Arkansas Children's Hospital

Arkansas Children's Hospital Employer Reviews

Good company
Fitness Center Assistant (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 28, 2013
Nice place to work. No complaints. Enjoyed coworkers. Worked around school schedule.
Secure job
Patient Information Assistant (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 22, 2013
Pros: job security and location
Cons: high healthcare premiums and no paid time off
I do enjoy working at ACH. Sometimes the job can be stressful. Management team seem to be working to get the moral to a better place. Co-workers work together to help get the job done.
The hardest part of the job is not allowing anything or anyone (including patient parents) to get you upset or angry to the point you say or do something you shouldn't – more... do.
The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing I have a job and will have a paycheck. – less
Friendly and comfortable work environment
Administrative Assistant to the Medical Director (Current Employee), Little Rock, ArkansasJuly 8, 2013
Pros: tuition reimbursement
Cons: hard to accumulate time off since holiday, sick and vacation time come out of the same area.
A typical work day involves heavy calendar management, coordinating and planning speaking engagements, budgeting, preparing various documents and presentations, registrations and meeting set-ups both internal and external, making travel arrangements, coordinating and attending meetings.
ACH is an excellent company to work for and has strong ethical and team values.
Major Gifts Officer (Former Employee), Little Rock, ArkansasJuly 1, 2013
My job was in the Foundation as a development officer. I worked with a large team and had terrific support professionally and personally. A typical day consisted of setting and achieving specific goals and was easily manageable. The hardest part of the job was separating myself from work from my personal life because the job was so rewarding I was constantly – more... looking for ways to increase my own productivity. The most enjoyable was working with the team who were extremely professionals in their fields. – less
Stressful
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 28, 2013
Pros: co-workers are family and the children are up-lifting.
Cons: extremely busy and stressful
A typical day at ACH is busy. I work on a fast pace floor and it becomes a very stressful unit. Co-workers become family and really care about each other. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the children. It is making a difference in a child's life.
Family Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 28, 2013
Pros: friendly
Cons: expensive to eat in cafe
Everyone has a smile on thier face. The best part of working at ACH is helping the children. It is a very friendly place to work. Everyone is very helpful. There are armed security gaurds for safety.
great job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 10, 2013
great job experience while in college
very flexible hours
employees treated well by management
Wonderful place to work for!
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Little Rock, ArkansasApril 9, 2013
I love knowing that I am apart of making sick children well again! I want to move to another department for more experience.
Positive work environment with dedicated and professional coworkers.
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Pilot (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 20, 2013
Working at Arkansas Children's Hospital was a very positive experience.I felt that management was genuinely supportive and had their subordinates best interests in mind.
A great place to work with people who care!
Blood Bank Intern (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 7, 2013
Pros: attitude of all the employees is great.. they actually care about their patients
Cons: the laboratory employs the lead initiative, and it is uncomfortable for some of the older employees that are used to doing things a certain way
My experience with ACH was during a clinical internship in the Blood Bank so I have no input on pay or benefits. It was a great experience! My instructors and all of the people in the lab did a great job teaching me about blood banking. All the staff, from the lab techs to the janitors, truly and honestly care about the patients in this hospital. They – more... take their job seriously, they are dedicated to what they do, and they take it personally. Overall, a fine institution to work for and a great team to work with. – less
This company cares about their employees.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 6, 2013
This was a positive working environment. They always showed their appreciation for employees.
ACH is a great company, HOWEVER BEWARE!!
Previous Executive Employee (Former Employee), Food ServiceFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: horrible management....
ACH is a great company to work for, but the food service side is horrible to work for! It is contracted out by Aramark, and the employees are managed by Aramark even though you are considered a hospital employee. The only advice I can give from experience, is that I wouldn't work there again if was the last job on Earth!! They have been through at least – more... 10 salaried managers within a year and a half!! I hear the Director is leaving, which will be a plus, but the Director taking her place is just as bad. Oh! If that doesn't scare you, the other Director (she has another name which I can't write) that works upstairs from the food service area, and is employeed by ACH is HORRIBLE!!! ACH was the worst job of my professional career! EVER!!!!!! – less
A challenging, fast paced and fun workplace.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: working with a great therapy staff and being able to go to work and play!
Cons: the heartbreak when a child dies.
A typical day started by initiating the schedule along with occupational therapy team members to ensure all patients would be seen and that assignments were equally divided. Also, would plan and schedule co-treatments with PT staff. Flexibility was a vital part throughout the day due to the unavailability of patients for a variety of reasons including – more... tests, inability to tolerate at the time due to critical illness or just being asleep. I learned a great deal about working around critical care lines while treating a variety of patients on the rehab, burn, infant/toddler, neonatal, cardiac, and intensive care units. I gained skills in providing therapeutic feeds, oral stimulation techniques, therapeutic activities for developmentally delayed infants/toddlers due to being vent dependent, PROM techniques for severe burn victims, and aquatic activities. I worked with a great staff of caring, compassionate and fun therapists who were very engaged in providing the highest quality of care while making the therapy session entertaining and fun when needed. Management was very supportive in offering advice assistance. Frequent in-services were provided for continuing education through staff participation. You were required to provide two in-services per year. The most difficult aspect of my job was when a child died. The most enjoyable experience was seeing a child smile and the joy of seeing them achieve developmental milestones and regain their health. – less
Organizational Changes
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 3, 2013
When I first joined ACH it was a wonderful place. A new CNO came in and turned the place upside down. The senior management team is terrible, and many good people have left the organization.
Childrens hospital environnment with challenges
Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee), Little RockJanuary 9, 2013
Challenging place to work. I loved my doctors I worked with.
Amazing place to work!
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 28, 2012
I absolutely loved working for ACH & the staff was amazing. I learned so much at that hospital that I will forever cherish. I would definately go back to work there if given the opportunity.
ACH was a great place to work!
Telephony Operator/Customer Service (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 20, 2012
Pros: great benefits!
Cons: all jobs have cons but rather not discuss.
I enjoyed doing my job. The hospital was all about saving the children's lives. I loved that!
Great place great benifits
Patient Care Technicians, Unit Secretary (Current Employee), little rock, arMay 21, 2012
i love working for ACH Great Experience, Great People. They take care of there workers, amd have great bennifit, its a place to show care love and hope, and feel great about it
Awesome Place to work
Evening Lead (Current Employee), Little Rock ArkMay 4, 2012
Pros: everthing is great there
Cons: nothing
A place that is doing all the right things. Best place I have ever worked very rewarding.
Rewarding place to work
Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 30, 2012
Pros: the atmosphere, culture, benefits, opportunity for advancement.
Cons: salaries for aprns could be better.
The atmosphere is wonderful. People are really team players. The benefits are amazing.

About Arkansas Children's Hospital

As the only pediatric medical center in the state, Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH) serves the¬†youngest Razorbacks from birth – Read more