Arkansas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Awesome place to work
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 12, 2017
Anyone would be proud to work at Arkansas Children's Hospital. Work life balance is great. Managers and supervisors are wonderful. I only left to take on a more challenging roll back in my chosen profession of finance.
: Productive workplace
Quality Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 9, 2017
I enjoyed my job at ACH. I learned a lot in my position, both about life and myself. I especially enjoyed the challenges and being able to be of service to such a deserving patient population.
Pros
Caring professinals great patient populatino
Cons
Somwehat too political at times
Great place to work, wonderful co-workers
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 8, 2017
Had good benefits. Staff seemed to have a high morale. Good patient to staff ratio. Co-workers worked as a team. Very good for learning new things. Great education opportunities.
Staff/ Management are phenominal
Unit Secretary Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 7, 2017
Amazing place to work, at the moment unfortunately my family needs require something different than the position I currently hold, otherwise I recommend this amazing place!
Great place to work in all areas
Administrative Assistant / Accounting Tech (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 27, 2017
ACH is not only a great place for children but a great place to work and learn from experienced co-workers. They offer great benefits and make working fun.
I originally really enjoyed my job at Arkansas Children's Hospital until new management came in.
Senior Administratve Assistant (Former Employee) –  AdministrationAugust 26, 2017
I enjoyed my 7 years at ACH until they brought in new COO's and new management the last two months and then it became cut-throat and not employee friendly
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Pay was not competitive
Ach
Craniofacial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 25, 2017
The new management under Marcy is all about making a name for herself and not about the children anymore. I have worked every department in that hospital and she has cut so many jobs that the nurses can't do their jobs. they have too many patients to patient ratio, the nurses can't push the meds and do documentation also at a timely matter. The anesthesiologist were cut in half and wait times for surgeries were never on time. The Arkansas of department of human services would "dump" the kids that were taken from abused homes and would never find a solution to their problem and ACH had to hold beds for much more needed children and also took up the expense of that! there is too much to list! If I do not get a job because standing up for justice than so be it!
Pros
The children are the main focus
Cons
Not anyore its about maki9ing money and making a name for herelf
A very lovely place to work
Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 17, 2017
ACH is an excellent company to work for. I have been given opportunity to excel in my career. I would always recommend others to apply and start their career here.
Ok place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 15, 2017
Worked for ACH 12 years in the executive office. My co-workers were a joy to work with. I really enjoyed working for a Children's Hospital and the knowledge that what I did impacted the care and the health of children.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very slow to give merit increases and the pay at ACH is low
Great place/bad management
Licensed insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 10, 2017
Children's is obviously wonderful place but in my position, my direct supervisor had poor communication skills and our positions changed all of the time with no pay raise.
It was a friendly place to work.
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 8, 2017
Have a strong team oriented mindset and a positive outlook. Children feed off the energy they feel from parents, other patients, and staff. The parents being calm because the entire procedure has been explained in detail will help.
Awesome culture and atmosphere to work in
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARJuly 19, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this hospital. Everyone worked together as a team to provide the patients with the best care possible. I was blessed with the opportunity to build relationships with the patients as well.
Fun workplace
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 19, 2017
Ii am a hard worker. I am a team player. I love children's my work atmosphere is pleasant and my co workers are a pleasure to work with. The clinic that I work at everyone gets along well and communicate with each.
10 years ago I absolutely loved this place
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 14, 2017
Great work environment. Staffing was always good. Nurses were very knowledgeable. Surgeons were very professional. This is a teaching hospital which allows learning opportunities.
Pros
everything
Cons
low pay 10 years ago
Great place to work!
Specialty Nurse RN III (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 6, 2017
Been a Specialty Nurse at ACH in an Out-Patient clinic for over a year. I would not leave if I was not moving out of state. Great team feel throughout the hospital. Terrific to be a part of a Magnet hospital that seriously values children and their families. ACH's principles of Safety, Teamwork, Compassion, and Excellence are emphasized throughout the campus. Every team member really strives to Champion Children by making them better today and healthier tomorrow!
Pros
CEO has quarterly meetings with all staff that are interesting, informative, and team building! Competative pay! Good management!
Cons
Very busy clinics, which often cause families to have extended wait times
Arkansas Children's Hospital is terrific
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 28, 2017
Arkansas Children's Hospital is a great place to work. There are many new changes in the months ahead that will make it even better. The comradely between co-workers is immeasurable.
Pros
Good benefits, Pride in work, Great to be part of an amazing team.
Was a great place to work for many years.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 21, 2017
The doctors are top notch. The patients are so sweet. I enjoyed working there for a long time. Values change and the bottom line has become more important in health care than the staff.
Amazing and Fun Volunteer Experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 12, 2017
I was able to volunteer in this pretigious hospital where I got to do Arts and craft with toddlers before they had to go see the doctor. I got to attend Lucheons and educational seminars as well. It was a very nice volunteer experience that I will never forget.
Pros
Lunch N' Learns
Great Company
Nurse Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 4, 2017
ACH is a great place to work.

Very professional organization and stands by it culture and mission statement.

Pediatric focus with cutting edge technology. I would love to return here one day.
customer service
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 31, 2017
Customer Service rep with 3+ years in a sensitive corporate environment. Outgoing and detail-oriented always welling too learn new skills and develop new task of a new environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arkansas Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2