Arkansas Pediatric Facility Employee Reviews

nice work place, love the kids but the managment is not so good.
CNA , MA (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJune 13, 2017
picking the kids up and down every 2 hours. management was ok. had a lot of favortisim. hardest par of the job was being on time for everything. most enjoyable part was making the kids smile,
Pros
wear what we wanted one friday
Cons
short breaks
productive learning enviroment
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nlr, ARJune 6, 2017
when I first started working here, i didn't know what to expect. the environment was clean and friendly. I met some amazing people that really cared about their jobs and love the babies it was as if the babies belong to the employees I think the employees tink they are the parents
Pros
meeting great loving people
Cons
having to go home at the end of your work day
Great residence, affordable cafe, some-friendly people some-steer clear of
Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMay 10, 2017
The purpose of the facility is great, if your heart is in the right place it can be very fulfilling! Down side is that there is a lot of pettiness and what seems like immaturity with a power trip. If you are use to this environment and know how to stay out of the way of said cliques then it can truly be a good work place helping children! Otherwise i witnessed people overstep their professional boundaries more than once.
Private owned, cheapest bidder wins. Bad benefits
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARApril 7, 2017
Low budget to work with due to privately owned. No advancement opp. Unreliable staff. Revolving door type place. They do care for the children- but being involved with DHS and cruddy parents makes it hard to do anything..these kids are disabled and it is a maintenance type of nursing not saving.
Pros
Easy work- lots of med passes for nurses
Cons
Horrible insurance benefits
Your always on the move.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 24, 2017
It's a great job, and the work is very rewarding. The staff can be hard to work with. Overall the work is strainous. But rewarding.
It's CNA work, which is taking care of mentally and physically ill children from birth to 21.
Changing, feeding, and cleaning is what you could expect.
Loved the children
LST (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJanuary 4, 2017
The job itself was a great experience; however, the coworkers I worked with and the management provided was not a great experience. The environment was negative rather than positive.
Pros
The children
Cons
Management, coworkers
Facility
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  North, SCDecember 5, 2016
Love the kids, beautiful environment. Love the fact that they take time to make the facility feel like a real school and transitions to their home. Kind Spirits
n/a
LST (Former Employee) –  north Little RockSeptember 21, 2015
Give help them eat and put there clothes on and help them write and say there name and help them giving them-self bath we go outside an d play
Great place to learn and grow!
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARAugust 16, 2015
The most precious children I have ever had the opportunity to work with. Loved this job. It's very fast paced with plenty to keep you busy.
Pros
Perfect learning environment for new nurses.
Working with children with severe special needs.
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJune 26, 2015
Clients here are for the most part nonverbal and nonambulatory. This is a stressful environment to work in but can be very rewarding at times.
very fun place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Nlr, ARMarch 20, 2015
love the kids they are sweet and staff very friendly . and flexible hours. they do fun things for the kids .buy them clothes and treat the kids like family
Pros
can always use your p.t.o time
Cons
pay ok
Fun pace working with children with disabilities.
Life Skills Technician (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock ArkansasOctober 11, 2014
Waking up my assigned patients. Bathing feeding, grooming, and assisting them with lifts and transfers from their bed to their wheelchair.
Child Care Interaction
Life Skills Tech (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARSeptember 6, 2014
Hands on interaction with helping better physically challenged children gain more independence is the most enjoyable part of this job. Rather its teaching them how to feed themselves, how to walk, stand, dress themselves or positively interact with others. It can be very beneficial and life changing if you have the courage and heart to make a difference in a young child's life.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not enough pto
its a good job
Life Skills Technician (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, AROctober 17, 2013
I love working with the kids they are truly and reason to get up and come to work.
Productive and caring environment
Trainer (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMay 29, 2013
Took care of severally mentally and physically handicapped children by running educational programs with them that involved everyday life skills. I kept documentation of their progress and functions throughout the day. I placed them in different therapeutic chairs depending on their disability and what their program called for. The children lived at the facility so we bathed them and fed them.

I learned to care for these children and enjoyed helping them.

Management was caring when it came to the children and safety was important.

My co-workers were cheerful and caring people.

The hardest part of my job was when my children got sick and didn't feel well or seemed sad.

I enjoyed caring for the children and helping them.
Pros
Helping the children
Cons
Some of the children were contagious when they got sick.
I loved working with the children and the crew that I supervised during the weekend shift. Unfortunately, the upper management did not lead by example
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARSeptember 21, 2012
I absolutely loved working with my team on the weekend. We had such a strong sense of team unity and a willingness to help one another with no questions asked. We were a cohesive unit because of my unbiased, fair, and respectful leadership style. I worked my way up through two promotions so my colleagues knew that they could count on me to jump in and work just as hard when they needed me. Apart from the administration, the most difficult part of the job was usually getting all the kids ready to go home for the holidays. It was very hectic, but at the same time, they were absolutely worth it. I miss working with them very much.
A challenging joy to work with the children
LPN (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJuly 6, 2012
This facility house 55 handipap children with a wide range of disabilities. I have learned to take care of children with trachs, physical and mental disabilities, limited range of motions, and nonverbal. The hardest part about the job is all most all of the children are nonverbal and unable to tell you what is wrong or where they hurt. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the children and their needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arkansas Pediatric Facility. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8