Arkansas Children's Hospital

Arkansas Children's Hospital Employer Reviews

Great
Family Services Assistant (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 19, 2015
Great Place To Work. The focus on Care Love and Hope is shown through out the hospital. It is ACH focus to provide the best experience for patients and families.
busy medical office with lots of demands from patient families
Medical Secretary II (Current Employee), North Little Rock, ARMarch 8, 2015
Pros: discoount at gift shop
I work in in Physical Medicine and Rehab. There is daily paper work that is to be filled our for patients continually. Answering the phones re our patients and completing the task that has been accepted from us. I do outpatient billing and also. It is rewarding to know that a parent is satisfied with helping the patient and family ask they aready have challenges in their life.
Great Place
Patient Care Tech in the Operating Room (Former Employee), Little Rock HospitalMarch 5, 2015
I love love love love Children's Hospital. What privilege to work for something so great. atmosphere was wonderful. NO complaints at all.
Great Place to work
hostess (Current Employee), little rockMarch 4, 2015
The hardest part of my job is seeing all the children in pain. They all are very strong though. I enjoy working with my coworkers, I love my job, just working on bettering myself.
Care, Love, Hope is ACH's motto.
Registered Nurse-Emergency Department (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 25, 2015
That is exactly what I provide- care, love, and hope. I have been at Arkansas Children's Hospital for almost 10 years, and I can honestly say I still enjoy my job. Working in the ED can be very physically and emotionally stressful at times, as well as very rewarding. I am a strong role model to my peers. I often team lead the department. As an experienced nurse, your nursing staff relies on you for prompt and correct answers. I am glad I can provide such comfort to my co-workers.
Excellent
SPN,RN III, Infectious Disease (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: benefits, family oriented, professional staff, and children served
Cons: nothing
I loved my job at ACH and did not intend to leave so soon but family needs intervened and I opted to leave my position to take care of my infant grandson so that my daughter, also an RN at ACH could work more and continue in her career. I miss the children and the environment!
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: wonderful people, amazing children's hospital
Cons: lots of meetings
Wish there was more support for nurse practitioners. Medical staff office was not very helpful.
But the children's hospital is amazing and a wonderful place to work.
good comp
Patient Information Assistant (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 20, 2015
schedule appointments etc
good people to work for
pleasing patients
INPATIENT PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 16, 2015
Job requires a lot of patience dealing with people who are not culturally oriented. It is a fun work environment but not suitable for people who are not truly a people-person. Very laid-back and captivating.
Loved it
Anesthesia Technician Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: leadership is very down to earth
Cons: the healthier you eat, the more it costs...bring your lunch
Nothing more rewarding than working with chhildren. The work that ACH does in conjunction with UAMS is unmatched.
People are exceptionally friendly
Leadership is very tangible and personable
Hard work, little to no reward from management
Nursing (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 18, 2014
Pros: days off
Cons: management is difficult to work for.
Difficult to please management.
Nurse staffing is difficult at times.
I
Great growth and development with continuing education.
Staff Chaplain (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARNovember 24, 2014
Pros: continuing education, great experiences, appreciation
My typical day at work is filled with positive interactions and interventions. Those interventions and interactions were fueled by character, attitude, and encouragement. Many times, even crisis situations can have positive outcomes. The management was always supportive of the best practices and goal standards for all aspects of care, treatment, and support. My co-workers are some of the best team members that anybody could ask for with great strength, passion, and excellent behavioral standards. I love my job, and the hardest part of the job is not doing the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is actually engaging in the true purpose of accomplishment.
Excellent
Advanced Life Support Tech (Former Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 20, 2014
I love working here. Great place to work for. Very friendly and caring environment. Everyone's so friendly.
Interesting hospital experience
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Little RockJune 24, 2014
Pros: steady pace, flexible break periods
Cons: cultural expectation
It is a steady-pace work environment, divided into four stations. Unit dose, Oral liquids, IV fluids and Stat. The unit dose area is consist of the tablets, pre-filled syringes and whole vials. The oral liquid is consisted of liquid medications that you fill with an oral syringe. IV medications are specially prepared in the cleaning room in a laminar hood, using aseptic techniques. and the Stat area is the area that prepare the drug that are needed by the patient right away. sometimes they will send drips to the floor and the patient. I learned so much about the hospital setup, and the role of the pharmacy in a hospital setting. I especially love working in the cleaning room, preparing IV injections. The biggest issue with the job is management. Management is not organized enough and doesn't not respect the cultural expectations in a work environment to take matters on it certain issues.
ACH is a wonderful environment to end each day knowing what you've done helped make children's lives better.
Neurophysiology Technologist (Current Employee), Lowell ClinicMay 4, 2014
Pros: supportive environment
Cons: the pay could certainly be more competitive.
Given my duties, my day starts pretty early. I get the opportunity to go to work and be a part of something bigger and much more noble than myself. I've learned so much about human development, interpersonal relationships, and of course neurophysiology. I couldn't ask for a better group of co-workers, managers, and patients. The emotional aspect of pediatrics can be overwhelming at times, but the support system among peers puts what we do into perspective. I most enjoy watching as my patients grow with us, become well and ready for the life before them.
Cardiovascular Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 23, 2014
Arkansas Children's Hospital is a great family friendly place to work.
poor training, heard more cussing and saw lil compassion
unit secretary (Former Employee), arkansasApril 21, 2014
Pros: children are awesome
Cons: hospital
Worst place ive ever worked. It's a big hype. So disappointed.
Great Customer Service Position
Patient Information Assistant (PIA) (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 21, 2014
Pros: a wonderful cafeteria with great food.
Cons: a mixture of personalities and attitudes
The job was very hectic at times, depending on the number of appointments for the day.
I was part of a team that sometimes required motivation tips at some point during the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was most of the staff was extremely friendly and always willing to learn something from one another.
Excellent place to work
Secretary II (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 12, 2014
Enjoy the people I work with as well as the typical day of managing schedules, hospital events, and projects. They are a company that cares about their employees with great benefits that go beyond the pay and insurance. Every day is different which makes it exciting. It is an ever changing environment but in the best way.
good
Group Lead Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 3, 2014
good....................................................................................

1 2 3

About Arkansas Children's Hospital

As the only pediatric medical center in the state, Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH) serves the¬†youngest Razorbacks from birth – Read more

Arkansas Children's Hospital Salaries