Arizona State University Employee Reviews

Great Benefits, but that's about all!
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 20, 2017
Don't expect a raise. Get all you can get when your hired. After that they are pretty small and infrequent. Environment can be nice depending on the area you work in.
Far from the best
ASU Alumni Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 16, 2017
I wouldn't work here if given the opportunity. They don't respect their employees and hire anyone which means, some employees and managers are hard to work with. I only worked to get my paycheck. Definitely a bad experience.
Pros
pick your hours
Cons
the management is terrible
A great way to make money as a student while gaining research experience.
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 15, 2017
Since I was a research assistant, for the spring and summer I also took on the paid position of teaching assistant, mostly by building and running the online course curriculum which I had helped design in my research studies.
Employed for 25 years as tenured Professor. First faculty member in my College to have been pregnant and had a child.
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 10, 2017
Contributed a great deal to my University, the State and the country through my employment. The position required hard work and diligent efforts working with a variety of people in various disciplines and cultures.Did my best in providing servant leadership. Worked with faculty, staff and students.
Great learning environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 10, 2017
ASU served as a great learning experience with a great environment and supportive professors. Fast paced environment with a ton of opportunities for growth.
Pros
Upward mobility/other opportunities
Productive workplace
Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 10, 2017
The workplace was in close in proximity to a ping pong table which also doubled up as a pool table, the food court and a gaming spot on campus. One of the busiest places on campus and there is never a dull moment at at work
I am a research fellow that helps a grad student perform her own study tasks.
Independent Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 9, 2017
I have overall enjoyed my experience working at ASU, and it will help provide a great reference for future career advancements. My PI has provided great mentorship and is building my confidence in working in a lab setting.
Fun place very good
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 8, 2017
A typical day at work was enjoyable working with people with great attitudes, I learned how to do my job and do it well along with the enjoyment of helping people and the discipline that what I am use to in the military.
Pros
Great Place
Cons
Hot Area Great Place
A very good experience overall
Graduate Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 8, 2017
The experience was really a learning curve. I was working at Tempe Campus and it was a great environment and team to work with. The atmosphere was congenial and the coworkers were collaborative and quite friendly.
Fun place to work
Graduate Research Assistant/Research Aide & Grader (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 7, 2017
ASU is really a good place for people to work. If you get a role as a graduate research assistant, the most stressful things will come from your supervisor.
Requirement
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 5, 2017
This is a requirement for posting a resume on this website, and as such I do not feel it is necessary nor appropriate to publicly state my personal views on this company.
It's a laid back environment
Student Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 3, 2017
A very laid back environment. There is room for advancement. Lots of professional development workshops available. Tuition benefits, but most master programs are available only during the day.
Pros
Lot of free food
Cons
You have to pay for parking which close to 1 K a year
Team environment and developing a strong network
Student Activities and Conference Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2017
A typical day would consist of planning events for ASU West events, setting them up, and tearing them down. Returning reports to immediate supervisor and coordinating with my supervisor to create a plan for the next event.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Slow communication among supervisors, cliquey
Great workplace with great people.
Human Physiology and Anatomy Lab ATA (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 24, 2017
The faculty at ASU are some of the best people I know. They are kind, helpful, and really care about the students who attend the school. ASU is a great place to work and a great place to go for school.
Productive and fast pace
Parking and Transit Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 23, 2017
Work with divers population of staff/ faculty and student to accomplish academic goals and assist the community by providing events and innovative ideas.
Pros
divers, inclusive, fun.
Cons
nothing bad.
The woman everyone loved to hate
PTS Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 19, 2017
As a parking specialist, I enjoyed working outside & interacting with students & university employees. My co-workers were great, hard working people.
Pros
Lots of sunshine
Cons
I was in an unpaid position.
Cadillo Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 16, 2017
ASU doesn't have short-term opportunities for non-ASU students really. The administrative things to get approved to work there were very disorganized; other than that I am not qualified to review much.
school
Student (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 13, 2017
Arizona State University is a great school to attend and is highly competitive. It has prepared me for a bright future and successful career path. I'd recommend ASU to anybody.
Unhealthy expectations and compensation
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 13, 2017
Good environment for learning, but not for a healthy work week or living. Easy to keep job once you're employed, but difficult to do job well without greatly exceeding allotted hours.
There is zero overtime pay, no raises/change of pay negotiable, and little advance notice of changes in schedule.
Pros
Work with students, many opportunities to skill build/learn
Cons
Bad management, overworked, poor work environment, lower than minimum living wage pay
Fast-Paced and great professors and human resources
Grader (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 11, 2017
Graded essays for various students, left feedback and grade.
I learned how to manage time appropriately and how to assure that I had time to leave enough feedback so that students learned and understood graded essays.
As an online position, it was necessary to make sure time was used wisely.
The most difficult aspect of grading essays was grading many essays at once due to grading policies.
I enjoyed hearing from the professor that the students enjoyed the feedback left.
Pros
Put time-management into daily action. Felt satisfied when completed for the week.
Cons
Lack of benefits such as 401K, health care and paid time-off.