with our Board of Trustees. Assisting in fundraising events was my favorite part! I was able to meet celebrities and work golf tournaments with our Corporate Partners.