Arkansas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Loved my job
Surgery Addmissions Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 21, 2017
I checked in patients that were coming to have surgery. I made sure all their insurance and point of contact information was up to date in our system.
Pros
Way too many to list. I loved my job.
Cons
Having to be at work at 5 AM was tough sometimes, but I still loved my job.
Fun and rewarding place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 14, 2017
Love working with the staff and help brighten the lives of the kids that work thru the clinic. I love learning about the chemotherapy I am administering and the different types of cancer that are dignosed
Outstanding place to work.
Parking/Fleet/Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72202March 3, 2017
ACH is an awesome place to work. We are a place of love, care and hope. Our Mission is to champion children by making them better today and healthier tomorrow. You couldn't ask for a better place to work.
Pros
Family Orientated
Cons
Serious
Productive, easy going, and love meeting new people
Floor Technician/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 5, 2017
My job was easy and laid back sometimes it would be busy but my job was never complicated. We would often do teamwork so we could get threw quicker
Pros
incentive bonuses
Cons
short breaks
Friendly work place
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 30, 2016
Nice employers and managers. I would like to work at home but it's not an option here at ACH. I love working here, but the befits are expensive and it's hard to move up due to alot of favoratism.
Great Company to work for
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 18, 2016
Arkansas Children's Hospital is a great company to work for. Be cautious of the departments to work for. The NICU department is terrible, mainly the managing. They are rude and unfair. They choose and pick their favorites and show difference. The management of NICU should be audited.
Productive Business
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  AdmissionsDecember 14, 2016
Because we are working to assist children and you see them all day, it's a lot of fun. I enjoy the work that I do, because I'm still assisting families with receiving Medicaid and Affordable Healthcare benefits.
Resp tech
Respiratory tech (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 9, 2016
Director is a joke. Plays favorites, it is all in who you know. Lie to you about how you are doing. I would not work in this department at all.
Pros
Children are great to help
Cons
Pay, director is a snake
Good place
Data and imaging tech (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 30, 2016
Too much drama in workplace
Slow once we went to emr
Fortune 500 company
Great thing to be a part of
Sad at times
Management lacking in dept
Pros
Discount
Cons
Slow paces
Very good company
E.V.S dept (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 30, 2016
This was a wonderful place to work. I just couldn't handle the travel time. I would recommend them to anyone. They have great pay and you can work all you want. The benefits are wonderful
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Steady paced work place with moderate down time
Imaging Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 16, 2016
a typical day, I encounter finishing image request, creating CD's for patients to take to an outside facility. Assisting radiology technologist with patients and exams. Assist in conducting Fluoro Studies. Fax results to requesting doctor's and physicians.
Pros
free food and a relaxed environment
Cons
scheduling and staffing shortage
Positive work enviroment
Registered Nurse, III (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 30, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my day is making a positive change in the lives of the pediatric population. I work in a very positive environment with peers that are fun and loving.
ACH is a good place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 4, 2016
I have no major complaints about my employment with Arkansas Children's Hospital. I have advanced three times during my employment with the hospital. Overall I would say ACH is a great place to work.
Working in the Hospital
Nutritional Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 9, 2016
Working at the Arkansas Children's Hospital is an honor as well as a privilege. I will never forgot the great moments I shared with my former co-workers.
Pros
Free Food
Great job
Cardiac Intensive Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 7, 2016
Great job with great hours. Loved the students. Hardest part of job was the contract was for a short term. IT was a great job for someone just starting out.
Pros
good hours
Cons
short contracts
management bullies employees
R.N. clinic (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 23, 2016
ACH is a great hospital because of the employees. The employees are great in spite of the bullying by management. I have seen nurses with 15,20,30or more years of experience be fired, or forced to resign because of the bullying by management that is tolerated and encouraged, Department mgrs. are usually puppets, and have forgotten that employees are people. I am just waiting for retirement. It has gotten worse since Mr Bates left.and going downhill rapidly.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no work/home balance, bullying is rampant.
A wonderful day at Ark Children's ER
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 20, 2016
A typical day at work starts at 7:00 am. I would make sure all necessary papers are stocked. Making sure all printer in the department full. Making there is enough office supplies for the nurses, Doctors, respiratory and myself for the day. Maintaining a clean work area. I love the idea of a great team that pulls together as one. I would literally learn something everyday because there is always something that needed to taught. The most enjoyable part of my job was too see the patients feeling better and the parents having a huge smile on their faces as they are leaving, and knowing that everyone had pulled together to make that even possible. The hardest part of the job is when the parents had to leave without their child.
Pros
Care, Love and hope
Cons
Chain of command is never implemented
The kids
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARJuly 22, 2016
My patients though they maybe little kids to babies it really kept everything interesting it made me realize how many kids really need help and it really brought out the side that really wants to help others.
really good job
Home-Based Educator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 7, 2016
everyday is an experience when dealing with families and their children.management was great with this company.my co- workers were all very good people.the hardest part was recruiting families for the program. the most enjoyable part of the job had to be working with the children.it gives me joy to see them having fun and learning.
Best job ive had so far
PCT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 2, 2016
Needs some work with the higher up management, Other than that best employer I've had. Incentive ancillary pay for PCTs now, just wish we could also do the core plus and commitment bonus contracts like the licensed nursing staff.
Pros
Overtime opportunities
Cons
Some poor management in certain areas of hospital

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arkansas Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2