Arizona State University

Arizona State University Employer Reviews

Professional university
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), phoenix, azJanuary 17, 2015
One of the great places to have your higher education. In the biggest city of Arizona
Fun, student job with great opportunities.
Senator of the School of Letters & Sciences (Former Employee), Tempe, ArizonaJanuary 13, 2015
Working with the Undergraduate Student Government at Arizona State University was one of the best opportunities a student can have. Not only did I learn top notch organizational skills and have a large fiscal responsibility while working with the appropriations committee, but I made many connections and was able to use my personable, outgoing personality to provide a comfortable bridge between students and the university. I would have my office hours, where I would wait and help out students in the school I was a senator for. With my co-workers, almost every senator was a friend. We were a team and would work together to vote in the bills that would lead to positive growth in the university.
Excellent University
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 11, 2015
Very Diverse University, Alot of research funding for students.
Higher Educational settings often require advanced knowledge and w/o direction and not much update training. education and no direction.
Executive Assistant to University Senate President (Former Employee), Tempe, AZDecember 30, 2014
Pros: educational benefits, healthcare providers, retirement benefits.
Cons: lack of advancement. hapazard. based on influence.
Self directed.
I learned from every person I worked with on a daily basis.
Management of the office was controlled by one person.
Co-workers other than manager none.
The hardest part of the job was getting along with manager.
The most enjoyable part all the senators, the committee chairs, the grievance work and the panels that did the grievances.
Best engineering school for me!
Graduate Research Associate (Former Employee), Tempe, AZDecember 19, 2014
I learn a lot of things here. I am inspired to do research. I develop independent thinking skill, problem-solving capability, leadership and independent thinking skill. ASU fulton engineering school provides a good environment for an engineer-to-be grow.
Great department in a large state university
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tempe, AZDecember 18, 2014
Twenty-five years ago, when I worked as a grad student at this university until graduation, it was a great department to work in with visionary leadership. The college was restructured three times since then and two years ago the School of Health Administration and Policy closed completely.
Very productive and helpful
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Tempe AZNovember 22, 2014
Very productive and helpful. Have to draft a lot of exercises to teach 'Principles of Distributed Software Systems' and 'Object Oriented Software Development'. Also have to grade for more than eighty students on their assignments. I must also help students in setting up Raspberry Pi and write code in Java, Python, etc.
Reasearch Oriented Job
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), TempeNovember 14, 2014
Nice experience. I learnt a lot of new technologies and got to work with PhDs and Professors
Graduate Service Assistant (Current Employee), Tempe, AZNovember 13, 2014
Pros: free
Cons: hot weather
Pretty diverse environment with abundant research resources. Very energetic and passionate for research progress as well as enthusiastic students
Great career
Technology Support Analyst, Principal (Former Employee), Tempe, AZNovember 1, 2014
Pros: good work / life balance
Cons: politics
Spent 30 years here supporting mainly PCs.
I grew with the job, a lot self taught and some formal training.
Some managers had a clue but many had their own agenda and the pendulum would swing back and forth but never achieve a good balance. the work stayed the same advancing with the technology.
Graduate Student Assistant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 25, 2014
I like my opportunity to engage the community. The opportunity was granted via scholarship. I like the placement that I have.
I am a student
Paralegal Studies (Current Employee), onlineOctober 21, 2014
Pros: you learn a lot
Cons: everything is copacted
I take ASU online and it is demanding. It is an accelerated course so it keeps you on your toes
ASU is great
Community Director (Current Employee), Mesa, AZOctober 21, 2014
I love working for ASU. I oversee family housing on the Polytechnic campus. Most everyone at ASU has an extreme passion for what they do, it is very fun to work in an environment where everyone is excited about their work.
Digital Library Clerk (Former Employee), Tempe,AZOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: not enough hours and low pay.
Enjoyed working here.Was left alone to do my work which I liked very much. The hours were flexible as long as I got my work done.
Productive and fun environment
Undergraduate Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee), Tempe, AZOctober 12, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: time
assisting with lecture and lab set up
mentoring and advising students
Great work/life balance
Director of Marketing (Current Employee), Tempe, AZOctober 10, 2014
Entrepreneurial, visionary for a university in which its employees are able to make a positive impact
Office Specialist, Sr. (ASU) (Former Employee), Tempe, ArizonaOctober 9, 2014
I loved coming to work here. I loved my students and co-workers. Every day was something different. I worked with different professors and faculty across the University also.
Graduate Intern for Lockheed Martin
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 8, 2014
Very Productive place, in terms of Throughput and Knowledge for me to gain
Fast paced school environment.
Office Specialist, Sr (Former Employee), Tempe, ArizonaSeptember 29, 2014
Typical day in maintaining and supervision of Freshman tutors for front desk work.
Learned how to handle various college students with questions, attitudes, personality and their needs.
Management throughout campus are very supportive with educational questions.
Hard part of job is recruitment of new students throughout Arizona schools with much travel.
Enjoyed every part of the job and learning experience was great!
Every thing is on a set schedule to conform with the students and professors schedules.
Custodial Lead (Former Employee), Tempe, AZSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: the people i.e. staff, employees and management were great
Cons: trying to meet schedules in sync with classes
Started the day at sign in and was given the daily information to complete the day. Working with education you learn about the temperaments of frustrated professors and students. I learned working for education can be very rewarding. Employees/supervisors I worked with was great people and supportive of each other. The hardest part of the job was trying to work with out disturbing classes. The most enjoyable part of the job was you were making a difference in these students lives by making it a pleasurable experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About Arizona State University

Sun lovers and knowledge seekers can turn to Arizona State University (ASU) for a well-rounded college education. The research – Read more

Arizona State University Photos