Arkansas Department of Health Employee Reviews in United States

Good enough for government work
Environmental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Northwest ArkansasMarch 13, 2016
Job/career is stable. State legislature keeps cost of living raises minimal and has turned merit raises into small bonuses. You will not likely make above entry level under the current career pay plans. Any tools provided to you are usually inadequate because they were purchased from a lowest bidder and obsolete by the time the purchase was approved. It feels like most things are planned towards the average standards of 5-10 years ago instead of adopting technological changes that have been made in the last two decades.
Busy fast-paced medical office
HEALTH SERVICES SPECIALIST II (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARApril 21, 2016
On a typical day I answer patient phone calls, check patients in for appointments and gather information pertaining to the financial side of the visit. When the patient is finished with the appointment I check them out and take payment and schedule any follow-up appointment.
Traveling to homes was great
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJune 23, 2016
I had several clients out in the Cotter/Gassville, AR area. My clients brought me great joy and made working with them no less than wonderful. A typical day at work was the drive to work, client one: visit, clean, laundry, visit and leave. Client 2: she just wanted company, so we visited and made sure her personal care was complete daily. Client 3: I would prepare breakfast or lunch depending on the shift assigned, and I would assist in the shower and shaving, then my day would be done. I loved my clients. My co-workers and I didn't actually work together, so there's not much I can say. Management for the most part, was pretty good. They stayed on top of things. I did have an issue with one of the schedulers, but was taken care of in a peaceful manner. Traveling was fun, once I got to know the path I took daily. The hardest part is one of my clients treated me as the "maid" instead of a personal caregiver.
Pros
Set Schedule. Amazing clients.
Cons
Not many incentives. Scheduling issues.
Poor atmospher
Home Services Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 31, 2016
Horrible place to work for. Management is very clickish. They will work you off the clock and not pay you. Drove more hours then what was told to expect. Hateful nurses to work with.
paid well and that's it
Emergency Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 4, 2016
Paid well and learned alot. the only thing I dislike about this job was my coworkers. There was no comrade in sight there. great supervisor though
Case Manager
RN Case Manager/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Des Arc, ARNovember 17, 2015
Case manage 25 to 30 clients. Enjoy being able to take the time that is needed with each client in their home. I have learned many valuable traits about insurance and billing.
It's a fun and friendly place to work
Health Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 27, 2015
I start my day off by printing off schedule for the day. Signing in to all programs that we use. Calling clients up to review and recieve paper work to process for WIC. I have very nice and loving co-workers. The hardest part of my job is telling a client they are not eligble for WIC service because of there income. My most enjoyable day is getting to see the little babies and children and also being able to help clients we they need it.
ADH Review
Research Statistical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 11, 2015
During the time period working at Arkansas Department of Health gave me an opportunity to learn new skills and acquire additional training.
Pros
Promote wellness, nutrition and fitness
Cons
compensation
co workers
Administrative Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 16, 2015
The Health Dept. have a diverse group of people from various backgrounds. It is a very interesting place to work because you will meet people from other countries, cultures and it is wonderful.
Signed people up for medicaid and the affordable care act insurance
Insurance In-Person Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARSeptember 16, 2015
It was a typical desk job. I came in at 8am and worked until 4pm. I signed up clients for insurance on a walk-in basis. Management and co-workers were laid back, as long I as was productive.
Great Opportunities
Health Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 10, 2015
Great place to grow, develop, train, and advance. Great examples in leadership and great opportunities to learn and gain knowledge. Supportive managment and executives.
Stable Workplace
Health Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 20, 2015
I enjoy my employment and all the opportunities available. I have learned so much during my tenure here at the state government level and working in the Directors closely with Deputy Science Officer. He is full of history and knowledge. The challenges are always a stepping stone for me to learn and become better on my job and career path. I am seeking a similar employment to relocate.
Productive and a great Job to work
insurance Biller, customer service (Current Employee) –  little Rock ArAugust 6, 2015
I love working with the State of Arkansas.
I love the hours, The Retirment Plans, and co workers are enjoyable, easy to get along with. I have learned alot of different things within 9 years,
too many jobs
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wynne, ARSeptember 24, 2015
would be a nice job but at the clinic that I worked at you have wear too many other hats other than being the clinic nurse for such low pay.
No teamwork and poor managment!!
RN case manager home health (Former Employee) –  Heber Springs ARFebruary 19, 2015
I worked at this office and it was a total nightmare! One nurse is allowed to schedule team members to do all admissions and lengthy visits, and send team members on routes that are not even in the same direction! They can't keep the spot filled due to people becoming so fed up with the lack of teamwork and unfair workload resulting in hours of charting at home you won't get paid for!! The supervisor who should take the initiative to counsel said nurse and discuss equal workload (as you are all on salary) and sensible route.scheduling never addresses issues and is essentially spineless. She has no place in a supervisory role because she ignores all issues and allows bullying in the workplace.
Pros
sometimes flexible
Cons
uncompensated hours at home, poor teamwork, lackadaisical supervisor
Great place to work.
Health Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Star City, ARApril 2, 2015
A typical day at work consists of keeping fellow employees organized, customer services, payroll and scheduling. I really have to be organized and multitask.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No advancement
State
Health Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARApril 16, 2015
I loved this job but the pay is to little for the amount of work that we all preform. I enjoy helping others and this job is one where you are always helping others.
Pros
State Benefits
Cons
30 Minute lunch
Flexible work hours
Benefits Technician (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARSeptember 3, 2014
Constant workflow with an array of clients.
Spent a lot of time doing community outreach.
I learned how to deal with a variety of people.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to help someone who really needed assistance.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the gratitude of the people I was helping.
Pros
most days spent out of the office in community settings.
Cons
no benefits
Teamwork oriented and family friendly
In Home Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJuly 29, 2014
I've enjoyed the past six years with the Health Department learning about the healthcare world and office tasks. I feel it has helped me grow with the responsibilities I have been given in maintaining daily operations with little to no direct supervision at times. Management here is extremely helpful, realistic and always part of the team.
Pros
work hours, leave time, atmosphere
Cons
little room for advancement
Public Health Programs (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 10, 2014
Maintains statistical database(s) to track the results and validate the program for identifying patterns and variations in coding practices with regular reports to the medical staff and management.
• Other duties as assigned. Responsible for coordinating office activities, researching and preparing special reports, and developing, revising, and recommending administrative policies and procedures as directed by supervisor. Position Governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
pay