Arkansas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Awesome culture and atmosphere to work in
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARJuly 19, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this hospital. Everyone worked together as a team to provide the patients with the best care possible. I was blessed with the opportunity to build relationships with the patients as well.
Fun workplace
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 19, 2017
Ii am a hard worker. I am a team player. I love children's my work atmosphere is pleasant and my co workers are a pleasure to work with. The clinic that I work at everyone gets along well and communicate with each.
10 years ago I absolutely loved this place
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 14, 2017
Great work environment. Staffing was always good. Nurses were very knowledgeable. Surgeons were very professional. This is a teaching hospital which allows learning opportunities.
Pros
everything
Cons
low pay 10 years ago
Great place to work!
Specialty Nurse RN III (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 6, 2017
Been a Specialty Nurse at ACH in an Out-Patient clinic for over a year. I would not leave if I was not moving out of state. Great team feel throughout the hospital. Terrific to be a part of a Magnet hospital that seriously values children and their families. ACH's principles of Safety, Teamwork, Compassion, and Excellence are emphasized throughout the campus. Every team member really strives to Champion Children by making them better today and healthier tomorrow!
Pros
CEO has quarterly meetings with all staff that are interesting, informative, and team building! Competative pay! Good management!
Cons
Very busy clinics, which often cause families to have extended wait times
Arkansas Children's Hospital is terrific
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 28, 2017
Arkansas Children's Hospital is a great place to work. There are many new changes in the months ahead that will make it even better. The comradely between co-workers is immeasurable.
Pros
Good benefits, Pride in work, Great to be part of an amazing team.
Was a great place to work for many years.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 21, 2017
The doctors are top notch. The patients are so sweet. I enjoyed working there for a long time. Values change and the bottom line has become more important in health care than the staff.
Amazing and Fun Volunteer Experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 12, 2017
I was able to volunteer in this pretigious hospital where I got to do Arts and craft with toddlers before they had to go see the doctor. I got to attend Lucheons and educational seminars as well. It was a very nice volunteer experience that I will never forget.
Pros
Lunch N' Learns
Great Company
Nurse Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 4, 2017
ACH is a great place to work.

Very professional organization and stands by it culture and mission statement.

Pediatric focus with cutting edge technology. I would love to return here one day.
customer service
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 31, 2017
Customer Service rep with 3+ years in a sensitive corporate environment. Outgoing and detail-oriented always welling too learn new skills and develop new task of a new environment
Wonderful place to work.
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 23, 2017
Awesome place to work if you love helping children and their families. Co-workers were awesome, along with great supervisor. Always someone available when or if you needed help.
Pros
Great co-workers
workplace environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 19, 2017
Arkansas Children's Hospital just achieved the high honor of magnet status. I enjoyed working within my department, great staff. Every department is patient friendly.
Pros
Great hospital
Cons
short on staffing
Wonderful place to work.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 16, 2017
I love Arkansas Children's Hospital. The employees and management give 110% to ensure that the children there are happy and healing. It's the most professional and patient-oriented hospital I've ever had the pleasure of working in.
Pros
Caring Staff, wonderful upper management, dedicated to patient safety
Cons
High patient census
Hospital is wonderful, in house pharmacy is a nightmare
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 16, 2017
The head of the pharmacy department and HR play favorites with the staff. They treat the department as if it was a high school cafeteria where the popular people get their way, and if they don't like you, you're gone.
I loved working there. it was a very great place.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 8, 2017
My days at children's hospital was amazing. Everyone there was very fun to work with and hard workers. The managment staff was also very fun to work with. Everyday was very busy but that's what i liked about it.
Pros
you could charge all meals and gift shop and they have great insurance
Cons
when you forget to clock in or out they charge you with a tardy.
I enjoyed the helpful environment.
Patient Intake Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 27, 2017
Pre-register patients for appointments. Answer the telephones and set appointments. After appointments are completed I would schedule follow up appointments as needed.
Research and education based health care institution
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 19, 2017
-Preceptor orientation for new graduates was amazing
-Preceptor was thorough and very knowledgeable
-Extremely high level of acuity in patients
-Chaplains and counselors were available to staff and parents when a child passed away, which was extremely helpful
Good Place to Work
Patient Information Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 14, 2017
Co-workers are very friendly and pay is good. Management is very understanding of work/life balance. The hardest part of the job is the increased work load.
We were so busy we didnt have much slack time. But it was a fun job
Patient Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 10, 2017
I got to go in on the early shift which was 6:00 to 3:00. There are very stressful job. When time to leave and go home make sure everything is put up. In order and ready for the next day
Pros and Cons
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 31, 2017
Working in the department I was in I didn't get to meet a lot of people face to face. However, the amount of people we helped was overwhelming. Working with a group of well trained RNs to give parents comfort in what to do when their children are sick and the doctor's offices are closed can be a bit hectic. The main thing is remain calm, provide accurate information, and follow-thru.
Pros
Helping parents and children
very good place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 28, 2017
this is generally a very good place to work. It is just a little clicky at times. the nurses talk behind your back instead of telling you what to do to improve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arkansas Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2