Arizona State Credit Union

Arizona State Credit Union Employer Reviews

Arizona State Credit Union was a great place to work.
Back office mail teller and Quality control. (Former Employee), Phoenix ArizonaMay 22, 2014
Pros: the best thing was they really focused on making their employees happy.
Cons: honestly, i can't really complain about anything.
Most days I was left to work independently and I liked that they did not micro manage their employees. Management worked very hard to maintain unity and positivity. They strived to insure a good work environment for their employees and did a great job at it.

I leaned about how the baking industry had change electronically since I had last worked in – more... the industry.

One thing I remember the most was they were changing over their teller system and they put me an another girl in charge of the new check reading machine which was stressful at times, but eventually because of our hard work they implemented this new program and in return they rewarded myself and another girl with a certificate and a gift card because of our efforts.

Most of my co workers were great, although I did have an incident with a women in which I was being train by another girl but this other women kept trying to take over. I could not learn two different way of working at the same time and I went to my supervisor of course after the seasoned employee talked to this women twice. The point was for me, I needed to learn one way by one person. The out come of this was we had to have a meeting which I was fine because I needed to get my needs met to preform. Honestly, It was a power struggle between the two girls that were trying to teach me. The end result was I did get what I needed to succeed and those two girls needed to work out their indifferences.

The hardest part of the job was learning the new way of banking after many years, learning the programs and becoming fluent.

The most enjoyable part of the job was just being happy in my environment. Once I learned the job I was left to do my work independently with out much supervisor and I liked that they could trust me. – less
Simple Job
Teller (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2013
Very slow environment with no real room for advancement. Good job to sustain but not make anything out of yourself.
Nothing to say
employee (Former Employee), Prescott, AZDecember 3, 2012
I dont wish to comment there were good things and bad things just like any place you would work.
Lack of opportunities and day to day operations
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 8, 2012
Pros: optimal enviroment
Cons: opportunities, work force reduction
Provide personal administrative support to executives and support staff.
Awareness of office procedures and update what was needed to work in this office enviroment.
Hardest part was lack of day to day operations.
Would be a perfect place to work if some of management believed in ethics
Financial Service Representative II ( Banker) (Former Employee), Willow Creek Rd. Prescott, AZJune 26, 2012
Pros: getting pay out for sales, bonuses
Cons: bad management, benefits, health insurance
A typical day at work would be helping customers with account maintance, opening accounts, inputting loans in the early morning. Then my manager would come and make me go be a teller even though I was a banker and I had sale goals to meet as a banker.

Management didn't follow the code of ethics, they were "VERY UNPROFESSIONAL" and would talk about – more... other employees to other employees and spread gossip in the office. Not all employees were treated equal.
If there was a position open in the branch they wouldn't post it so everyone could apply, they would already have someone chosen for that position.

Most of my co-workers were great to work with, some of us were like a family.

The job wasn't hard , I loved being a fincancial service rep. II. Unfortunetly the hardest part of my job was being taking advantage of and being asked if I would like to transfer to a branch close to home and then being laid of because, they said they didn't need another FSRII at that branch. Very sneeky and wrong.

Most enjoyable part of my job was doing the job I was hired for, and not being a teller. also, the customers, so many of them were very nice. – less
Robbery
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZMay 29, 2012
Pros: alert, caring, responsible
Cons: robbed
When I worked for Arizona State CU, I was robbed twice. The first time was on the news and was an experience I thought I would never have to face again. The manager let us all call our families on his cell phone to let them know we were ok.

The second time I was robbed was at a different location and was scarier because I was actually the one being – more... robbed. Leadership was great and offered counseling and lunch.

When I would have a bad day, they would let me take a break. I couldn't of asked for a better set of leadership. – less
Excellent team environment
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZSeptember 29, 2011
Pros: m-f work schedule, associate appreciation day
Cons: meetings
I loved the atmosphere at Arizona State Credit Union! Associate Appreciation Day was always a plus.