Arkansas Department of Health

Arkansas Department of Health Employee Reviews

Stable Workplace
Health Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 20, 2015
I enjoy my employment and all the opportunities available. I have learned so much during my tenure here at the state government level and working in the Directors closely with Deputy Science Officer. He is full of history and knowledge. The challenges are always a stepping stone for me to learn and become better on my job and career path. I am seeking a similar employment to relocate.
State
Health Service Specialist (Current Employee), Russellville, ARApril 16, 2015
Pros: State Benefits
Cons: 30 Minute lunch
I loved this job but the pay is to little for the amount of work that we all preform. I enjoy helping others and this job is one where you are always helping others.
Great place to work.
Health Support Specialist II (Current Employee), Star City, ARApril 2, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: No advancement
A typical day at work consists of keeping fellow employees organized, customer services, payroll and scheduling. I really have to be organized and multitask.
No teamwork and poor managment!!
RN case manager home health (Former Employee), Heber Springs ARFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: sometimes flexible
Cons: uncompensated hours at home, poor teamwork, lackadaisical supervisor
I worked at this office and it was a total nightmare! One nurse is allowed to schedule team members to do all admissions and lengthy visits, and send team members on routes that are not even in the same direction! They can't keep the spot filled due to people becoming so fed up with the lack of teamwork and unfair workload resulting in hours of charting at home you won't get paid for!! The supervisor who should take the initiative to counsel said nurse and discuss equal workload (as you are all on salary) and sensible route.scheduling never addresses issues and is essentially spineless. She has no place in a supervisory role because she ignores all issues and allows bullying in the workplace.
Very well balanced
In Home Services Specialist (Former Employee), Fordyce, ARJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: breaks
Cons: na
A typical day was very busy, and quite a bit of data entry. I learned a lot from this business. Management was great. I enjoyed this job.
Rewarding place to work--good balance of work and family life
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 9, 2014
Great place to make a difference in everyday life. Constantly learning new information about the impact the agency has on things that go unnoticed, from water safety to tobacco use.
ADH
HR Generalist II Recruiter (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: work life balance and benefits. great retirement package.
Cons: too much middle management
The organization/agency itself is wonderful, however it is middle management heavy which can be frustrating at times. Great benefits and work-life balance.
Flexible work hours
Benefits Technician (Former Employee), El Dorado, ARSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: most days spent out of the office in community settings.
Cons: no benefits
Constant workflow with an array of clients.
Spent a lot of time doing community outreach.
I learned how to deal with a variety of people.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to help someone who really needed assistance.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the gratitude of the people I was helping.
Teamwork oriented and family friendly
In Home Services Clerk (Current Employee), Hot Springs, ARJuly 29, 2014
Pros: work hours, leave time, atmosphere
Cons: little room for advancement
I've enjoyed the past six years with the Health Department learning about the healthcare world and office tasks. I feel it has helped me grow with the responsibilities I have been given in maintaining daily operations with little to no direct supervision at times. Management here is extremely helpful, realistic and always part of the team.
i loved helping the elders
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Helena, ARJuly 22, 2014
Pros: helping others
Cons: when one of your patients dies or moves
this company was new to me i got a chance to help others and learn so much from being around the elders
Health Services Specialist II
HEALTH SERVICES SPECIALIST II (Former Employee), Dumas, ARJuly 3, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: messiness
Enjoyed working here for 4 years
Off Weekends and Every Holiday
enjoyed working with the public
Public Health Programs (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 10, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: pay
Maintains statistical database(s) to track the results and validate the program for identifying patterns and variations in coding practices with regular reports to the medical staff and management.
• Other duties as assigned. Responsible for coordinating office activities, researching and preparing special reports, and developing, revising, and recommending administrative policies and procedures as directed by supervisor. Position Governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
Decent
Trauma Registry Specialist (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 9, 2014
Pretty stable environment to work in. You are working hard to help keep Arkansas healthy.
Good Job
Benefits Technician/ IPA Guide (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARMay 19, 2014
Good working atmosphere. I had a job that was contracted out for certain amount of hours, with little chance of being extended.
Great
Benefits Technician (Former Employee), Searcy, ARMay 13, 2014
Excellent place to Work and Coworkers there were very friendly. I would do it again in a heartbeat!
Data/Quality Manager HIV Ryan White Program (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 21, 2014
Rewarding work working with administering a health care program for HIV+ persons.
N/A
Benefits Technician (Current Employee), El Dorado, ARFebruary 18, 2014
Great environment and friendly staff. weekends off and paid holidays.
Became passionate about Tobacco Prevention of Youth
Health Program Analyst, Youth and Schools (Former Employee), Div of Tobacco Prevention-Little Rock, ARDecember 18, 2013
Pros: i was a part of changing laws to save lives.
Cons: management made promises that they could not or would not keep.
The work was very informative. I was given ample training and allowed to work independently.
program coordinator/health specialist II
Agency Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARNovember 7, 2013
provide technical assistance on education of health and disease within and outside the state of Arkansas. Education provided to those of faith-based communities, organizations and state agencies on chronic disease prevention and education. Travel within and outside of the states.
I work in a great atmosphere among great people. Im just looking to move up.
Health Service Specialist II (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARSeptember 17, 2013
A typical day at work for me is answering the phones and and making sure each client gets in contact with the correct person who can better aide them with their needs. My co-workers on my job are easy going and I get along with them all very well. The most enjoyable part of my job is that my supervisor does not micro manage he lets everyone get their job done at their own pace.