Arkansas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Great pay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 11, 2016
Extremely good pay for environmental service workers. Bonuses are received every three months based off of your porformance. The supervisors are very unprofessional, rude and did I mention unprofessional?
Pros
Great pay and bonuses every three months
Cons
Rude unprofessional supervisors
Great atmosphere
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 17, 2015
A typical day at work for me is always fast paste in addition to organizing and making schedules and assigning specific areas for members of my team to cover. Over the years i have learned that all personalities are different, there are ways to address these different personalities. There is a process in everything that is done as well as in decision making, and dealing or controlling things and enforcing specific behavior standards according to the organisations.The hardest part of my job is simply dealing with reps. the most enjoyable is meeting new people.
Pros
Working together as a team
best place to work
Unit Secretary-PICU, and ORTH (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 14, 2015
A very interesting place to work. Love working to improve the health of all the children. All of the staff are very caring people not to mention they give every thing they can to make the children feel love.
This is a great place to work
Security Officer-2 (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 3, 2015
I would start my day out patrolling the inside or outside of the hospital campus, respond to all codes, fill out accident, and incident reports, secure and unsecure doors, pickup bank deposits, and drop in the hospital safe. I learned CPR, CPI, FEMA training, and went through hospitals training program. My supervisors were understanding, professional, and great to work for. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers, I always knew they had my back whatever situation we had to go into. The hardest part of the job was working in the Emergency Department confiscating weapons, and contraband
that people were trying to get into the hospital. The satisfaction of helping people, that people felt safe when I was working.
Pros
Benefits, and salary.
Cons
none.
Overalll good place to work
Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 12, 2015
Good place to work. I have enjoyed the 15 years that I have been there. Good benefits and have made many friends. ACH offers many great services for the children of AR and everywhere.
EXTREMELY fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 8, 2015
Very fun and enjoyable place to work. Great benefits and great pay with room for advancement. The new CEO is AWESOME......I enjoyed my 5 years of service....
Nice place to work
Nutritional Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Little RockOctober 7, 2015
The management is the only downfall of the place..short staffed. But overall the work is easy, coworkers are nice and the environment is okay. Bonuses are good, pay rate is pretty good
Pros
good benefits, nice pay, nice co workers
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Neonatal Intensive Care RN II (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 15, 2015
2-4 12 hours night shifts per week.
Taking care of sick and premature infants of varying acuity and illnesses.
I enjoy spending time with families and teaching them about everything that is going on with their infant and how they can participate in their baby's care while they are in the hospital.
Great coworkers, lots of support from fellow staff with great teamwork.
Toughest part of working in the NICU is the high stress environment.
Pros
schedule flexibility; night shift pay; coworkers
Cons
Long hours, night shift, short staffed
Pediatric Healthcare with Updated and Modern Technoology
Inpatient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 14, 2015
A typical day at work involves me setting my schedule, as to what patients in my assigned units that I will meet with on that day. I make contact with the families and discuss their medical bills, financial assistance that can assist them, and I contact their insurance company (if any) to obtain eligibility and create authorizations for their procedures.
Pros
Very rewarding helping families and children
Cons
No room for career growth once you get to my level of experience.
Ok place for kids
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 3, 2015
Inpatient pharmacy good job and place for children. Supervisors and some co workers completely horrible grown ups act worse than children. Due to my work experience there I won't take my own child for any kind of treatment involving the hospital or the clinics
Wonderful place for children with any type of medical issues.
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 24, 2015
Super medical staff. Leading Children's Hospital. However, working in the medical billing and collections department is all about the numbers. Very demanding, long hours and very little time off. A good team effort. Very supportive working staff.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
most time off request are denied due to deadlines
Excellent place to work.
Physician's Continuing Education (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 10, 2015
ACH is a phenomenal employer. A perfect place for anyone who has a servant's heart to work. There is nothing more satisfying than helping children.
I enjoyed my job. I wished that I was able to do more.
Microbiology Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 30, 2015
I really enjoyed performing my job duties. I wish that I was allowed to do more by learning in the different specialty areas.
Medical Technology job
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock ARJuly 25, 2015
Medical Technology job interviewed with this company for an hour and a half. Not worth all of the hassle. Management team unorganized and never followed up with applicants with 15+ years of experience. 😈
Pros
Low pay
Cons
Parking sucks
Hospital does an excellent job keeping employees up to date on new policies and procedures.
RRT II (Current Employee) –  Little, Rock, ARJuly 24, 2015
Fast paced environment, Supervisors are very helpful, Must stay on top of constant changes within hospital and the Respiratory Dept., Love working with the children
A very busy and flexible work place.
Child care worker (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 22, 2015
A place where you can make a difference in the lives of so many children. If you want to work overtime it is definitely possible.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
career advancement opportunities are slim
Great Place to Work
Patient Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 11, 2015
A typical day at work: Providing Care, Love and Hope

What I have learned: Having patience is a must!

My co-workers: ROCK!

The hardest part of my job: Watching the children suffer from pain.

The most enjoyable part of my job: Seeing the smile on the patents faces when their child is on the road to recovery.
Pros
Awesome people!
Cons
Pricy food
Arkansas Children's Hospital
Patient Information Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 5, 2015
Working in the clinical setting is rewarding to me. I take pride in helping patients and their families in whatever way I can.
Very busy place to work
ROI clerk (Current Employee) –  Medical RecordsMay 29, 2015
I enjoyed working for the Malcom Law Firm. They always have work going on and very challenging. People contact could be better but the pay and benefits are wonderful.
Pros
good pay
Cons
work alot of ot
Productive hospital
Stat Team (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 2, 2015
My typical worked day consit of transporting patients to different appointments inside the hospital. I learned that no matter what some people are going through in life it's not as bad as we think it is until you have to see children going through and dealing with different illness is their lives. Some of my co-worker were very easily to get along with and there were some who like make your everyday life not so pleasant. The hardest part of my job was seeing the babies have to suffer. the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a smile on the children faces.
Pros
Seeing the patient been discharge to go home
Cons
Not see the children go home at all

4.2