Arizona State University

Arizona State University Employee Reviews in United States

I was excited to work with monitors in the C.A.L.L Lab.
Teacher Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 22, 2016
- I graded the students assignments, papers, exams, and organized their portfolio in the folder.
- I observed monitors in the CALL lab and helping them with the students appointments.
- I learned from monitors how to be on time in the Lab, and how to evaluate and analysis the speech for students.
- I enjoyed spending time to share information with monitors and students in that time.
good place for research
Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 17, 2016
ASU has good facilities in materials research. The chemistry department is very good and profs are very helpful. Co-workers are very friendly and helpful.
Best Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2016
Managed the day to day logistics of the department of Workforce Development. Great group of supportive people who worked very hard to develop initiatives for the State of Arizona as a whole. I enjoyed putting forth 100% each day and enjoyed setting up for meetings which may have been labor intensive, but I enjoyed it so that mat it fun.
Pros
Working with mature and smart people.
Cons
There was not anything about the job that I had problems or concerns about - great place to work
Great Internship
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 12, 2016
I learned a lot of what I know about organic chemistry techniques from this internship. We worked in a organic chemistry wet lab and devised and fallowed a set of reactions to get an end product.
Great working environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 11, 2016
Many opportunities for individual growth while simultaneously earning your degree. Able to define your own work schedule in most instances.
Not such a fun place to work
RESEARCH SCIENTIST (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2016
Could be fun and do important work, but seemed more interested in maintaining contracts than moving the field forward. The most enjoyable part was the possibility of making a good contribution to the lives of beneficiaries.
great work environment and great people
Library Aide (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2016
At this job i am able to interact with other students, staff and faculty on an everyday basis, helping them with anything i could. Learning how to interact with people from different cultures that attend school here was a great experience.
interesting work, learning opportunities on the job and employee tuition discount encourage pursuing desired coursework
Principal Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 28, 2016
ASU provides an intellectually stimulating environment for its employees and provides opportunities for learning on the job. The employee tuition benefit is great for anyone interested in furthering their education, whether for job-related subjects or just personal interest. Co-workers were motivated and very capable and enjoyable to work with. One of the challenges was uncertainty in the projects which were funded externally.
Lots of potential but poorly managed and bizarre priorities
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 28, 2016
Given the location and resources available to this school, you would think it would have everything going for it. However, the President has an extreme focus on volume over quality, leading to little willingness to address cheating, grade inflation, and poorly prepared students. ASU graduate students are comparable to underclass undergraduates at most research-tier institutions. Like many universities, seems to generally prioritize athletics over nearly everything else.
Pros
Very nice campus; doesn't feel as crowded as it is; great faculty
Amazing resources
Senator, Undergraduate Student Government (Former Employee) –  Tempe, ArizonaJune 24, 2016
I have met many amazing people through the events at this school. However, I did not have a great experience with housing and financial aid.
Experience teaching adults and keeping current on topics.
Instructor Special Education Department (Former Employee) –  All campussesJune 23, 2016
Teaching various classes was a learning experience for me as well as my students. There was great technology at all campuses as well as support in technology. The ability to teach at different campuses was enjoyable and challenging. ASU is an exceptional university with excellent standards.
Pros
Learning Video conference instruction
Student worker position a great experience.
Web Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 18, 2016
I was a student worker, so managers we especially specific that school comes before work, hence a very good work/life balance, but meeting some co-workers, I can tell that the balance is also true for full-time employees as well. Student workers were put into a single room, so there was less interaction with other people most of the time, but we were free to go around and interact. Having other student workers in one area was nice as we would be able to help each other out, or relate our obstacles that we've come across. Overall, a great work experience.
Pros
Flexible times.
High Education
Student Full-time (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 12, 2016
Arizona State is is great school in pursuing a higher educational degree in the desired field of study. It is one of the best universities across the nation and have a great reputation.
Pros
Great Education
Cons
Interesting cancer research but limited analytics available
Sr. Business Intelligence Developer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 9, 2016
Most research projects have already selected 3rd party software so the opportunity to develop new and innovative solutions outside of funded research grants is limited.
Pros
Remote work is available
Cons
Limited exposure to projects that need help innovating
Productive and Educational
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaJune 9, 2016
This job is a very productive and efficient place to work. We have lab twice a week so we are always on top of our lessons to ensure that we provide students with the best possible education in Microbiology lab techniques.
Great place to work while I was a student
Draftsperson Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 8, 2016
I worked here while I was finishing my Bachelor's degree. I learned a lot about AutoCAD and was able to flex my schedule and work independently. I really enjoyed the job culture and was excited that I was able to be creative and learn more about Photoshop and AutoCAD's 3D capabilities.
Great Associates and Program
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 7, 2016
The way the classes are run and the organization of it is remarkable. I enjoyed every second of teaching freshman and being part of a team that is so innovative and creative/want nothing more than to reflect that on new students.
Student Worker Position
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 1, 2016
As a student, this is an okay job. I get to work when I want and Skype in for meetings weekly. My boss was great and helpful and my co-workers were as well. This job was challenging as we worked with individuals in other states and countries and most of the time, they did not know what they wanted. This left a lot of room for creativity and collaboration.
Pros
Very Flexible Schedule, Great Boss
Cons
Low pay for a person with a Master's
Fun and informative work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 1, 2016
Arizona State University is a wonderful place to work and I feel that I have learned a lot through my employment there. The management there were wonderful and I am grateful for the opportunity I had there.
productive workplace with pinp-pong tables and pool tables
Housing Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 30, 2016
I dealt with a large amount of unhappy people. most calls that came in were of someone complaining about a problem in their dorm. That alone helped me with patience. When dealing with unhappy people you have to take a step back and let them be unhappy. its your job to be unbiased towards peoples emotions.

4.3