Arkansas Blue Cross & Blue Shield

Arkansas Blue Cross & Blue Shield Employee Reviews in United States

I loved working with as many people that I did and learned al lot.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 2, 2016
Would have a 5-10 min meeting before we got on the phones and started taking calls from providers and customers, Would work on follow up and return phone calls from other insurance companies, providers who ever else that might call.
Pros
The feeling I got when I knew I helped a person who really needed it.
Cons
Having to end my time with them
It's all about serving members
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  N Little Rock, AROctober 22, 2015
I enjoy helping others and this company allows me to do so. I'm searching for an opportunity to work more independently as an analyst or researcher.
Outstanding Company to be employed by...
Purchasing Forms Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 3, 2015
Good to work in BCBS and have good work culture. Work environment is good and learning wise it is very good place. Coworkers are very helpful in resolving the questions and helping.
Providing case management services for large self-insured US employer.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2015
Established managed health care company. Competitive salary and benefits. Based in Little Rock, AR. Work alongside experienced and compassionate registered nurses providing comprehensive case management services. A chance to enhance your skills as a case manager and utilize your nursing experience.
Answered this question- worked with patients and hospitals
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 12, 2015
I worked with patients, families, nurses, acute facilites, long-term, and rehabs and nursing homes. Made sure transfers were successful, that no one got lost in the system, and that the appropriate case manager was able to help them with the transfers and costs.
Pros
helping people who were ill and couldn't help themselves
Cons
emotionally draining, but helping people was worth it
Very forward thinking company, kept internal and external customers in their focus
Group Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 23, 2015
Large volume of calls and emails regarding multiple issue in handling of health insurance policies. Maintained all hippa requirements. High quality of customer service very important.
Customer Service Trainer/Curriculum and Course Dev (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 19, 2015
Good company to work for in regards to benefits but advancement opportunities are less than favorable. Advancement is most times contingent on who you know and not what you know. An employee's character, work ethic, and ability to perform is not a matter of first hand observation but rather judge on hearsay creating an disproportionate fair opportunity for advancement.
benefits
Cons
advancement practices
Excellent company to work for
Claims Processor and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 7, 2015
I started as an entry level customer service employee with excellent training. I transferred to claims so I could understand the procedures of claims processing.

As a claims processor, I worked from reports until the company started using a system that assigned claims to each processor. I was trained to work a claim from start to finish including ordering and reviewing medical records when necessary.

I received excellent quarterly and annual reviews so I was able to telecommute once the company updated systems to make that possible.

I was a team lead for two years and interacted with management on a daily basis. During that time I was able to assist my co-workers and my supervisor daily also.

I enjoyed my years at Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield but I wanted to move to Florida
Pros
excellent training and opportunities.
Cons
computer systems were not always reliable.
Reactionary management and chaotic policy changes
BANA line of business (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 31, 2014
If you would like to subsist on a diet largely composed of Rolaids, this is the place for you! Change the motto from "Live Fearless" to "Work Fearful."
Pros
stable company
Cons
knee jerking and hand wringing abounds
Productive, and a great learning experience
BANA Rep (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 16, 2014
Verifying Insurance, It was an alright job, typical call center, it just was not for me.
Current Position
Managed Care Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 10, 2014
I have worked for Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield for 20 years and enjoy health insurance industry. Customer service is first priority and should be at any position. Ready to make a change and would love the opportunity to work as a Flight Attendent.
Keep your head down and just work
Utilization Review (UR) Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 26, 2013
There isn't much more of a stable job in Little Rock than ABCBS. That's about the most positive thing that can be said. Their culture is built on fear of losing a good job and so most new employees lose that "sparkle in their eye" pretty quickly. If you don't mind having the threat of your job being pulled out from under you at a moments notice just because you suddenly don't fit managements idea of a "good" employee then this is the place you want to be.
Pros
stable job
Cons
fear
i enjoyed the time spent with Blue |Cross. i could have retired there
Customer Service/Reopen Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 19, 2013
typical day-I come in clock in, get coffee or coke get logged in and get busy/ I learned that when people call you and are fussing, cursing and yelling they are mad at you they are mad at the situation/ I enjoyed the people I worked with for the most part. there are some that I opted to not associate with/ the hardest part of the job is when I don't have an immediate answer to a question sometimes the research takes a day or so./the benefits and bonus checks every year.
Productive and well organized company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 6, 2013
This is a very stable company. They support career development.
Pros
educational opportunities
Cons
the pay could be a little better.
No Comment
Medicare Reopening Specialist (Part A / B (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 25, 2013
No Comment

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great Benefits, fun place to work. Truly enjoyed working for the company!
Reopening Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 4, 2012
Great Benefits, fun place to work. Truly enjoyed working for the company!
working with the customers
Customer Service and Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 25, 2012
I would spend all day answer phones helping doctor's and patients with there bills, selling medipak to senior's
Pros
the customers
Cons
lack of management personally

4.3