Note: for the position you can be located anywhere on the West Coast.
The Regional Sales Director is a sales manager with operational responsibility for managing a regional sales in the execution of strategic and marketing plans. The responsibility will cover sales for the DVT, DIA and ICHC business areas. The ARJOHUNTLEIGH, Inc. (AHI) division is the largest division and, strategically the most important group for The Extended Care Division, a member of The Getinge Group (www.getinge.com), a $3.1B+ global medical device company.
The Regional Sales Director will be actively engaged in developing sales strategies, working closely with Account Executives and Corporate Account Directors to drive value added services that meet the needs of our customer base and potential customers. This person will have the leadership skills and experience that will help AHI continue to advance its market position in the USA. The incumbent will be a member of the ARJOHUNTLEIGH North America [AHNA] Sales Management Team and report directly to the National Director of Sales-DVT.
The individual will have a history of leading organizations through change and should not be deterred by a fast-paced, demanding environment. Experience in change management as well as sales management is required. The position requires a high level of multi-functional expertise, excellent management skills, and the ability to influence all levels in the organization that would include Sales, Service, and Marketing.
- Attainment of Regional business plan and sales revenue goals.
- Formulate Regional Budget and achieve budget attainment
- Revenue Goals
- Expense Goals
- Profitability Goals
- Business plan implementation as measured by the following:
- Product Mix
- Account Conversions
- National/Regional Account Development
- Account Penetration
- Service Revenue
- Targeted New Accounts
- Regional Receivables
- Develop regional staff to enhance performance, productivity, and employee satisfaction.
- Effective use of training, coaching, counseling, facilitating and delegating to establish the direction and environment for the professional development of staff.
- Provide clear performance expectations, constructive feedback and take appropriate action in managing Regional staff including but not limited to:
- Performance Evaluations
- Performance Standards and Objectives
- Performance Improvement Plan Management
- Compensation Plans
- Plan, develop, direct, evaluate and communicate results of Regional sales and marketing strategies.
- Responsible for development and implementation of a Regional Strategic Business Plan to include but not limited to:
- National Accounts
- Non-user Accounts
- Infrequent User Accounts
- Competitive Accounts
- Develop Regional referral sources through implementation of sales and marketing strategies to include but not limited to:
- National Accounts
- Regional Accounts
- Developing, maintaining and improving relationships with key existing and potential customers
- Manage staffing levels to anticipate needs created by business expansion, market conditions, and staffing changes.
- Utilize strategic account targeting framework to assess staffing needs and support business objectives.
- Interview and evaluate candidates using Targeted Selection process. Select the best qualified candidate in a timely manner.
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining and enhancing effective teamwork relationships with staff and other internal customers.
- Coordinate teamwork efforts with staff, colleagues and all corporate departments.
- Administrative procedures and management of company assets.
- Effectively implement administrative procedures, company policies, and maintain company assets.
- Maintain all Regional Company assets according the company guidelines (e.g., Company Car), and timely and accurate completion of Company reports, plans and procedures, to include but not limited to:
- Business Plans
- Expense Reports
- Company asset tracking
- Demonstrate professional development and growth.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Qualified candidates MUST possess 4+ years medical sales management experience in a high $ territory.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject area or an equivalent amount of education, training, and experience.
- Successful completion of a formal sales training program required.
- Knowledge of using computer and related software including, CRM Database programs (ACT preferred), and
Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to work a fast-paced, budget-oriented, high volume sales environment.
- Ability to obtain customer “buy-in” as well as negotiate high-dollar contracts.
- Executive-level verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly advanced organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Ability to consistently and frequently generate new sales leads as well as maintain excellent customer
relationships in the current market portfolio.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and drive for long
periods of time. (Valid driver’s license is required.)
- The employee must have use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and
arms; speak and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to travel by car or airplane when required.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 100 lbs due to the need to transport equipment in van or trailer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Indeed - 21 months ago