Arizona State University Employee Reviews

No advancement, no management
Tech Support II, Microsoft Office Trainer (Former Employee), Glendale, AZAugust 17, 2015
No advancement questionable management, teh students are fine and the other Tech relations was great and a long life friend.
Student
Study Abroad Student (Former Employee), London, OHAugust 14, 2015
Pros: experiencing new and exciting places
Cons: lack of organization for day to day curriculum
My experience of ASU's study abroad programs allowed me to interact with students outside of classroom settings and participate in focused coursework. I believe this gave me adequate skills when completing tasks with others and cooperating with a team in order to generate positive results.
Productive and support
Member of Lambda Sigma Gamma Sorority (Current Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch, tranning, traditions, holiday pay
Cons: short breaks, no snaks
Typical day will be to first arrive on time, then to write a list of all the material/paper work that needs to be completed by the end of the day. I have learned that my style of working is to write everything down on my planner to help keep me on track and on time. Co-workers are your work family because they are here for support, resources, and guidance. The hardest part of a job is coming a cross a problem or a situation and not knowing how to approach it. For the most enjoyable part is getting things right or learning from your mistakes and building onto your knowledge and experience.
Really helped me pay for grad school.
Teaching Assistant-Part Time (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 12, 2015
It was interesting working with different professors and students. Work life balance took a back seat while I worked full time and was in grad school but I managed to get some fun in from time to time. For the work I was doing the pay was good. There is no advancement for a T.A. job.
A great experience
Student (Current Employee), GlendaleAugust 10, 2015
At ASU numerous skills are obtained in the unwavering dedication to self improvement through education. I am attending for a degree in Management so that I may grow in a company and move up through the ranks.
Great experience in my field.
Clarinet teaching assistant (Current Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 4, 2015
I teach private clarinet lessons to undergraduate students, in half hour increments. This is invaluable experience teaching college-level students. In addition, I get to work with fabulous peers and faculty, and see how university jobs sometimes work. Being a TA is the best job to have during graduate school.
Excellent Opportunity to Grow
Student Fitness Coordinator (Former Employee), Mesa, ArizonaJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great staff
Cons: Not enough hours
I have taken the project based learning style taught to me at the high school level as well as the college level and applied it successfully to my work in the classroom as well as at work. I have learned how to work successfully with a team and take on a leadership role to aid in the success of a team. I have experienced many forms of communication failure within team settings and have learned how to avoid many of these issues through successes and failures throughout college. Recently I have learned what working with a client looks like and how to ensure the success of a final product. This experience has taught me about communication and interpersonal skills not taught in a traditional school setting. This real world experience makes my experience above others theoretical experiences.
It's what every young man needs.
Student-Athlete (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 24, 2015
with great mentors and motivators it was great being a student athlete at Arizona State. I learned great things that I will carry for the rest of my life and will never forget.
Fun and Great teamwork
Lead Editor (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Teamwork
Cons: Low pay
I enjoyed my time here. My bosses were very nice and understanding. They just wanted us to succeed and offered opportunites for us to grow.
Great Place to work
Plumbing Engineer (Current Employee), tempe, azJuly 18, 2015
wonderful place to work & completed daily tasks with urgency.
enjoyed working on campus & with fellow employees.. happy to commute into work.
Professional and Interactive work environment
Facility Manager (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Work relationships, Experience
Cons: Limited
Working at Arizona State University brought about various situations that have helped progress my professional experience. Typical work days involved interactions with countless groups and organizations which solidified my customer experience and relations with coworkers. I learned various forms of leadership whether it came from leading my coworkers, leading activities or being a lead example for the company's work policy. The hardest part of the job as well as the most enjoyable part of the job coincided with each other. This would be the interaction with multiple groups within the the organization itself. The language barriers and different cultures that I interacted with were always difficult when first encountered yet the presentation of these varying aspects furthered my growth and experience as a professional.
Amazing Leadership
Academic Success Analyst (Current Employee), Glendale, AZJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Leadership, Benefits
I have had amazing mentors at this institution that have provided me with so many opportunities. I would not leave if I did not need to relocate.
Consistent Work Environment with
Night Desk Attendant (Current Employee), 922 Place (Apartment Complex)July 10, 2015
Pros: Consistent hours, pleasant work environment
Cons: Late hours
Come into work night shift, set up at the desk, write parking passes, take rent, file paperwork/ confidential documents
Good place to work and live
Project Lead (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 7, 2015
The Arizona State University locates in Tempe, AZ. It is a great place to live with more than 300 sun light. The campus is beautiful and the Phd project participated is met the expectations.
Good Job for a Student
Desalination Research Assistant (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule.
Cons: Out-dated equipment.
As a research assistant, your experience will depend greatly upon the professor you work for. That being said, I found my amount of trust and respect lent to me, a student, to be astounding. I was allowed to take initiative, make decision, and execute design implementations with very little micro-management from my directing professor. It was a great learning experience.
Helped the graduated students in their research
Graduate Student's Assistant (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 4, 2015
Everyday, I spent five hours in a week to help them in their researches. Most of their researches were about power tested on the cables. The typical voltage they used around 20 kV to 50 kV. I learned how to follow their instructions. Listened and took note from the experiments were also the best way of learning and researching. Management were hard because I had to manage a time between my study schedule and time for researches . The hardest part in this job was I had to listen carefully to the graduate students because they recently came from China. Their English and accent were hard to understand. I enjoyed the job because I could learned and experiment the power electric tools in the lab.
Great Learning Environment..
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 2, 2015
Research conductor lacked leadership abilities and had a hard time directing tasks at hand. Expected to fulfill last minute deadlines by giving at times 6 hours of notice for assignments. Made me work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Fun workplace where you can learn and research
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 1, 2015
I have learned about many things while i am in ASU about engineering and management of civil projects. The co-workers are Phd students who are fun to hang around with. The most enjoyable part of the job is you can research.
a great student job
Undergraduate Student Government (Former Employee), tempe,azJune 30, 2015
escorted students when needed
created excel spreadsheets to keep track of vans
worked late hours at times and learned great customer service skills
Productive and enjoyable reception work place
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJune 16, 2015
Pros: Right next to the cafeteria, able to do homework, got to meet new people
Cons: very busy and loud
I worked for student work study at the Palo Verde Main dormitory front desk. I assisted any students housing needs. In terms of maintenance, room keys and other miscellanious tasks. I learned how to effectively use Microsoft office and a software called people soft, which allowed all of front desk to communicate as well as with the admin. The hardest park of the job was keeping track of every students information and effectively checking them in and out of their dormitories. The most enjoyable thing about working at the front desk was learning about clerical tasks and getting to have more experience in costumer service.