Arizona Western College Employee Reviews

Awc
English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 10, 2017
Has a great bunch of instructors with which to work. The college is small and mostly informal. Students are friendly and generally hardworking.

The hardest part of the job is moving from building to building in 100+ degree heat.
Productive and Fun
Office asssistant (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 9, 2017
It is a place where students come and do their study sessions and homework. I learned how to file new records. The workplace is friendly. I enjoy working in the Honors center because my co- workers are friendly.
Pros
Happy place
Cons
Can be stressful since ou deal with scholarships.
No Comment
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 17, 2017
While working at this school, it was very hard to work with some of the employees there. the school as a whole was great, however some of the people that work there were not very easy to work with
Fun working place, learned a lot
Assistant Secretary (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZNovember 23, 2016
Created Excel files and inputted data for faculty and staff. Answered telephone, greeted customers and completed special projects. Organized and filed paperwork. It was a work-study job and it allowed me to gain experience and I had fun while doing it. It was a great place to work.
great experiance
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 29, 2016
I helped students with reading I helped the with using a magnifier for those who cant see very well. I also helped them use a program called dragon speak for those students that needed help with writing
ITN (Former Employee) –  Parker, AZAugust 15, 2016
The hardest time at work was when our technology went down. It was only a part time job with the oppunitiy to go to college at the same time. My co workers were very nice.
This is a college not a work place.
Student (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJune 4, 2016
ARIZONA WESTERN COLLEGE is a wonderful place to obtain an education. The Professors are genuine and always try to be attentive to students needs.
excellent professors
Double Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJune 22, 2015
I learned a lot here. My professors went above and beyond their pay grade out of pure passion for teaching and true belief in the students true potential. I will strive to not let them down.
Very nice place to work
Interactive Television Network (ITN) Technician (Former Employee) –  Quartzsite, AZMay 14, 2015
The supervisors here all help out and are very kind to employees as well as students. The job was a blast and I would gladly return there.
A great place to set goals
Full time student (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 21, 2015
Classes back to back.
Core curriculum.
AWC staff are 100% supportive.
Those willing to learn, are great companions.
Decided which club to grow with.
The results for exams.
Lab assistant in the Massage Therapy Program
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 27, 2015
Assisted with lectures, labs and prepared lessons. Helped with school events in the program. Graded papers and managed the online homework system.
Pros
Free field trips out of town, working with adults, flexible hours
Enjoyable job for me, I enjoyed helping students with homework
Advanced Teachers Aide (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 6, 2015
I learned a lot about programming from this job, no pay but the satisfaction of helping others was great.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
No pay
Work study program
Associate in Education (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 25, 2014
This job was at the San Luis Court, and my job was to input traffic tickets in the computer system, this lasted almost 3 months (summer vacation)
Learning even when you don't want to
English/ESL Tutor (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 7, 2014
When I tutored for Arizona Western College, it was a joy and the most enjoyable and memorable job I have had to date. I loved the students I worked with, I loved my boss, and I greatly enjoyed the opportunities I had to sit in with classrooms and ITN classes.

Unfortunately, it was still work-study related, so there was no room for advancing unless you were hired as an actual employee of the school rather than just a tutoring associate. Also, because it was work-study, the pay could be as little as $6.00 (at the time I worked).

Even so, I got to practice my communication skills, my empathy, and my ability to assess the people and environment around me. Honestly, if it wasn't so expensive to survive, I would absolutely return to doing that job.
Pros
Constant communication and feedback
Cons
No advancement, no benefits, less than minimum wage
Leadership & Fun
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 7, 2014
I learned to take leadership and be fun with students. This experience taught me a lot about myself.
Tutoring
English Tutor (Current Employee) –  San Luis, AZJuly 3, 2014
I am a writing tutor at AWC, in this place one gets to know a lot of people from many places. What I like about being a tutor is that you have to work with people who are looking to be more successful academically speaking.
Residential Life Programing Assistant
Residential Life Programing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJune 24, 2014
• Facilitate daily operations of the Campus Life Office including but not limited to processing student IDs, answering phones, responding to program inquiries and directing students appropriately.
• Modify and schedule appointments, logistics for programs and preparing the necessary paperwork and requests, etc.
• Manage multiple calendars, track, calculate and maintain databases as well as assist with resident hall summer camps.
• Update the Residential Life website, Blackboard, Outlook, Datatel, contacts, brochures, bulletin boards and assist with the making of flyers and posters while keeping all publications current.
Community Service Worker (Summer Volunteer)
Community Service Worker (Summer Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Yuma, ArizonaJune 5, 2014
I learned new skills in order to obtain a job. We would go to schools and clean them and some days we would also visit elderly people's houses and clean them as well. The rewarding part was watching how these people were pleased with our performance and their happiness.
Needs better comunication
Professor (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 26, 2014
Good organization but needs better communications and new employee training.
Pros
Teacher freedoms.
Cons
size
workplace
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 8, 2014
Working at the college is very fun, the coworkers are nice and hardworking. The workers strive for more than what is expected of us. Great teamwork and work environment.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Could not sit down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arizona Western College. Our community is ready to answer.

Arizona Western College Reviews by Location