Arkansas Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

Not recommended
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 15, 2017
Most employees are great. Management is awful and my manager in Radiology is clueless. All managers are puppets...just doing whatever they have to to hang on to their job. Patient safety issues brought to the attention of managers is ignored. Lunch break is non existent.
Pros
Good fellow employees
Cons
Bad management, expected to work through lunch, safety issues
Poor team work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 14, 2017
a typical day at work is hard and long
what i learned is how not to work as a team
management won't hire you if you bring your kids to the interview
the whole job was hard
Pros
a break room
Cons
short break
New graduate then good place to work
PCP (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 17, 2017
If you've never worked in a hospital environment before then working here would be good because it's a teaching hospital. As long as you stay on all of the nurses' good side then you'll do good; but if you do or say the wrong thing then they will find a way to get rid of you. Also it you are what they consider overweight, a PCP (cna), then they will make snide remarks about it.
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
Nit picking, don't like you if overweight
Positive work place
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 16, 2017
I absolutely love working for this company. Everyday was like a family reunion. Everyone got alone and would always be there for anyone in need of help.
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 21, 2017
Staff and families are very friendly. You will feel at home every time you go to work. Great management and workplace culture is inviting. Not a hard job.
I love my boss! Everyone treats each other like family!
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 14, 2017
This is an amazing job. I have worked here for almost a year including part time. I went from part time to full time in a matter of months and I love it. My boss is amazing. She always makes me feel like I am doing good at my job and that means a lot. She also always lets us know how much we are appreciated, which is not usual in many places.
Great nursing staff, great physicians
Clinical pharmacist working weekend option (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 16, 2017
Great nursing staff, great physicians
This is a fast paced , critical care environment . I feel that working here has made me a much better pharmacist. I enjoy working closely with the nursing staff.
senior tech was awesome
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 13, 2017
I was a student here so I was just learning how to adjust in hospital. the technologist were great and treated me with respect. I learned so much while I was there.
Great atmosphere, productive,
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 12, 2017
Great coworkers, great doctors, busy and on the job. Caring and great place to work. Gets along well with everyone. Love talking to the patients and caring about their needs.
Great Place To Work
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 6, 2017
Really enjoyed my time at the Heart Hospital. Great people and a great environment for exceptional patient care. Definitely centered around great patient care.
Great place to work, depending on which department youll be working in.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 11, 2016
I enjoy working at the Heart, however in the housekeeping department drama is all over the place and they tend to treat their staff like children! Some times you'll feel overwhelmed overworked and underpaid. Management is extremely "messy" .
Pros
clean hospital
Cons
Bad management and dramma
Great Review
Staff Nurse/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 11, 2016
I have enjoyed Indeed.com. It is a wonderful site. So, I posted a job on indeed, and got roughly 30 applicants, I love this site. I would recommend the site to friends and family
Pros
Cons
Wonderful and jobs are available at your fingertips
great place
Patient Accounts Specialist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72202June 22, 2016
Loved working here but had to move out of state. The people were all very friendly and kind. They went above and beyond for everyone of the employees.
Great team with great attitudes
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 16, 2016
I have enjoyed working at the AHHC as well as the AHH. I have been able to learn from amazing leaders and coworkers. Everybody always seems to be focused on doing the best job they can do, and take care of the patient's to their best abilities. A typical day at work is busy, sometimes multi-tasking, but very reasonable. I have learned so much about the cardiovascular system, operations/surgeries, and the recovery and relevance of many different types of patients. The hardest part of the job is hearing "code blue" overheard, and knowing that most patient's can be brought back with little difficulty, but there will always be some that are not savable. The most enjoyable part of my job are my coworkers. Whether it is helping me through a difficult day, or being goofy along side me, they are always there for me. This is a team that I would trust with my own life.
Very caring facility; wonderful people.
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 9, 2016
Good place to work; everyone very friendly and compassionate to patients needs. Quality of care above the average. Known nationally for their cardiac care.
Pros
Nice working atmosphere
Cons
Old MRI scanner
great
Assisting patients and guest (Current Employee) –  Heart, ARMarch 29, 2016
This is a good place to work with many opportunities for advancement. In addition, there are also several different avenues to continue education for those who desire.

Management works with you in regards to family issues and coworkers are always concerned about each other.
productive
RN PCCU/ICU (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 3, 2016
very high paced, learning facility. Great nurse. exceptional care. Never saw poor patient care that you do get in some other facilities.
Typical day at work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Heart, AROctober 30, 2015
Assess Medical-Surgical patients, administer medications, communicate with physicians, fulfill physician orders, diligently make safe, appropriate, and quick judgment calls.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Patient to nurse ratio dangerous
Job
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Heart, AROctober 24, 2015
Good company to work for. Great benefits for employees. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement in the company. Poor training
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 7, 2015