Arkansas Department Of Human Services Employee Review

View all Arkansas Department Of Human Services reviews

Too much politics interfere with ability to do job
FSW Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 3, 2013
DHS/DCFS is filled with very dedicated and idealistic people. The mission of the agency is to help strengthen families and protect children. However, there are many dynamics involved in that mission. I recommend that you understand that it is very unlikely that you will make this job a long term career. The constant stress leads to a high turnover rate that adds to the stress of the job. A lack of placements available for teenagers results in a lot of long nights and much time spent on the road away from you family. Then you have to balance the demands of the agency, your clients, and the juvenile court. And that is just the beginning!
Pros
Lots of good co-workers, helping people, fast paced, everyday is different
Cons
Low pay, long hours, on-call, when things go wrong, (and they do frequently) the administration is quick to look for someone to blame and fire

Other Arkansas Department Of Human Services Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working there
In-house Counsel (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 12, 2017
Caseload was insane but collegial environment and availability of management made the job as easy as it could be. Not much room to advance within the Office of Chief Counsel but opportunities to move to other divisions within the agency.
Excellent job
Program Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Danville, ARDecember 5, 2017
Very satisfying work. I would highly recommend it. I am only looking for career advancement or I would not be looking. We provide life improving and often life saving services to our clients that enable them to stay in their homes safely and still receive the services they need.
Pros
Client service
Cons
large caseload