Arizona State University Employee Reviews

The woman everyone loved to hate
PTS Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 19, 2017
As a parking specialist, I enjoyed working outside & interacting with students & university employees. My co-workers were great, hard working people.
Pros
Lots of sunshine
Cons
I was in an unpaid position.
Cadillo Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 16, 2017
ASU doesn't have short-term opportunities for non-ASU students really. The administrative things to get approved to work there were very disorganized; other than that I am not qualified to review much.
school
Student (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 13, 2017
Arizona State University is a great school to attend and is highly competitive. It has prepared me for a bright future and successful career path. I'd recommend ASU to anybody.
Unhealthy expectations and compensation
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 13, 2017
Good environment for learning, but not for a healthy work week or living. Easy to keep job once you're employed, but difficult to do job well without greatly exceeding allotted hours.
There is zero overtime pay, no raises/change of pay negotiable, and little advance notice of changes in schedule.
Pros
Work with students, many opportunities to skill build/learn
Cons
Bad management, overworked, poor work environment, lower than minimum living wage pay
Fast-Paced and great professors and human resources
Grader (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 11, 2017
Graded essays for various students, left feedback and grade.
I learned how to manage time appropriately and how to assure that I had time to leave enough feedback so that students learned and understood graded essays.
As an online position, it was necessary to make sure time was used wisely.
The most difficult aspect of grading essays was grading many essays at once due to grading policies.
I enjoyed hearing from the professor that the students enjoyed the feedback left.
Pros
Put time-management into daily action. Felt satisfied when completed for the week.
Cons
Lack of benefits such as 401K, health care and paid time-off.
ok place to work
General Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 7, 2017
Very busy place to work. New tricks of different trades. Management was amazing. Culture was good. Dealing with people that were not so pleasant. Helping people
Rewarding, productive, and challenging.
Director of Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 5, 2017
Always room to grow, with challenges, and the creativity to think outside the box, on the cutting edge of innovation, leadership is valued, and the culture is balanced.
Pros
room to be creative
informative
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 4, 2017
i was working about 9 h per day. workplace culture was very nice and my manager was very honest person. the hardest part of my job was that it was not completely in match with my skills. however i could learn many new things
Great University
Fulltime Student (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJune 2, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my undergrad education at ASU/this campus! Everything you need is within walking distance and Mill is right next-door. My professors at the W. P. Carey School of Business both challenged me and fostered my growth.
An ok place to work
Teaching Associate Spanish Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 1, 2017
Compensation is very little and insurance is not great. I do enjoy the people I work with, so that is a major plus. The campus is clean and well kept. I love working with college students.

Want to know more about Arizona State University?

Ask a question
Basic Student Employment
Bike Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 27, 2017
Most of the jobs are the same thing over and over so you know what to expect for the most part. Management is usually all pretty good and you are working with students as well. They really make sure being a student comes first and then the job.
Great people, with access to technology and cultural diversity.
Network, Security and Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 26, 2017
Working for ASU provided me with a wide variety and access to technologies and information to develop excellent skills. The benefits are excellent. The exposure to the campus culture as well as the workplace culture provide a variety of growth opportunities in diversity.
Student worker
student worker (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 24, 2017
Must be enrolled at ASU to be eligible to for these positions. Easy work, mostly repetitive, great boss, professional environment. Must be prepared to act professionally and take responsibility for your work. No messing around. Worth it to work as a student worker.
Fun place with fun people
Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 23, 2017
ASU is great for any student or person who wants a fun working environment. The campuses are beautiful and the people who work there are for the most part open minded and peaceful. People strive for excellence and are happy doing so.
Flexible Work Day
Salesforce Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 19, 2017
In my department you have the option to work from home. Fast paced development cycle. Weekend work isn't required. You receive several discounts from local businesses.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Salary
independent thinking and considerate of class schedule
Researcher Aid and Presenter- Border (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 16, 2017
Assigned projects were very relevant to desired knowledge acquisition. Fun environment with no micromanagement. Direct involvement with professors. I learned plenty about wastewater regulations, sample and training.
Productiive
Bookstore Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 16, 2017
Working at the bookstore where I deal with more online orders was great and fast-paced. Time go by fast and if you are looking to workout while at your job, this is the one for you because you will do a lot of walking.
Pros
school book discount
Cons
a lot of walking
Great co-workers and leaders
Recycling Materials Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 14, 2017
Both bosses I had during my two years as a recycling materials assistant for ASU Facilities Management were amazing leaders and role models. I looked forward to coming into work and they never made you feel guilty for taking time off for school purposes. I was a full-time student working part-time 10-20 hours/week
Pros
Flexible schedule, decent pay as a student job
Cons
None that I can think of. If you don't like a little bit of manual labor then this isn't for you
Great work atmosphere
Facility Assistant and Event Tech Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 10, 2017
Great people
Wonderful and accommodating staff
A little unorganized
Hires anyone
No experience needed
Juggles school with work very well
Scheduling is very accommodating, even on short notice.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Unorganized
Student Worker
University Technology Office - Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 2, 2017
Typical day of work is taking phone calls for dispatch to classroom support, supporting the computer labs and working in the call center to troubleshoot issues before sending out one of the student techs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arizona State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3