Arkansas Department Of Human Services Employee Reviews

State Job
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Heber Springs, AROctober 15, 2017
This job did not have guidelines or handbooks for the employees as the job profile is constantly changing with every new state and federal law, so it is difficult to recommend a job like this to any one who needs any guidance
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Job Overview
Resource Worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 9, 2017
There are many roles to pay at DHS. Regardless the job is not easy. There will be many long and stressful days. Often times it is a thankless job. You will see and experince a lot of sad things. But its all worth it for those moments when you helped bring a family together. It’s worth it when you helped put a smile on a child’s face. Its not easy but its worth it.
Pros
Helping children and families
Cons
Stressful and can be sad
Relaxed and fair
Program Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lonoke, AROctober 5, 2017
DHS is strictly to provide services to the public and those in need. This job was both rewarding and important. Each client and case was unique. The only downside was management.
Stressful
Program Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  ArkansasSeptember 24, 2017
The workload was stressful but I enjoyed the people that I had worked with. We worked as a team. It was a good place to work for and it was rewarding at times.
Environment that encouraged teamwork.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 21, 2017
The Arkansas Department of Human Resources supported teamwork and the development of creative methods to support uninsured and rural populations in Arkansas.
Pros
Teamwork
Administrative
Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 29, 2017
Great training service. Awesome people to work with and excellent work days. This company provided me great knowledge to go on with my future career goals.
Highly stressful , limited manager support
Program Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 27, 2017
Limited management support, only wanted productivity,
System set up where raises were subjective to if the manager liked you or not.it was not equal.
Pros
State holidays
Cons
Always pushing for more work to be completed even though we had highest numbers in the state . 36, 000
The company has given employees raises
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 18, 2017
The categories that people were grouped into has placed some people into lower paying categories. Overall, it was great to see the state employees fibally getting a well deserved raise
Pros
The variety of work that one did each day, meeting a lot of people from all walks of life
Cons
Some pay was not sufficient for the amount of work that one did
Met expectations of an understaffed area of state agency providing a much needed resource for an otherwise threatened population.
DDS Waiver Specialist/ DCO Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 10, 2017
Enjoyed working with citizenry of various rural counties. While systems were under constant modification, my organizational skills allowed me to master my tasks and pursue additional specialized attention to individual client challenges. The pressures of the position yielded a moderate turnover of staff, resulting in unpredictable fluctuations of caseloads.
Pros
Generated strong relationships with clients, their families, and other stakeholders in their services.
Cons
Nominal compensation; required travel not reimbursed.
Challenging
Family Service Worker I (Former Employee) –  Wynne, ARAugust 9, 2017
Arkansas Department of Human Services is a challenging place to work. There is opportunity for growth. Staff works together as a team to provide the necessary services to the community.
Pros
health care
Cons
supervision is not always equal
independent working atmosphere
Assessment / Interview RN (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 31, 2017
Nurses are independent in scheduling patient and it creates a great working atmosphere. The clients are appreciative of all help and very friendly. The nurse schedules according to demand of client availability and needs.
never boring
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJuly 31, 2017
You never know what you will be doing on any given day. We may have taken a hold with 6 kids the night before who need clothes and food. Heart breaking after a while.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Keeps you awake at night worrying about the poor kids
Foster Parenting
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 26, 2017
This is where my heart is. I love helping kids and their families find their way when things get messed up in their lives. So many children need someone to love, guide and protect them.
Good Company
Family Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eastend office Little Rock ARJuly 25, 2017
Good Company, very professional. Although the work load was at times a little tedious the work was satisfying. At the time that I worked for them they could have used a few more people to satisfy the needs and demands of the clients.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
At times the work load could be a bit tedious
Not the best job
Program Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJuly 25, 2017
The agency needs revamped. There is no consistency. Constant policy changes and clarifications. Seemed to be weekly. Their own guidelines don't even follow the federal guidelines. The only good thing was that sometimes we had parties and there was food.
secretary skills my first typing experience
File Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 17, 2017
I filed confidential document for many Institutions and the companies of the State of Arkansas, I also answered the phone calls and directed them to the proper departments
i dont remember
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 6, 2017
it has been so long since I have worked here. not sure to why indeed would want someone to think back so far and try to remember. but I do remember I worked with a bunch of great people
Productive and enjoyable experience, I learned a lot of this job and made life long friendships.
Administrative Specialist Ex-Help (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJuly 5, 2017
The provided me with a great experience to enhance my job skills and develop and understanding of the processing Medicaid applications. I was able to enhance my job skills by reviewing applications, customer services while working the front desk greeting clients and completing office logs. The job culture was diverse and positive.
Pros
Continual leaning environment from seasoned staff.
Cons
N/a
Great Benefits
Residential Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 28, 2017
State job. Pretty good benefits. Definitely have to be a people person. Hours are long but rewarding to help those in need of the resources you can provide. Awesome company for long term career.
Budget Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 28, 2017
Work with divisions budget on a daily basis
I learned a lot about the state budgeting process
the culture here is based on getting the work out with minimum errors
The hardest part of the job was getting everything done during budget season.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting through budget crises
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
non