Arizona State University

Arizona State University United States Employee Reviews

Great
Guidance Navigation and Control Researcher (Former Employee), TempeApril 18, 2015
Pros: All
Cons: N/A
Great Place to Work. I Learned a lot from this place. I would suggest all students go for this, great things happen here. Be a part of History.
New Experience
Teacher Assistant/Grader (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 14, 2015
• Planning Law.
• Planning Code and Ethics.
• Maintained relations with key Stakeholders.
• Experience in re-zoning.
• Effective with zoning ordinances.
• Business Communication.
• Public Participation.
• Federal and State Laws regarding Real-estate.
• Manage the resources and assets of the property, including staff, buildings, ad other assets
• Attract new customers and guests through active marketing, excellent customer service, and adding value to our guests/clients.
• Analyze, prepare and manage the operational budget of the business
• Maximize profitability
• Deal with City of Commerce
Computer-Aided Design Specialist, Sr (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 11, 2015
Pros: health insurance, paternity leave
Cons: moderate pay
ASU is a great place to work with many benefits. It is relatively low stress and the healthcare and paternity leave are excellent.
good for research
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 9, 2015
I am not a faculty member but just a graduate student works as RA. The payment is enough for me to maintain basic living. It is difficult to find a real job after graduation.
Productive and innovative
Graduate Student (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 9, 2015
Pros: Faculty, Facilites
Its a great place to learn, globalize, innovate and develop. The atmosphere is unbelievably awesome which surely helps you to get the best out of you.
A Full-Time Student
Student (Current Employee), OnlineApril 8, 2015
ASU was an amazing journey to obtain my BA in Organizational Leadership. Being able to work a full-time job and be a full-time student was only possible with multitasking
Highly supportive environment and lots of resources to grow your technical ability.
Master's student at Arizona State University. (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 3, 2015
Lots to learn and supportive environment to grow technically.The projects are in close requirements with the industry standards.
Good work place
Administrative Technology Support Assistant (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 2, 2015
Worked in different positions for more than 2 years. Liked the company's culture. Fun to work with. Less hassle and more fun
Great Professors!
Grader (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZMarch 29, 2015
I loved being a Grader for my Professor. It taught me so much and allowed me to grow in ways I never imagined! If anyone gets the chance to be a Grader, or TA, etc, for ASU, they need to jump on it for a chance to improve their future and self respect!
Great Learning Environment and Experience
Undergraduate Researcher (SOLUR) (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 28, 2015
Go to school in the morning, after class go and do research for 4 hours then go home. Schedule is relaxed and can do experiment on your own time.
Wonderful experience as a Community Mentor
Community Mentor (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 21, 2015
Pros: free room and board, free meal plan, easy to build relationships with residents
Cons: hard to deal with situations on duty sometimes
Working here has been a great experience. My co-workers are fantastic people and a great support system, and every day I have learned something new about the job or about myself and how far I have come professionally and personally. The hardest part of the job is learning about crisis management, especially with first-hand experiences that you go through while on duty rotations. But, it is worth it to get to form the kind of relationships I have formed.
Fun workplace environment
Teaching Assistant for Honors Faculty Fellow (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 20, 2015
As a Teaching Assistant, I assess and record students’ in-class performance, as well as augment their learning experience through offering assistance on out of class assignments. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see the impact of helping students in their academic endeavors.
Educational
Gallery Exhibition Course Exhibition Coordinator (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 19, 2015
This experience was more about teaching us the quality of working with museums, exhibits and galleries. The projects assigned to us really helped us to understand handling policies.
A student worker job while attending classes
Contracted Worker, Pat Tillman Veterans Center (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 18, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: minimum wage
The office I work in is in the Pat Tillman Veterans Center, located on campus in Tempe Arizona. The management is very supportive and flexible for scheduling work hours as class schedules shift each semester. It is a minimum wage job, but it is fulfilling to be helping other veterans reach their education goals.
fun and nice
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 17, 2015
I worked as research and teaching assistant in this university. The working environment and people are very nice.
Typiclal work include teaching general chemistry in labs, proctoring exams, or answering questions for students. For research assistant, I need to do experiments for different projects, analyze trace metals and their isotopes on big machines.
The co-workers are smart and friendly.
The hardest part of the job is to measure trace amount of chemicals and design new methods for measuring trace metals in real world samples such as Zn in carbonate or silicate rocks.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is very exciting to finish a new method of measuring trace metals.
Productive workplace
Graduate Student Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 14, 2015
Productive Workplace and fun working. Friendly management and good guidance. Nice project to work on and voice of the employers are given importance
Healthy work environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 13, 2015
I attend classes Monday through Friday. Then work at the Power Laboratory in the school. My project work included accommodation of solar PV generation into the grid and reschedule conventional generation. Then identify the critical (low damped) low frequency modes of oscillation and re-tune the power system stabilizers existing on these identified generator modes to improve the damping performance. Compiled the results into a Master's thesis.
TA work
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 10, 2015
The best part of work as a TA is giving back to other students. Inspiring creativity is a pure joy. Currently work as the machine shop TA. I have working knowledge of vacuum forming, various welding techniques, milling, CNC, and hand sculpting techniques.
Great graduate students
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 9, 2015
Pros: reconnect with the field of social work
Cons: temporary assignment
Awesome place to work. Great learning opportunities. Learned about leading class, preparing topics/information, and grading.
Supportive work environment, great students
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 9, 2015
I enjoy teaching at ASU very much. I am sorry about the budget cuts. The students are engaged and my supervisor is supportive. They have wonderful facilities for research and study.

1 2 3 4 5

About Arizona State University

Sun lovers and knowledge seekers can turn to Arizona State University (ASU) for a well-rounded college education. The research – Read more

Arizona State University Salaries