Arkansas Children's Hospital

Arkansas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

people made the work place
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 20, 2016
I liked the people I worked with. I worked a lot of forced over time and a lot of call. Its not ideal for people with a family. The people made my time there enjoyable. They usually changed shifts in a days notice.
Pros
good health care and benefits
Cons
long hours, forced overtime, not a good work/life balance
This is a great place to work
Security Officer-2 (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 3, 2015
I would start my day out patrolling the inside or outside of the hospital campus, respond to all codes, fill out accident, and incident reports, secure and unsecure doors, pickup bank deposits, and drop in the hospital safe. I learned CPR, CPI, FEMA training, and went through hospitals training program. My supervisors were understanding, professional, and great to work for. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers, I always knew they had my back whatever situation we had to go into. The hardest part of the job was working in the Emergency Department confiscating weapons, and contraband
that people were trying to get into the hospital. The satisfaction of helping people, that people felt safe when I was working.
Pros
Benefits, and salary.
Cons
none.
Nice place to work
Nutritional Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Little RockOctober 7, 2015
The management is the only downfall of the place..short staffed. But overall the work is easy, coworkers are nice and the environment is okay. Bonuses are good, pay rate is pretty good
Pros
good benefits, nice pay, nice co workers
Wonderful place for children with any type of medical issues.
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 24, 2015
Super medical staff. Leading Children's Hospital. However, working in the medical billing and collections department is all about the numbers. Very demanding, long hours and very little time off. A good team effort. Very supportive working staff.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
most time off request are denied due to deadlines
EXTREMELY fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 8, 2015
Very fun and enjoyable place to work. Great benefits and great pay with room for advancement. The new CEO is AWESOME......I enjoyed my 5 years of service....
Overalll good place to work
Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 12, 2015
Good place to work. I have enjoyed the 15 years that I have been there. Good benefits and have made many friends. ACH offers many great services for the children of AR and everywhere.
Resourceful atmoshpere and effective services available for the success of children and families in the surrounding areas
Child Life Internship (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72211May 26, 2016
Arkansas Children's Hospital was a phenomenal hospital that provided superb services and care for their patients and families. As a child life intern, I witnessed the effectiveness of the child life and education services, trained volunteers, made assessments, completed case studies, and encouraged age and developmentally appropriate play for the patients I served. These experiences furthered my ability to manage my time and prioritize my cases. I easily engaged in conversation and collaborated with my co-workers. We made a great team. The most challenging part of my job was not being able to serve every single patient and family that could benefit from child life services. The most enjoyable parts of my job were being the reason for a patient or family members smile and being able to make a difference in the lives of various people.
Pros
Child Life Month, Spirit week, various free lunches/snacks, diverse co-workers
Cons
older facility, beepers instead of a phone
A very busy and flexible work place.
Child care worker (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 22, 2015
A place where you can make a difference in the lives of so many children. If you want to work overtime it is definitely possible.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
career advancement opportunities are slim
really good job
Home-Based Educator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 7, 2016
everyday is an experience when dealing with families and their children.management was great with this company.my co- workers were all very good people.the hardest part was recruiting families for the program. the most enjoyable part of the job had to be working with the children.it gives me joy to see them having fun and learning.
Great Place to Work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 31, 2015
I am so blessed to be a part of the ACH team. I have worked in the PACU since June 2007. I have learned and grown in so many ways since I first began. I started off with no hospital or medical experience but I was given the opportunity to join the ACH team.I got hired on as a Patient Care Tech in the PACU. Some of my first duties were to learn the routine and flow of the patients, and learn how to properly assist the nurses and patients. I will never forget how many screaming and crying kids I seen that day! I really didn’t understand why they were screaming and crying like they were but, it didn’t take long for me to get comfortable and knowledgeable in my position and understand why.It’s been eight years since I started at ACH. Many employees have come and gone since I started in 2007, but I can honestly say I have learned something from each and every one of them. I am very thankful.
Pros
Great benefits, co-workers, being able to work with children, able to work as unit secretary
Cons
Long drive from my home in Hope, AR.
It can be a fun work place at times.
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 7, 2015
A typical day at work would be busy. I learned to do all I can in my 8 hour shift and work well with others. Management is ok and my co-workers are good to work with. The hardest part of my job would be getting pulled to a different department while I still have work to do in my own department. The most enjoyable part would be making the best of my day as positive as possible while facing difficulties.
Pros
I like the benefits.
Cons
to many unexpected changes without notice.
Best job ive had so far
PCT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 2, 2016
Needs some work with the higher up management, Other than that best employer I've had. Incentive ancillary pay for PCTs now, just wish we could also do the core plus and commitment bonus contracts like the licensed nursing staff.
Pros
Overtime opportunities
Cons
Some poor management in certain areas of hospital
Fair pratices
Inventory Assistant-OR Rec., (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 28, 2016
Growth and a diverse management team. What did I learn is that is hard to be considered for rehire. The most enjoyable part of my job was my immediate supervisor who is open minded and allow her staff to grow and input ideas.
Pros
breaks
Cons
healthcare
Great atmosphere
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 17, 2015
A typical day at work for me is always fast paste in addition to organizing and making schedules and assigning specific areas for members of my team to cover. Over the years i have learned that all personalities are different, there are ways to address these different personalities. There is a process in everything that is done as well as in decision making, and dealing or controlling things and enforcing specific behavior standards according to the organisations.The hardest part of my job is simply dealing with reps. the most enjoyable is meeting new people.
Pros
Working together as a team
The kids
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARJuly 22, 2016
My patients though they maybe little kids to babies it really kept everything interesting it made me realize how many kids really need help and it really brought out the side that really wants to help others.
A place that provides care, love and hope for sick children
Hospital Architect (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 13, 2016
For the all years that worked at ACH I was impressed the most by the staff to give the best care to children with all kinds of illness.
Productive and fun place to work.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 23, 2016
A typical day at work for me consisted of opening boxes of new inventory. Counting and assessing inventory for damage. Pricing and packing for shipment to the gift shop and stocking extra's on shelves. Receiving inventory into the computer.
ACH is a great company, HOWEVER BEWARE!!
Previous Executive Employee (Former Employee) –  Food ServiceFebruary 5, 2013
ACH is a great company to work for, but the food service side is horrible to work for! It is contracted out by Aramark, and the employees are managed by Aramark even though you are considered a hospital employee. The only advice I can give from experience, is that I wouldn't work there again if was the last job on Earth!! They have been through at least 10 salaried managers within a year and a half!! I hear the Director is leaving, which will be a plus, but the Director taking her place is just as bad. Oh! If that doesn't scare you, the other Director (she has another name which I can't write) that works upstairs from the food service area, and is employeed by ACH is HORRIBLE!!! ACH was the worst job of my professional career! EVER!!!!!!
Pros
great benefits
Cons
horrible management....
n/a
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 23, 2016
check the grills cooler for product then check the menu for what is for grill that day and make daily specials and any orders for special patient
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72202May 3, 2016
I enjoyed working here as a graduate assistant. My boss was flexible with my school schedule, which was a plus. Great work environment.

4.2