ArjoHuntleigh

ArjoHuntleigh Employee Reviews

“BLEW THE WHISTLE FOR POOR MANAGEMENT DECISION THAT COMPROMISED PATIENT CARE AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED.............. ”
service tech (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaDecember 7, 2014
I worked at ArjoHuntleigh full-time (more than 10 years)
working at Huntleigh was great before Arjo took over.
Huntleigh was very patient and safety oriented! alot of on going good training and a team that really looked out for their employees and and it was a great atmosphere!! decent work / life balance back then too!!!! all good until Arjo took over then it all changed.

Arjo management steps in and purchases Huntleigh and then rearranges how things get done, They changed procedures and began taking shortcuts in my territory.This left the ability to provide 100% clean, ready, tested and patient ready product impossible. Too many calls to properly address the issue.

I stepped up after 4+ weeks of this and reported it to senior management

( after numerous attempts to resolve it with my immediate supervisor)

it helped, I did the right thing I lost my job due to supervisor retaliation, but Arjo upper management did make changes . At least the patients got what what they should have gotten all along,

Too bad at my expense by loosing my job.But I would not change a thing!!! THE PATIENTS COME FIRST...........

My advice to Arjo is to be fair and get the mentality that the PATIENTS SAFETY is most important!! stop the shortcuts and be fair to those that report bad management and deal with it correctly! Terminating ANY GOOD employee for reporting safety and OSHA violations by bad management should not be tolerated!!
Pros
was great before arjo stepped in
Cons
arjo management had no clue how to run the rental side of the business
Company doesnt seem to value its employees/no accountability
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Clive, IAFebruary 18, 2015
Worked very hard for this company for my 2 years I was there. Was scheduled to have surgery on 02/27, had been planning this for a few months and was asked by my manager to push the surgery date as late as I could because we were short-handed at our center. Then they told us on January 31st that they were closing out service center and our last day was 02/27. THEN had the audacity two weeks later to call all of us and ask us to stay on for another month while they fulfilled their contract(to avoid a lawsuit obviously), but wouldnt allow me to stay on and gave me nothing for disability for my surgery, even though they asked me to delay it. Upper management is horrible, sales team was never there, in the last 8 months I have seen a manager or sales member 2 times. 3 of us kept that service center going, and we got screwed in return. Many people lost their jobs while I was there only to be replaced by cheaper, less competent people and tons of micro-management.
Pros
good people to work with, good pay and great benefits.
Cons
management does not care about employees, company doesnt know what direction it is going
Very Rewarding
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 12, 2014
I am very happy with my work position, but this company bought out previous company and has lost a lot of business. Typical Day consists of starting with cleaning equipment, then checking bed for no malfunctions. After A couple of hours you get your assignments and load your truck and head to facility. Upon arrival you contact Nurse and get ready for patient placement. After Deliveries you do any pickups and go to next facility. After all work is done you go back to office and unload your truck. I would say the only hard part of the job is weather conditions while driving. I enjoy this job because it gives you a great feeling of self worth knowing that your making a difference in peoples comfort and health.
Pros
helping people
Cons
stability of company
Nice Place to work
Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 13, 2014
Managed daily operations for a major 3rd-party supplier that provided automotive parts and components for vehicles produced at the General Motors Vehicle Assembly Plant. Managed shipping/receiving, production, quality assurance, inventory control, budget, project management, union issues, and accountability. Monitored, tracked, and supervised sequencing and assembly of components to ensure timely delivery to the GM plant within a 1-4 hour timeframe. Coordinated daily sequencing and assembly with GM Department Managers to ensure consistent delivery of superior service and product quality that exceeded their standards. Continually reviewed production facilities onsite at GM to enhance productivity.
Pros
na
Cons
na
great benefits & compensation, very dedicated employees, & personally rewarding
Regional Manager Technical Service (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Very good company with high standards and great products and services.

A typical work day can be unpredictable and challenging yet very rewarding based on the fact that the company is in the "healing" business.

Management has a good vision and plan for the future. Communication, however, can be a deadly pitfall if not addressed in the very near future. The lack of communication is, by far, the most disappointing/frustrating part of the job.

