Arkansas Department Of Human Services Employee Review

View all Arkansas Department Of Human Services reviews

DHS Investigations Division
SIU Public Service Investigator (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, Washington County , Benton CountyJanuary 31, 2014
Okay this Place is B-O-R-I-N-G the work load is impossible to complete. Average 40 cases per week Never ever ever Stops being depressing. Every worker at the Office lives in Fearof being Fired . You area At will Employee for the State and you will not make enough money to support your family No matter what Job you get. I have never seen anything like it. Everyone hates coming to work, then you see people that are so badly in need of help that thanks to the reduction in SNAP not much you can do to help. You will cry every evening when you get Home. Take my advise, your better off even if you have to hold a sign and beg for food. Oh and the Great Benefits these other idiots are talking about will cost you $250.00 a month off your check and u still will pay $35 for a dr. Visit. Your take home will be $600.00 for two weeks. I had to leave before I hung. Myself. It is Hell if you apply dont say I didnt warn you. I dont care what job it is at DHS money is horrible, management iz Horrible and dont think you will help needy. You will be mandated to refer any and I mean any suspisions for a Investigation. Even if u know these poor souls need the money. Sad part most CW get excited denying benifets. Like i said its Hell And working there makes demons out of people.
Pros
Cons
Little rock supervisors

Other Arkansas Department Of Human Services Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working there
In-house Counsel (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 12, 2017
Caseload was insane but collegial environment and availability of management made the job as easy as it could be. Not much room to advance within the Office of Chief Counsel but opportunities to move to other divisions within the agency.
Excellent job
Program Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Danville, ARDecember 5, 2017
Very satisfying work. I would highly recommend it. I am only looking for career advancement or I would not be looking. We provide life improving and often life saving services to our clients that enable them to stay in their homes safely and still receive the services they need.
Pros
Client service
Cons
large caseload