Arkansas Department Of Human Services Employee Reviews

Foster Parenting
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 26, 2017
This is where my heart is. I love helping kids and their families find their way when things get messed up in their lives. So many children need someone to love, guide and protect them.
Good Company
Family Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eastend office Little Rock ARJuly 25, 2017
Good Company, very professional. Although the work load was at times a little tedious the work was satisfying. At the time that I worked for them they could have used a few more people to satisfy the needs and demands of the clients.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
At times the work load could be a bit tedious
Not the best job
Program Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJuly 25, 2017
The agency needs revamped. There is no consistency. Constant policy changes and clarifications. Seemed to be weekly. Their own guidelines don't even follow the federal guidelines. The only good thing was that sometimes we had parties and there was food.
secretary skills my first typing experience
File Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 17, 2017
I filed confidential document for many Institutions and the companies of the State of Arkansas, I also answered the phone calls and directed them to the proper departments
i dont remember
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 6, 2017
it has been so long since I have worked here. not sure to why indeed would want someone to think back so far and try to remember. but I do remember I worked with a bunch of great people
Productive and enjoyable experience, I learned a lot of this job and made life long friendships.
Administrative Specialist Ex-Help (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJuly 5, 2017
The provided me with a great experience to enhance my job skills and develop and understanding of the processing Medicaid applications. I was able to enhance my job skills by reviewing applications, customer services while working the front desk greeting clients and completing office logs. The job culture was diverse and positive.
Pros
Continual leaning environment from seasoned staff.
Cons
N/a
Great Benefits
Residential Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 28, 2017
State job. Pretty good benefits. Definitely have to be a people person. Hours are long but rewarding to help those in need of the resources you can provide. Awesome company for long term career.
Budget Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 28, 2017
Work with divisions budget on a daily basis
I learned a lot about the state budgeting process
the culture here is based on getting the work out with minimum errors
The hardest part of the job was getting everything done during budget season.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting through budget crises
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
non
Unprofessional
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 17, 2017
Management needs to be replaced. This place is a revolving door and so unprofessional. Management spends there time in daily meetings. Communication is terrible
Worst place to work!
LOAA & PA (Former Employee) –  Marion County, ARJune 14, 2017
Supervisors have NO professionalism whatsoever, stress levels are extremely high. You have no help from supervisors & the love to dump their jobs on you then take credit for it. If you hate extreme drama this place is NOT for you. No matter how well you do your job they will find fault in everything that you do on an everyday basis.
Pros
Paid leave
Typical Government Agency
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 31, 2017
While I loved the specific work that I did, the overall atmosphere did not support productive employees. They would often let employees retire and move the workload to over productive employees with no additional compensation without replacing the employee who had retired.
Pros
Government Benefits
Cons
No compensation for added responsibilities.
Something different everyday
Rcss (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 22, 2017
This is a great place to work if you want a career, always opportunities to move up, you get to help people who can't help themselves, the people you care for looks up to you
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 17, 2017
This really varies from section to section, some sections are wonderful, others horrible. It took 3 mnths for my paycheck to be corrected. Money was being taken out for insurance but the paperwork was not sent to the company (I did not get the money back yet was unable to use the account until just before I left). Procedures change frequently, often multiple changes in one day. I was lied to about the job in the interview. I was led to believe "flex hours" were available but when I asked after starting, I was told it was only for parents. I was given no orientation. Asking questions about job tasks was strongly discouraged and stated to be part of "not being a team player." (I trained new employees in another job and know that is "hog wash!") Reasonable accomodations were not given for a mild disability despite my repeated requests. Training was very "hit and miss" and often contradictory.

There's some very good employees, but way too much red-tape to feel you are doing much good. It seemed like management spent more time changing procedures than managing the various services the agencies oversees. The agency seems to be far too big to be efficient.
Pros
Some of my co-workers were very nice.
Cons
Way too big to be efficient.
Fun workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 7, 2017
There's room for advancement. They help pay for your work related schooling. A lot of overtime . Biweekly pay. Great benefits. Located at the heart of the State's capital city.
Pros
No micromanaging
Cons
Poor pay
Excessive stress, no help from Management
Local office Administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 2, 2017
When I started, this seemed like they would be perfect. It quickly became a nightmare of work overload, miserable working conditions and getting shafted by upper management on job duties. No one I work with is happy and turn over is high. The benefits suck, too. I can't afford the health insurance on my salary but they pay me just enough so I can't qualify for state medicaid either. If I knew then what I know now, I never would have taken this job.
Pros
Stable hours
Cons
stress, poor management, excessive workload, no advancement
intense caseload - must enjoy staying busy
Case Manager/Program Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 27, 2017
Good fit for an individual willing to work with the most vulnerable and less fortunate in the community. Casework is heavy - the county processes more in all the counties combined
Working here was not worth it
Documents Examiner II (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, ARMarch 15, 2017
I worked in a place that tried to stop advancement and when it was reported, they just covered it up. The supervisor was manipulative and had an ugly spirit. Its all about who knows who here.
Hardwork required
Family Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 6, 2017
Any position with this agency requires hardwork and compassion for the people you work with. You have to have a love for the work. It will be difficult but also rewarding.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Hard to find balance between work and personal life
Family Service Worker
FSW (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARFebruary 5, 2017
I've been a FSW for six months and it has been a roller coaster. Once I find a new job I'm leaving. This job is for a single person, with no children. It's very demanding and will spill over into your personal life. My coworkers are amazing, and we work together to get the job done. I typically work 12-14 hour days. The caseloads are high, and the work is impossible. The most rewarding part of my job is helping the children. It could be a great place to work if there were enough staff and a balance workload.
Pros
The children
Dco
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 1, 2017
Great Benefits and retirement pension plan is worth the wait. Various work titles from client service, medicaid compliance, Medical Review Team, or clerical intake worker.