Arizona State University Employee Reviews

Summary
System Support Specialist (IT) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 4, 2016
Typical day spent resolving customer requests for technical support, mostly in person. I learned how to resolve a wide variety of customer issues: server or internet connectivity OS & application issues, maintaining and repairing PC workstation hardware, laptops, and working with Dell Pro Support for parts and service. Some days are slow, making the day seem long. I enjoyed working fairly autonomously, self-prioritizing my work.
Pros
Good benefits, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Pay slightly below industry average, internal opportunities limited
Not all functions receive adequate support.
Executive Director, Risk and Emergency Management (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 28, 2016
long hours, micro-management, co-workers work hard to achieve results, and correcting mismanagement decisions difficult at best.
Woriking at ASU
Grader (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 27, 2016
I was working is a good experience . Very good work culture . Good salary.Good friends .Good technology.Good people.Good culture.
Good co-workers.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
short breaks
College
Student (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 26, 2016
Has been an amazing workplace to cultivate innovative ideas and meet with cross cultural people. Have been involved in interacting with various people from different professional fields.
Higher Education
Executive Director, Office of Equity and Inclusion (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 22, 2016
Loved working with the students, faculty and staff. Had to relocate back to California so I am no longer in Arizona. ASU values their students
Great teaching environment
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 12, 2016
Nice atmosphere, great teachers and students. Good classroom setting. The town of Tempe is a wonderful place to visit, eat, and study.
Love asu
Campus Professor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 11, 2016
A great place to stay on top of the game in educaiton! We take the time to become familiar with all that the educaiton field faces so we can master the world today and tomorrow.
Productive workplace with amazing people around
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 3, 2016
As a Graduate Research Assistant, I was given a new project on Breast Cancer to lead and complete. As I was part of a new lab, I helped set up the lab and was given the responsibility of placing orders for all the consumables in the lab.

I learnt skills like mammalian cell culture, photolithography techniques, immunoassays, and microscopy as part of the project. I also, acquired problem solving skills during the project completion and leadership qualities since I had to train and mentor undergraduate students on lab procedures. I learnt how to handle multiple responsiblities at a time, being a research assistant as well as a full time student at the same time. Enhanced communication skills while dealing with students and professors. I was helped immensely by my amazing lab mates and my wonderful mentor without whom I would not have been able to complete the innovative project.
Pros
Good mentor, obtained technical skills as well as people skills
Fun work place with tennis courts
TEAM MANAGER ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 31, 2015
I would string tennis rackets, blow the courts, record the tennis matches, and then edit the videos. The tennis coach was very friendly and made the job easy. The hardest part of the job was that I sometimes I would have to string 10 or more rackets in a short period of time. Over all the job was simple.
Great benefits
Assistant Research Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 10, 2015
Arizona State offers great benefits to its employees. The culture is also pretty innovative and overall fantastic. Individual experiences may vary as it is very dependent on the department and individual office.
Excellent Student Atmosphere
Building Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 5, 2015
Working at the Sun Devil Fitness Complex was a rewarding experience where I picked up practical skills and met some fantastic people. A typical day involves checking patrons and monitoring the facility at all times. At any moment, we have to be prepared for a medical emergency that happens on the job. The permanent full-time staff are awesome to work with and are very flexible and understanding of your needs. The hardest part of the job was to constantly find ways to keep busy during less busy hours of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job were the team building experiences setting up for events.
Pros
Great staff, great coworkers, practical skills learned
Cons
Low pay, slow workpace, no benefits for part time work
Work hard culture
Field Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 23, 2015
India's one of big MNC in Engineering. Great projects and Great team. Historical projects in their bag. A very well organized team for the city of Banglore on BMRCL project.
Pros
Projects, Scale
Cons
Work Balance
Grad Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 12, 2015
Its fun. Earn money while you learn. Its a student position, so can't really compare with a full time job.
Overall its great working here.
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 11, 2015
It's a good place to work. The pay is a little below average but the benefits are amazing and the people there are also fantastic. Would definitely recommend it.
Arizona State University Review
office assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 11, 2015
Very relaxed environment. Review how military benefits are handled and processed within the university. Answer phone or walk in questions regarding veteran benefits and campus resources.
Pros
clock in and out around my classes, if I need time off to study or do group work it is OK.
Cons
Low pay
Good to work.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 4, 2015
It is an oncampus job. Along with my studies, I get to work on certain business modules.

Getting to know many new Microsoft technology tools.
Pros
Flexible timings.
Ta
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 23, 2015
I enjoyed working as a Teacher's assistant for anatomy and physiology, and recommend it to anyone going into pre-med.

You have the freedom to select hours before the year begins which is nice
Productive work place with Foosball and table tennis
Teaching Assistantship (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 17, 2015
Nice work place with people of different age groups with different kinds and level of experience. Generally every developer is supposed to work on some development task along with defect resolution support. As the integrated testing of prior code is done by testing team, defects come up and need to be resolved at the same time.
Following meetings need to be attended:
- Presenting the design before starting with the actual code to group of people present in different countries.
- Testing scenarios meeting conducted by Testers
- Status update meeting
- Requirement clarification meeting with clients and Business Analysts

The best part was to resolve defects because each defect was unique and lets you learn a lot about the framework used. Finding the bud which is causing the defect seems like a detective looking for a criminal.
Pros
Free meals
Good place to work in general
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 16, 2015
Flexible work time. I can allocate when to work and when to have the rest by myself. It is also fine for me to work from home.
Molding young minds into a focused world view
Server Administrator, TSA Senior (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 16, 2015
Really enjoyed working there. Lots of great people, and energy abounds on campus. Work/Life balance is real, not just talk. Too bad Arizona has been cutting funding for their universities lately, as this is affecting pay and raises, also how much schools are offering new employees, and it has caused cuts in staffing. Benefits are still strong, so far.
Pros
Great healthcare options, green initiatives, nearly-free tuition for you and your family, lots of holidays, paid vacation, separate sick days, lots of great people work there.
Cons
Parking costs a quite a bit, and may be far from your work location, pay and raises are not overwhelming, but it's hard to find many serious negatives compared to the positives.

4.3