Arizona Western College

Arizona Western College Employer Reviews

Tutoring
English Tutor (Current Employee), San Luis, AZJuly 3, 2014
I am a writing tutor at AWC, in this place one gets to know a lot of people from many places. What I like about being a tutor is that you have to work with people who are looking to be more successful academically speaking.
Residential Life Programing Assistant
Residential Life Programing Assistant (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJune 24, 2014
• Facilitate daily operations of the Campus Life Office including but not limited to processing student IDs, answering phones, responding to program inquiries and directing students appropriately.
• Modify and schedule appointments, logistics for programs and preparing the necessary paperwork and requests, etc.
• Manage multiple calendars, track, calculate – more... and maintain databases as well as assist with resident hall summer camps.
• Update the Residential Life website, Blackboard, Outlook, Datatel, contacts, brochures, bulletin boards and assist with the making of flyers and posters while keeping all publications current. – less
Community Service Worker (Summer Volunteer)
Community Service Worker (Summer Volunteer) (Former Employee), Yuma, ArizonaJune 5, 2014
I learned new skills in order to obtain a job. We would go to schools and clean them and some days we would also visit elderly people's houses and clean them as well. The rewarding part was watching how these people were pleased with our performance and their happiness.
Needs better comunication
Professor (Current Employee), Yuma, AZApril 26, 2014
Pros: teacher freedoms.
Cons: size
Good organization but needs better communications and new employee training.
workplace
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Yuma, AZApril 8, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: could not sit down
Working at the college is very fun, the coworkers are nice and hardworking. The workers strive for more than what is expected of us. Great teamwork and work environment.
Great School
Student (Former Employee), Yuma, AZMarch 28, 2014
Pros: all good
Cons: hard corse work
Will be going back to taking online classes soon. School is very user friendly. Online classes are wonderful and well put together. Campus is state of the arch and beautiful.
Very well and organized place to work
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Yuma, AZFebruary 13, 2014
The job was great although didn't get much hours enjoyed working with the people there. The overall was just great.
Worked in the Registration & Financial Aid Departments
Financial Aid Specialist (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJanuary 8, 2014
Working for Arizona Western College was very fulfilling. Assisting students with their educational experiences was fun and gratifying to see them accomplishments and transferring to universities or acquiring jobs.
Productive and fun workplace
Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee), Yuma, AZNovember 10, 2013
Pros: great environment, employee benefits, paid vacations
Arizona Western College is a great place to work at everyday is fun and different not your typical routine job. I've learned a lot about computer management and system administration. Also including how to utilize, customize, and install technology devices like SMART-Boards, Extron switches, Kramer VGA splitter, audio systems, video conferencing systems – more... like TANDBERG units. I've definitely increased my communication and listening skills dealing with the conference and events customers and also by supporting and solving the technology problems that the faculty and staff of the college encounter day to day. Management is very flexible and supportive. I'm very glad that I work with an awesome team of technicians from which I've learned a lot. My co-workers are very professional, friendly, and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the new technology advances, accumulation of work orders, and dealing with disorganized projects. The most enjoyable part of the job is that every day is different and that I have the support of my supervisor and co-workers. – less
fun place
Cashier (Former Employee), Yuma, AZSeptember 11, 2013
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
non profit agency
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee), Yuma, AZSeptember 5, 2013
Greeted and directed clients upon arrival.
Answered and directed incoming calls.
Scheduled appointments for clients.
Interviewed clients for eligibility.
Updated and maintained client information into the computer system.
Filed client applications by name and social security number.
Tracked expenses for La Paz, Mohave and Yuma Counties.
Reviewed and – more... corrected applications for completeness and accuracy in order for clients to receive assistance. – less
GReat School
Certified Math Tutor (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJune 28, 2013
Excellent coworkers, great education obtained in there. Attended until 2011
Not a good place to work or live
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJune 25, 2013
Not a good place to work or live. Did not enjoy my time there as the college was pretty much out of control
Tranquil but yet fun
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJune 12, 2013
Pros: was not stressful, tasks were not demanding
Cons: no breaks nor lunches
What I liked most about this job was that it was not stressful. As I would sit there in the booth I was in charge of making sure visitors checked in and wrote their name down in a log book. It may seem tedious but it was exactly the opposite. Students would stop by and chat for awhile making it a lot less tedious.
Awful place to work and go to school
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Yuma, AZApril 29, 2013
Pros: it's in prescott, az
Cons: everything
Too many negatives to even type. This whole place is a joke and they do not treat their employees with respect.
Flexible and enjoyable environment
Student worker (Former Employee), Yuma, AZFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: flexible, worked around my school schedule
Cons: i loved it all
I was on the computer typing out agendas most of the time. I also helped with school funcions and helped take Identification pictures. I would also look up any information my boss asked me to such as ideas that other universities had for events. I enjoyed this entire experience.
A Day In The Life
Agriculture Lab Aid ( Work-Study) (Current Employee), Yuma, AZMay 10, 2012
Pros: i love the job, there's always something to do
Cons: just the heat in arizona
A typical day at work consists of constantly checking what's going out in the field. If the crop needs to be watered so be it. If there's pesky weeds disturbing the growth of crops I gotta take them out. If there's little to do outside I can always clean the shack. Management is great my supervisor is always there when I need to ask him anything or – more... shows me how to do certain tasks I have not done before. My co-workers are also great we work as a team if we all have something to do we finish as fast as we can in order to help the one who's struggling the most. Hardest part of the job is just the heat. Arizona I tell you by May heat starts to go up and it's really exhausting working in the hot sun. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I actually learn something new everyday such as why certain crops grow up the way they do. Why they didn't grow as expected and what not. – less