Arkansas Children's Hospital

Arkansas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

people made the work place
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 20, 2016
I liked the people I worked with. I worked a lot of forced over time and a lot of call. Its not ideal for people with a family. The people made my time there enjoyable. They usually changed shifts in a days notice.
Pros
good health care and benefits
Cons
long hours, forced overtime, not a good work/life balance
A wonderful day at Ark Children's ER
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 20, 2016
A typical day at work starts at 7:00 am. I would make sure all necessary papers are stocked. Making sure all printer in the department full. Making there is enough office supplies for the nurses, Doctors, respiratory and myself for the day. Maintaining a clean work area. I love the idea of a great team that pulls together as one. I would literally learn something everyday because there is always something that needed to taught. The most enjoyable part of my job was too see the patients feeling better and the parents having a huge smile on their faces as they are leaving, and knowing that everyone had pulled together to make that even possible. The hardest part of the job is when the parents had to leave without their child.
Pros
Care, Love and hope
Cons
Chain of command is never implemented
management bullies employees
R.N. clinic (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 23, 2016
ACH is a great hospital because of the employees. The employees are great in spite of the bullying by management. I have seen nurses with 15,20,30or more years of experience be fired, or forced to resign because of the bullying by management that is tolerated and encouraged, Department mgrs. are usually puppets, and have forgotten that employees are people. I am just waiting for retirement. It has gotten worse since Mr Bates left.and going downhill rapidly.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no work/home balance, bullying is rampant.
Resourceful atmoshpere and effective services available for the success of children and families in the surrounding areas
Child Life Internship (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72211May 26, 2016
Arkansas Children's Hospital was a phenomenal hospital that provided superb services and care for their patients and families. As a child life intern, I witnessed the effectiveness of the child life and education services, trained volunteers, made assessments, completed case studies, and encouraged age and developmentally appropriate play for the patients I served. These experiences furthered my ability to manage my time and prioritize my cases. I easily engaged in conversation and collaborated with my co-workers. We made a great team. The most challenging part of my job was not being able to serve every single patient and family that could benefit from child life services. The most enjoyable parts of my job were being the reason for a patient or family members smile and being able to make a difference in the lives of various people.
Pros
Child Life Month, Spirit week, various free lunches/snacks, diverse co-workers
Cons
older facility, beepers instead of a phone
Fair pratices
Inventory Assistant-OR Rec., (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 28, 2016
Growth and a diverse management team. What did I learn is that is hard to be considered for rehire. The most enjoyable part of my job was my immediate supervisor who is open minded and allow her staff to grow and input ideas.
Pros
breaks
Cons
healthcare
EXTREMELY fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 8, 2015
Very fun and enjoyable place to work. Great benefits and great pay with room for advancement. The new CEO is AWESOME......I enjoyed my 5 years of service....
really good job
Home-Based Educator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 7, 2016
everyday is an experience when dealing with families and their children.management was great with this company.my co- workers were all very good people.the hardest part was recruiting families for the program. the most enjoyable part of the job had to be working with the children.it gives me joy to see them having fun and learning.
This is a great place to work
Security Officer-2 (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 3, 2015
I would start my day out patrolling the inside or outside of the hospital campus, respond to all codes, fill out accident, and incident reports, secure and unsecure doors, pickup bank deposits, and drop in the hospital safe. I learned CPR, CPI, FEMA training, and went through hospitals training program. My supervisors were understanding, professional, and great to work for. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers, I always knew they had my back whatever situation we had to go into. The hardest part of the job was working in the Emergency Department confiscating weapons, and contraband
that people were trying to get into the hospital. The satisfaction of helping people, that people felt safe when I was working.
Pros
Benefits, and salary.
Cons
none.
Best job ive had so far
PCT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 2, 2016
Needs some work with the higher up management, Other than that best employer I've had. Incentive ancillary pay for PCTs now, just wish we could also do the core plus and commitment bonus contracts like the licensed nursing staff.
Pros
Overtime opportunities
Cons
Some poor management in certain areas of hospital
Great job
Cardiac Intensive Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 7, 2016
Great job with great hours. Loved the students. Hardest part of job was the contract was for a short term. IT was a great job for someone just starting out.
Pros
good hours
Cons
short contracts
The kids
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARJuly 22, 2016
My patients though they maybe little kids to babies it really kept everything interesting it made me realize how many kids really need help and it really brought out the side that really wants to help others.
Nice place to work
Nutritional Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Little RockOctober 7, 2015
The management is the only downfall of the place..short staffed. But overall the work is easy, coworkers are nice and the environment is okay. Bonuses are good, pay rate is pretty good
Pros
good benefits, nice pay, nice co workers
A place that provides care, love and hope for sick children
Hospital Architect (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 13, 2016
For the all years that worked at ACH I was impressed the most by the staff to give the best care to children with all kinds of illness.
Wonderful place for children with any type of medical issues.
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 24, 2015
Super medical staff. Leading Children's Hospital. However, working in the medical billing and collections department is all about the numbers. Very demanding, long hours and very little time off. A good team effort. Very supportive working staff.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
most time off request are denied due to deadlines
n/a
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 23, 2016
check the grills cooler for product then check the menu for what is for grill that day and make daily specials and any orders for special patient
ACH is a great company, HOWEVER BEWARE!!
Previous Executive Employee (Former Employee) –  Food ServiceFebruary 5, 2013
ACH is a great company to work for, but the food service side is horrible to work for! It is contracted out by Aramark, and the employees are managed by Aramark even though you are considered a hospital employee. The only advice I can give from experience, is that I wouldn't work there again if was the last job on Earth!! They have been through at least 10 salaried managers within a year and a half!! I hear the Director is leaving, which will be a plus, but the Director taking her place is just as bad. Oh! If that doesn't scare you, the other Director (she has another name which I can't write) that works upstairs from the food service area, and is employeed by ACH is HORRIBLE!!! ACH was the worst job of my professional career! EVER!!!!!!
Pros
great benefits
Cons
horrible management....
Great atmosphere
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 17, 2015
A typical day at work for me is always fast paste in addition to organizing and making schedules and assigning specific areas for members of my team to cover. Over the years i have learned that all personalities are different, there are ways to address these different personalities. There is a process in everything that is done as well as in decision making, and dealing or controlling things and enforcing specific behavior standards according to the organisations.The hardest part of my job is simply dealing with reps. the most enjoyable is meeting new people.
Pros
Working together as a team
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72202May 3, 2016
I enjoyed working here as a graduate assistant. My boss was flexible with my school schedule, which was a plus. Great work environment.
Productive and fun place to work.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 23, 2016
A typical day at work for me consisted of opening boxes of new inventory. Counting and assessing inventory for damage. Pricing and packing for shipment to the gift shop and stocking extra's on shelves. Receiving inventory into the computer.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Neonatal Intensive Care RN II (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 15, 2015
2-4 12 hours night shifts per week.
Taking care of sick and premature infants of varying acuity and illnesses.
I enjoy spending time with families and teaching them about everything that is going on with their infant and how they can participate in their baby's care while they are in the hospital.
Great coworkers, lots of support from fellow staff with great teamwork.
Toughest part of working in the NICU is the high stress environment.
Pros
schedule flexibility; night shift pay; coworkers
Cons
Long hours, night shift, short staffed

4.2