Arkansas Children's Hospital

Arkansas Children's Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Excellant workplace for the growing nurse
Registered Nurse IV (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 17, 2015
Pros: safe work environment
Cons: pay for the nurses with longevity in the company is less than desirable
I have been at ACH for over twenty years. It is an excellent place to work. I love the team work that is shared among the co-workers and the management is identifiably amongst the best!
It can be a fun work place at times.
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 7, 2015
Pros: I like the benefits.
Cons: to many unexpected changes without notice.
A typical day at work would be busy. I learned to do all I can in my 8 hour shift and work well with others. Management is ok and my co-workers are good to work with. The hardest part of my job would be getting pulled to a different department while I still have work to do in my own department. The most enjoyable part would be making the best of my day as positive as possible while facing difficulties.
Great Place to Work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, co-workers, being able to work with children, able to work as unit secretary
Cons: Long drive from my home in Hope, AR.
I am so blessed to be a part of the ACH team. I have worked in the PACU since June 2007. I have learned and grown in so many ways since I first began. I started off with no hospital or medical experience but I was given the opportunity to join the ACH team.I got hired on as a Patient Care Tech in the PACU. Some of my first duties were to learn the routine and flow of the patients, and learn how to properly assist the nurses and patients. I will never forget how many screaming and crying kids I seen that day! I really didn’t understand why they were screaming and crying like they were but, it didn’t take long for me to get comfortable and knowledgeable in my position and understand why.It’s been eight years since I started at ACH. Many employees have come and gone since I started in 2007, but I can honestly say I have learned something from each and every one of them. I am very thankful.
Great
Family Services Assistant (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 19, 2015
Great Place To Work. The focus on Care Love and Hope is shown through out the hospital. It is ACH focus to provide the best experience for patients and families.
busy medical office with lots of demands from patient families
Medical Secretary II (Current Employee), North Little Rock, ARMarch 8, 2015
Pros: discoount at gift shop
I work in in Physical Medicine and Rehab. There is daily paper work that is to be filled our for patients continually. Answering the phones re our patients and completing the task that has been accepted from us. I do outpatient billing and also. It is rewarding to know that a parent is satisfied with helping the patient and family ask they aready have challenges in their life.
Great Place
Patient Care Tech in the Operating Room (Former Employee), Little Rock HospitalMarch 5, 2015
I love love love love Children's Hospital. What privilege to work for something so great. atmosphere was wonderful. NO complaints at all.
Great Place to work
hostess (Current Employee), little rockMarch 4, 2015
The hardest part of my job is seeing all the children in pain. They all are very strong though. I enjoy working with my coworkers, I love my job, just working on bettering myself.
Care, Love, Hope is ACH's motto.
Registered Nurse-Emergency Department (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 25, 2015
That is exactly what I provide- care, love, and hope. I have been at Arkansas Children's Hospital for almost 10 years, and I can honestly say I still enjoy my job. Working in the ED can be very physically and emotionally stressful at times, as well as very rewarding. I am a strong role model to my peers. I often team lead the department. As an experienced nurse, your nursing staff relies on you for prompt and correct answers. I am glad I can provide such comfort to my co-workers.
Excellent
SPN,RN III, Infectious Disease (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: benefits, family oriented, professional staff, and children served
Cons: nothing
I loved my job at ACH and did not intend to leave so soon but family needs intervened and I opted to leave my position to take care of my infant grandson so that my daughter, also an RN at ACH could work more and continue in her career. I miss the children and the environment!
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: wonderful people, amazing children's hospital
Cons: lots of meetings
Wish there was more support for nurse practitioners. Medical staff office was not very helpful.
But the children's hospital is amazing and a wonderful place to work.
good comp
Patient Information Assistant (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 20, 2015
schedule appointments etc
good people to work for
pleasing patients
INPATIENT PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 16, 2015
Job requires a lot of patience dealing with people who are not culturally oriented. It is a fun work environment but not suitable for people who are not truly a people-person. Very laid-back and captivating.
Loved it
Anesthesia Technician Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: leadership is very down to earth
Cons: the healthier you eat, the more it costs...bring your lunch
Nothing more rewarding than working with chhildren. The work that ACH does in conjunction with UAMS is unmatched.
People are exceptionally friendly
Leadership is very tangible and personable
Hard work, little to no reward from management
Nursing (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 18, 2014
Pros: days off
Cons: management is difficult to work for.
Difficult to please management.
Nurse staffing is difficult at times.
I
Great growth and development with continuing education.
Staff Chaplain (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARNovember 24, 2014
Pros: continuing education, great experiences, appreciation
My typical day at work is filled with positive interactions and interventions. Those interventions and interactions were fueled by character, attitude, and encouragement. Many times, even crisis situations can have positive outcomes. The management was always supportive of the best practices and goal standards for all aspects of care, treatment, and support. My co-workers are some of the best team members that anybody could ask for with great strength, passion, and excellent behavioral standards. I love my job, and the hardest part of the job is not doing the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is actually engaging in the true purpose of accomplishment.
Excellent
Advanced Life Support Tech (Former Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 20, 2014
I love working here. Great place to work for. Very friendly and caring environment. Everyone's so friendly.
Interesting hospital experience
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Little RockJune 24, 2014
Pros: steady pace, flexible break periods
Cons: cultural expectation
It is a steady-pace work environment, divided into four stations. Unit dose, Oral liquids, IV fluids and Stat. The unit dose area is consist of the tablets, pre-filled syringes and whole vials. The oral liquid is consisted of liquid medications that you fill with an oral syringe. IV medications are specially prepared in the cleaning room in a laminar hood, using aseptic techniques. and the Stat area is the area that prepare the drug that are needed by the patient right away. sometimes they will send drips to the floor and the patient. I learned so much about the hospital setup, and the role of the pharmacy in a hospital setting. I especially love working in the cleaning room, preparing IV injections. The biggest issue with the job is management. Management is not organized enough and doesn't not respect the cultural expectations in a work environment to take matters on it certain issues.
ACH is a wonderful environment to end each day knowing what you've done helped make children's lives better.
Neurophysiology Technologist (Current Employee), Lowell ClinicMay 4, 2014
Pros: supportive environment
Cons: the pay could certainly be more competitive.
Given my duties, my day starts pretty early. I get the opportunity to go to work and be a part of something bigger and much more noble than myself. I've learned so much about human development, interpersonal relationships, and of course neurophysiology. I couldn't ask for a better group of co-workers, managers, and patients. The emotional aspect of pediatrics can be overwhelming at times, but the support system among peers puts what we do into perspective. I most enjoy watching as my patients grow with us, become well and ready for the life before them.
Cardiovascular Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 23, 2014
Arkansas Children's Hospital is a great family friendly place to work.
poor training, heard more cussing and saw lil compassion
unit secretary (Former Employee), arkansasApril 21, 2014
Pros: children are awesome
Cons: hospital
Worst place ive ever worked. It's a big hype. So disappointed.

1 2 3

About Arkansas Children's Hospital

As the only pediatric medical center in the state, Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH) serves the youngest Razorbacks from birth – Read more

Arkansas Children's Hospital Salaries