Arkansas Children's Hospital

Arkansas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place to work.
Physician's Continuing Education (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 10, 2015
ACH is a phenomenal employer. A perfect place for anyone who has a servant's heart to work. There is nothing more satisfying than helping children.
I enjoyed my job. I wished that I was able to do more.
Microbiology Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 30, 2015
I really enjoyed performing my job duties. I wish that I was allowed to do more by learning in the different specialty areas.
Medical Technology job
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock ARJuly 25, 2015
Medical Technology job interviewed with this company for an hour and a half. Not worth all of the hassle. Management team unorganized and never followed up with applicants with 15+ years of experience. 😈
Pros
Low pay
Cons
Parking sucks
Hospital does an excellent job keeping employees up to date on new policies and procedures.
RRT II (Current Employee) –  Little, Rock, ARJuly 24, 2015
Fast paced environment, Supervisors are very helpful, Must stay on top of constant changes within hospital and the Respiratory Dept., Love working with the children
A very busy and flexible work place.
Child care worker (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 22, 2015
A place where you can make a difference in the lives of so many children. If you want to work overtime it is definitely possible.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
career advancement opportunities are slim
Great Place to Work
Patient Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 11, 2015
A typical day at work: Providing Care, Love and Hope

What I have learned: Having patience is a must!

My co-workers: ROCK!

The hardest part of my job: Watching the children suffer from pain.

The most enjoyable part of my job: Seeing the smile on the patents faces when their child is on the road to recovery.
Pros
Awesome people!
Cons
Pricy food
Arkansas Children's Hospital
Patient Information Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 5, 2015
Working in the clinical setting is rewarding to me. I take pride in helping patients and their families in whatever way I can.
Very busy place to work
ROI clerk (Current Employee) –  Medical RecordsMay 29, 2015
I enjoyed working for the Malcom Law Firm. They always have work going on and very challenging. People contact could be better but the pay and benefits are wonderful.
Pros
good pay
Cons
work alot of ot
Productive hospital
Stat Team (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 2, 2015
My typical worked day consit of transporting patients to different appointments inside the hospital. I learned that no matter what some people are going through in life it's not as bad as we think it is until you have to see children going through and dealing with different illness is their lives. Some of my co-worker were very easily to get along with and there were some who like make your everyday life not so pleasant. The hardest part of my job was seeing the babies have to suffer. the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a smile on the children faces.
Pros
Seeing the patient been discharge to go home
Cons
Not see the children go home at all
Wonderful workplace.
Patient Information Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 22, 2015
It is a wonderful environment to work for. All staff members are friendly and are willing to help out everyone when needed.
Excellant workplace for the growing nurse
Registered Nurse IV (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 17, 2015
I have been at ACH for over twenty years. It is an excellent place to work. I love the team work that is shared among the co-workers and the management is identifiably amongst the best!
Pros
safe work environment
Cons
pay for the nurses with longevity in the company is less than desirable
It can be a fun work place at times.
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 7, 2015
A typical day at work would be busy. I learned to do all I can in my 8 hour shift and work well with others. Management is ok and my co-workers are good to work with. The hardest part of my job would be getting pulled to a different department while I still have work to do in my own department. The most enjoyable part would be making the best of my day as positive as possible while facing difficulties.
Pros
I like the benefits.
Cons
to many unexpected changes without notice.
Great Place to Work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 31, 2015
I am so blessed to be a part of the ACH team. I have worked in the PACU since June 2007. I have learned and grown in so many ways since I first began. I started off with no hospital or medical experience but I was given the opportunity to join the ACH team.I got hired on as a Patient Care Tech in the PACU. Some of my first duties were to learn the routine and flow of the patients, and learn how to properly assist the nurses and patients. I will never forget how many screaming and crying kids I seen that day! I really didn’t understand why they were screaming and crying like they were but, it didn’t take long for me to get comfortable and knowledgeable in my position and understand why.It’s been eight years since I started at ACH. Many employees have come and gone since I started in 2007, but I can honestly say I have learned something from each and every one of them. I am very thankful.
Pros
Great benefits, co-workers, being able to work with children, able to work as unit secretary
Cons
Long drive from my home in Hope, AR.
Great
Family Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 19, 2015
Great Place To Work. The focus on Care Love and Hope is shown through out the hospital. It is ACH focus to provide the best experience for patients and families.
busy medical office with lots of demands from patient families
Medical Secretary II (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 8, 2015
I work in in Physical Medicine and Rehab. There is daily paper work that is to be filled our for patients continually. Answering the phones re our patients and completing the task that has been accepted from us. I do outpatient billing and also. It is rewarding to know that a parent is satisfied with helping the patient and family ask they aready have challenges in their life.
Pros
discoount at gift shop
Great Place
Patient Care Tech in the Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Little Rock HospitalMarch 5, 2015
I love love love love Children's Hospital. What privilege to work for something so great. atmosphere was wonderful. NO complaints at all.
Great Place to work
hostess (Current Employee) –  little rockMarch 4, 2015
The hardest part of my job is seeing all the children in pain. They all are very strong though. I enjoy working with my coworkers, I love my job, just working on bettering myself.
Care, Love, Hope is ACH's motto.
Registered Nurse-Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 25, 2015
That is exactly what I provide- care, love, and hope. I have been at Arkansas Children's Hospital for almost 10 years, and I can honestly say I still enjoy my job. Working in the ED can be very physically and emotionally stressful at times, as well as very rewarding. I am a strong role model to my peers. I often team lead the department. As an experienced nurse, your nursing staff relies on you for prompt and correct answers. I am glad I can provide such comfort to my co-workers.
Excellent
SPN,RN III, Infectious Disease (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 18, 2015
I loved my job at ACH and did not intend to leave so soon but family needs intervened and I opted to leave my position to take care of my infant grandson so that my daughter, also an RN at ACH could work more and continue in her career. I miss the children and the environment!
Pros
benefits, family oriented, professional staff, and children served
Cons
nothing
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 26, 2015
Wish there was more support for nurse practitioners. Medical staff office was not very helpful.
But the children's hospital is amazing and a wonderful place to work.
Pros
wonderful people, amazing children's hospital
Cons
lots of meetings

4.2