The best part of the job is knowing that team members are actually making an impactful difference in peoples lives on a daily basis.
Pros
people are healed because of our efforts
Cons
communication is horrific
A medical company that needs medical assistance
Rental Technician / repair technician (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJApril 13, 2014
When working for huntleigh healthcare co it was a company where everyone was on a first name bases. This company was small but was going places. The upper management cared about their employees and also work with you, After they were sold and we join forces with Arjo things were not the same. As one manager said, Arjo ruined Huntleigh, they let all the huntleigh managers go. When Arjohuntleigh and TSS merged the management did not care about the workers from Arjohuntleigh. It seemed that the supervisor/manager was so worried about losing his job that he was not doing his job.
Pros
a job
Cons
management does not care, not in the real world, don't think out side the box
Family Centered, Relaxed and Enjoyable
Document Control / Labeling Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 19, 2014
ArjoHuntleigh is one of the most enjoyable companies that I've ever had the pleasure to work for. Everyone is very professional and hardworking with the main goal of creating a safe and quality product for the healthcare industry. Upper management is approachable, fair and generous. ArjoHuntleigh as a company has a strong commitment to family and is always encouraging personnel to create a balance between work and home life.
Pros
relaxed work atmosphere, close to home, professional co-worker, teamwork centered, variety in work responsibilities, half days on friday
Cons
contract employee, no benefits
A Day at ArjoHuntleigh
Electronic Technician II / Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 26, 2013
My daily duties were productive for myself and enabled my co-workers to complete their task. This was a team efford. I learned how to work under guidelines using ISO and Engineering specs. The hardest part was when parts where unavailble. This minor occurance was easliy fixed once we could get an ETA for the part and communicate with the service center. I always enjoyed when the company would have lucheons and everyone could refresh thoughts that are rewarding to the company. Co-works where like a family away from home.
Pros
leaning was at your fingertips
Cons
the company slowly going away
Fast paced, empowering medical device environment
Central Region Sr. Service/Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILSeptember 4, 2014
The day would consist of contacting customers, equipment sales, prioritize the tasks, coordinating with team members, scheduling repairs, ordering replacement parts, constructing quotes for repairs and or preventive maintenance programs, controlling inventory, controlling expense cost and scheduling future PM's.
Communicate the revenue expectations to senior leadership.
Pros
expected to treat the territory as your own business.
Cons
replacement parts are not properly trended causing back order issues, upset customers.
ArjoHuntleigh
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 23, 2015
I have recently worked for ArjoHuntleigh where, I loved working within the Organization and enjoyed working as Territory Manager. I covered the territories from Long Beach, Orange County, and Inland Empire to San Diego, CA. During this position, I worked with Clinical Nurse Specialist, Nursing Educators and WOCN’s within the assigned accounts. I also have provided product in-services, product support and training to the nursing staff. I also have participated in Prevalence & Incidence rounds within the assigned account
Pros
Great Company to work for
Overall, good company to work for.
Senior Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2013
I truly enjoyed my time at Arjohuntleigh. I left the company due to unrealistic revenue expectations. My budget requirements were increased over 150% during my time, and due to the downturn in the Long Term Care market, Nursing Homes, those revenue requirements were impossible to attain. Corporate management was not open to discussion about revenue requirements. Regional Service Director was open to discussion and was an excellant manager to work for.
Pros
high potential earning.
Cons
too many sales and revenue targets to hit
Okay Customer Service job for entry level individual.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILDecember 22, 2014
Okay Customer Service job for entry level individual. Not much to offer in terms of job advancement. Typical day includes to responding to customer inquiries, verifying pricing, entering new Purchase Orders and providing inventory and freight quotes.
Resolves product and service issues by determining cause, selecting and implementing solutions, and following up to ensure customer satisfaction. Most enjoyable part of the job is when my work shift ends.
Pros
n/a
Cons
not much run for growth
Have my own schedule
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXDecember 31, 2012
This company is easy to work for since I have my own time schedule based on the customer needs for service. The company does have expectations that can be overwhelming at times. Have monthly budgets to make, along with contract and sales requirements.
Have an outstanding repoar with my customers and that is the best part of the job.
Pros
my time to do the work
Cons
to much micro-management
Above average benefits. Pleasant co-workers. Very stressful work assignment.
CSR (Former Employee) –  AddisonNovember 19, 2013
Very demanding job. High volume call center with many customer issues. Had a short window to process orders as you were timed on each order.

No long term employees in CSR most likely due to the high stress level.
Pros
benefits above average.
Cons
to much micro manangement. demands were set to high to always achieve.
Mickey Mouse operation
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  USAApril 5, 2014
ArjoHunleigh TSS is like working for a bankrupt narcissistic mom & pop company running a business out of a garage. Clueless uper management that covers up its incompetence with lies and holding commissions for months. You can't make up the circus of events that follow managements blunders and stupidity.
Pros
company car
Cons
too many to list
Company in transition
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILMay 3, 2015
Good work environment, nice perks, many employees can work from home. Flexible work schedule. Company downsizing by going to a shared service model. Management focuses on short term savings and not long term results.
Pros
Free coffee, excellent lunchroom area, able to work from home. Clean positive environment.
Cons
Poor internal communications.
High stress. Mistrust and fear based management style.
Warehouse employee (Former Employee) –  Roselle, ILAugust 4, 2015
Stressful.

No advancement opportunities.

Managers do not trust employees.

No cooperation between co-workers.

Never know how many times in a day management will reassign you to a different job and what the expectations will be.

Hard to find any enjoyable part of the job.
Poorly managed organization on the decline
Director of Corporate Accounts and Diligent (Current Employee) –  MD, DE, NJ, PA, VA, DC WV, NC, TNMay 3, 2013
Poorly managed organization on the decline. Constantly shifting goals make it impossible to execute objectives as the goals of senior leadership are focused on self preservation
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
horrible organizational culture
Demanding work goals
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILNovember 23, 2014
I work with no supervision in 3 states, handling customer needs in a timely manner for service and repair of Arjohuntleigh company equipment.
Pros
quarter commission oif goals are met
Cons
work as needed until completion
Great learning environment
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VirginiaMay 26, 2015
My day was spent delivering and servicing therapeutic beds and equipment at local hospitals and nursing homes. I learned how to work in the fast-paced medical industry and how to ensure strict quality control.