Arkansas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Positive work enviroment
Registered Nurse, III (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 30, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my day is making a positive change in the lives of the pediatric population. I work in a very positive environment with peers that are fun and loving.
ACH is a good place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 4, 2016
I have no major complaints about my employment with Arkansas Children's Hospital. I have advanced three times during my employment with the hospital. Overall I would say ACH is a great place to work.
Working in the Hospital
Nutritional Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 9, 2016
Working at the Arkansas Children's Hospital is an honor as well as a privilege. I will never forgot the great moments I shared with my former co-workers.
Pros
Free Food
Great job
Cardiac Intensive Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 7, 2016
Great job with great hours. Loved the students. Hardest part of job was the contract was for a short term. IT was a great job for someone just starting out.
Pros
good hours
Cons
short contracts
management bullies employees
R.N. clinic (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 23, 2016
ACH is a great hospital because of the employees. The employees are great in spite of the bullying by management. I have seen nurses with 15,20,30or more years of experience be fired, or forced to resign because of the bullying by management that is tolerated and encouraged, Department mgrs. are usually puppets, and have forgotten that employees are people. I am just waiting for retirement. It has gotten worse since Mr Bates left.and going downhill rapidly.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no work/home balance, bullying is rampant.
A wonderful day at Ark Children's ER
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 20, 2016
A typical day at work starts at 7:00 am. I would make sure all necessary papers are stocked. Making sure all printer in the department full. Making there is enough office supplies for the nurses, Doctors, respiratory and myself for the day. Maintaining a clean work area. I love the idea of a great team that pulls together as one. I would literally learn something everyday because there is always something that needed to taught. The most enjoyable part of my job was too see the patients feeling better and the parents having a huge smile on their faces as they are leaving, and knowing that everyone had pulled together to make that even possible. The hardest part of the job is when the parents had to leave without their child.
Pros
Care, Love and hope
Cons
Chain of command is never implemented
The kids
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARJuly 22, 2016
My patients though they maybe little kids to babies it really kept everything interesting it made me realize how many kids really need help and it really brought out the side that really wants to help others.
really good job
Home-Based Educator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 7, 2016
everyday is an experience when dealing with families and their children.management was great with this company.my co- workers were all very good people.the hardest part was recruiting families for the program. the most enjoyable part of the job had to be working with the children.it gives me joy to see them having fun and learning.
Best job ive had so far
PCT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 2, 2016
Needs some work with the higher up management, Other than that best employer I've had. Incentive ancillary pay for PCTs now, just wish we could also do the core plus and commitment bonus contracts like the licensed nursing staff.
Pros
Overtime opportunities
Cons
Some poor management in certain areas of hospital
n/a
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 23, 2016
check the grills cooler for product then check the menu for what is for grill that day and make daily specials and any orders for special patient
A place that provides care, love and hope for sick children
Hospital Architect (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 13, 2016
For the all years that worked at ACH I was impressed the most by the staff to give the best care to children with all kinds of illness.
Resourceful atmoshpere and effective services available for the success of children and families in the surrounding areas
Child Life Internship (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72211May 26, 2016
Arkansas Children's Hospital was a phenomenal hospital that provided superb services and care for their patients and families. As a child life intern, I witnessed the effectiveness of the child life and education services, trained volunteers, made assessments, completed case studies, and encouraged age and developmentally appropriate play for the patients I served. These experiences furthered my ability to manage my time and prioritize my cases. I easily engaged in conversation and collaborated with my co-workers. We made a great team. The most challenging part of my job was not being able to serve every single patient and family that could benefit from child life services. The most enjoyable parts of my job were being the reason for a patient or family members smile and being able to make a difference in the lives of various people.
Pros
Child Life Month, Spirit week, various free lunches/snacks, diverse co-workers
Cons
older facility, beepers instead of a phone
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72202May 3, 2016
I enjoyed working here as a graduate assistant. My boss was flexible with my school schedule, which was a plus. Great work environment.
Productive and fun place to work.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 23, 2016
A typical day at work for me consisted of opening boxes of new inventory. Counting and assessing inventory for damage. Pricing and packing for shipment to the gift shop and stocking extra's on shelves. Receiving inventory into the computer.
people made the work place
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 20, 2016
I liked the people I worked with. I worked a lot of forced over time and a lot of call. Its not ideal for people with a family. The people made my time there enjoyable. They usually changed shifts in a days notice.
Pros
good health care and benefits
Cons
long hours, forced overtime, not a good work/life balance
Fair pratices
Inventory Assistant-OR Rec., (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 28, 2016
Growth and a diverse management team. What did I learn is that is hard to be considered for rehire. The most enjoyable part of my job was my immediate supervisor who is open minded and allow her staff to grow and input ideas.
Pros
breaks
Cons
healthcare
Great pay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 11, 2016
Extremely good pay for environmental service workers. Bonuses are received every three months based off of your porformance. The supervisors are very unprofessional, rude and did I mention unprofessional?
Pros
Great pay and bonuses every three months
Cons
Rude unprofessional supervisors
Great atmosphere
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 17, 2015
A typical day at work for me is always fast paste in addition to organizing and making schedules and assigning specific areas for members of my team to cover. Over the years i have learned that all personalities are different, there are ways to address these different personalities. There is a process in everything that is done as well as in decision making, and dealing or controlling things and enforcing specific behavior standards according to the organisations.The hardest part of my job is simply dealing with reps. the most enjoyable is meeting new people.
Pros
Working together as a team
best place to work
Unit Secretary-PICU, and ORTH (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 14, 2015
A very interesting place to work. Love working to improve the health of all the children. All of the staff are very caring people not to mention they give every thing they can to make the children feel love.
This is a great place to work
Security Officer-2 (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 3, 2015
I would start my day out patrolling the inside or outside of the hospital campus, respond to all codes, fill out accident, and incident reports, secure and unsecure doors, pickup bank deposits, and drop in the hospital safe. I learned CPR, CPI, FEMA training, and went through hospitals training program. My supervisors were understanding, professional, and great to work for. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers, I always knew they had my back whatever situation we had to go into. The hardest part of the job was working in the Emergency Department confiscating weapons, and contraband
that people were trying to get into the hospital. The satisfaction of helping people, that people felt safe when I was working.
Pros
Benefits, and salary.
Cons
none.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arkansas Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2