Arkansas Children's Hospital

Arkansas Children's Hospital Employer Reviews

Very productive and great atmosphere to work in.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Little Rock, ArkansasMarch 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits, annual events, and fundraisers
Cons: need more interaction with hospital administrators in times of need
My job was the best job I've ever had. The work was great, I got to work around children and my boss was really down to earth and understanding. My coworkers and I became like family and there was no tighter knit group than my coworkers and I. The hardest part of my job was dealing with parents who mistreated their children or spouse. It was very hard to see, but I thoroughly enjoyed my time here and hopefully I'll come back in another capacity.
Premier level III NICU
Travel Nurse Assignment NICU/CVICU (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 6, 2014
very large unit
regional facility for all of Arkansas
well organized
friendly competent staff
Great company! They constantly show appreciation for their employees.
HIPPY MIECHV Home-based Educator (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 3, 2014
Arkansas Children's Hospital is a secure organization to work for. It's management delivers quality service to it's patients by ensuring that the employees are well equipped and appreciated.
Wonderful
Hostess Server (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 28, 2014
Working at this hospital was one of the best work experiences I've yet to experience. I really enjoyed being around all those children that I had to serve. I will love to work there again.
hospital
Telecommunication Operator II (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 18, 2014
this is a great place to work. my coworkers are great. the care love and hope this hospital has is wonderful.
Working with children and families
Patient Information Assistant (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: great work enviroment, great coworkers
Cons: working with difficult and frustrated families
Checking in patients giving them their wrist bands taking them to the waiting room, checking insurances, referrals, putting charge sheets into the system
great place to work, but it could be better.
Lead Barista, Java City (Current Employee), Little Rock, ArNovember 24, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks, no free lunch, and the uniforms.
my typical work day starts at 8 am and ends at 4:30 pm. the busy peaks are from the time i get there until about 11. after my break i have to count down two registers, give other co workers a break, pull the stock needed for the next day and put away a truck order if needed

At this job i have learned that having patience is a must. Being friendly, speaking clearly, and having a good appearance is also a must.

My coworkers are the best. we work well together as a team, because if we don't there is no way we can have a successful day.

The hardest part of the job would be the lack of not having enough employees.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the customers that come to me and tell me that i am doing a great job. if they are happy then i am too.
Pediatric Healthcare
Medical Staff & Credentialing Assistant (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARNovember 8, 2013
I enjoy working with children and still working in healthcare. This was a fun company to work for. Always interesting fun activities going on to make money for the sick children.
Great Place to work
RRT/polysomnographic technician (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARNovember 5, 2013
Hardworking. Team Players. Friendly environment. Everyone is always willing to help out.
productive
Dispatcher, Patient Care, Sitter, Secretary (Former Employee), LittleRock,AROctober 16, 2013
Helping_patients,family,assisting,friendly_enviroment
Great place to work.
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Emergency DepartmentOctober 11, 2013
Pros: great sense of pride and good benefits
Cons: politically driven
Working at the Arkansas Children's Hospital gave me a great sense of pride. The benefits are decent and everyone there shares in the idea that we are all there for the kids. My only gripe is that it is very difficult to get in and very difficult to move up. Some departments are all about you paying your dues before they'll allow you to move up. It can be highly political.
A place full of compassion for children
Unit Secretary Med/Surg and Critical Care Units (Current Employee), Radiology AdministrationOctober 8, 2013
This is an amazing place that helps all children throughtout the world. Caring,hope and love is the motto of this insituation which is carried out throughout the enitire hospital. I have always been very pround of my employment.
Great company to work for
PATIENT INFORMATION COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: yearly bonus, great pay rate
Cons: short breaks, insurance is pricey
A typical day in the appointment center at ACH consists of scheduling appointments for the outpatient specialty clinics of ACH via phone calls from parents or PCP's, email, or clinic forms.
The appointment center is a call center so it is very fast paced and busy. There is very little "down" time available.
Good company
Fitness Center Assistant (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 28, 2013
Nice place to work. No complaints. Enjoyed coworkers. Worked around school schedule.
Secure job
Patient Information Assistant (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 22, 2013
Pros: job security and location
Cons: high healthcare premiums and no paid time off
I do enjoy working at ACH. Sometimes the job can be stressful. Management team seem to be working to get the moral to a better place. Co-workers work together to help get the job done.
The hardest part of the job is not allowing anything or anyone (including patient parents) to get you upset or angry to the point you say or do something you shouldn't do.
The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing I have a job and will have a paycheck.
Friendly and comfortable work environment
Administrative Assistant to the Medical Director (Current Employee), Little Rock, ArkansasJuly 8, 2013
Pros: tuition reimbursement
Cons: hard to accumulate time off since holiday, sick and vacation time come out of the same area.
A typical work day involves heavy calendar management, coordinating and planning speaking engagements, budgeting, preparing various documents and presentations, registrations and meeting set-ups both internal and external, making travel arrangements, coordinating and attending meetings.
ACH is an excellent company to work for and has strong ethical and team values.
Major Gifts Officer (Former Employee), Little Rock, ArkansasJuly 1, 2013
My job was in the Foundation as a development officer. I worked with a large team and had terrific support professionally and personally. A typical day consisted of setting and achieving specific goals and was easily manageable. The hardest part of the job was separating myself from work from my personal life because the job was so rewarding I was constantly looking for ways to increase my own productivity. The most enjoyable was working with the team who were extremely professionals in their fields.
Stressful
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 28, 2013
Pros: co-workers are family and the children are up-lifting.
Cons: extremely busy and stressful
A typical day at ACH is busy. I work on a fast pace floor and it becomes a very stressful unit. Co-workers become family and really care about each other. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the children. It is making a difference in a child's life.
Family Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 28, 2013
Pros: friendly
Cons: expensive to eat in cafe
Everyone has a smile on thier face. The best part of working at ACH is helping the children. It is a very friendly place to work. Everyone is very helpful. There are armed security gaurds for safety.
great job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 10, 2013
great job experience while in college
very flexible hours
employees treated well by management

About Arkansas Children's Hospital

As the only pediatric medical center in the state, Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH) serves the¬†youngest Razorbacks from birth – Read more

Arkansas Children's Hospital Salaries