Arkansas Support Network Employee Reviews

Arkansas support network
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Springdale, AR 72762February 4, 2018
working at Arkansas support network wasnt so bad besides the fact the management was poor i thought. but other than that was good place to work as far as being around the consumers
Amazing job and staff
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 23, 2018
They care about you and your family, the are very flexible and are willing to work around your schedule. They also love to see dedication and passion.
Great for helping people
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARJanuary 15, 2018
The joy I got from this job was being able to help other people! I looked forward to each new day in having the opportunity to make a difference in someone's life.
Pros
helping people
Cons
limited support if mistakes made
making sure consumer are well take care of
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL 2 (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 15, 2018
my typical day at work pick up consumer then redirecting them with every day of living and goals. the most of enjoyable about my job is the smiles on my consumer face when I leave for the day.
if your not good in with management good luck getting overtime.
Pros
pay is good/overtime/working only you and conmsuer
Cons
no communtintion with upper mangemnet/
Rewarding, but Stressful at times
Consumer Supports Provider (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJanuary 1, 2018
The job was rewarding, because you're working with unique, special individuals, but also stressful at times due to that. Communication with management was minimal as they were hard to get a hold of. Not much training involved, if any, outside of the classes on First Aid, etc.

The free classes were a plus because you could be certified in a couple of things this way. However, they were long and they made you take them all at once, so it was easy to forget. They did pay for the training, which was awesome.

The CEO was an awesome man with great integrity and care. They were understanding of personal circumstances.
Open schedule with customized availability
Care service provider (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARDecember 21, 2017
This was a good job that you have to have a good heart and strong mind for. If you enjoy helping people in need with everyday life this is the place for you
Pros
Flexible and fun
Cons
Some of the management
Little opportunity with loads of needs
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARNovember 1, 2017
My job at Arkansas Support Network was personally rewarding. It hardly paid anything for the work that was required. The best part was making a positive difference in the students' lives.
Pros
Cons
no job security
I loved this job and the clients I cared for.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Springdale, AROctober 10, 2017
This was an amazing experience for me. If you are not one who enjoys taking care of others this is probably not the job for you. I found it very rewarding helping and being of service to my clients.
Enjoyed working with people with disabilities
Csp2 (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARSeptember 17, 2017
Enjoyed working with people with disabilities and getting them out in the community and society you get training you don't have to have a CNA license but don't like it when they don't find you another consumer to work with when your done with another lack of communication skills
Pros
Get to enjoy working with people
Cons
No breaks
Arkansas support network
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARSeptember 15, 2017
Arkansas support network okay to work very stressful at times clients can become very hard to deal with but it's challenging I went to Lifestyles for a change in Pace
stressful
Personal caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 3, 2017
it seems like an easy relaxed job but you're working with people with mental and physical issues and it can be difficult. Some of the clients are rude and like to run away. You've really gotta find a good fit to enjoy the job.
Pros
can get many things done during the day w/ client
There are many appointments to attend which includes doctors appointments and counseling that keeps us going each day.
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springdale, AR 72764August 28, 2017
A great place to work with good people. I have learned to have more patience dealing with people everyday. I keep busy so that the day goes by fast. I kept my client active in the Community and helped to provide with resources to meet thir needs. I also assist with basic life skills to help them to become successful.
Pros
lots of training
Cons
new more staff
Rewarding
Medical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARAugust 15, 2017
A continual learning experience.
I love working with the individuals we support
I love working with Ozark Guidance Center.
I enjoy the balance of office and field work.
I enjoy meeting new people
Pros
Flexibility
Benefits
This is a good place to work for helping others with life choices, but the pay is not that good.
Community Support Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARAugust 10, 2017
This place provides services for disable kids and adults, it is a good place to work, and they have a good view of how serve their clients, but there is a lot of work that needs to be done.
Pros
Nice people.
Cons
Not enough pay for what you have to deal with.
Work declined.
Division Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARAugust 9, 2017
I started working for ASN as regular support staff but was promoted to house supervisor then assistant manager in my first month of working there. I worked 60-80 hours a week as was needed when the amount of staff was less then what we needed. I was also thrust into a position of maintaining my entire division without any substantial training on how to do so. Once we had the issues of positions sorted out and I had a trained manager above me my hours were cut drastically and the work environment turned toxic so I put in my resignation.
Pros
Health care, paid sick days
Cons
hostile work enviroment, no PTO in first year
asn
Professional Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 7, 2017
very stressful... needs immediate attention with managing staff towards first entries. you take care of very needful consumers who you basically risk your life with people who have all kind of problems relating to suicidal attempts severe depression ,sckizanphrinia
Pros
pay with overtime
Cons
patients untrained intution
It was a good and fun work place
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 11, 2017
Everybody was very nice and still keep in touch with me after years. i was takin care of less fortunate children and making sure they took care of there chores.
productive at helping people, uplifting, enjoyable job
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJune 16, 2017
checking in
checking, and administering medicine for the consumers
taking care of household bills, and chores ,and cleaning for consumers. scheduling appointments, and transporting consumers to appointments.
every week scheduling different meals, and activities, ect. culture relaxed like family
enjoyed being a positive part of someones day.
Taking care of individuals with disabilities
Supportive Living Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ArkansasJune 7, 2017
I love working here I wouldn't trade it for the world. If a company where you can make a difference in someone's life. You get to show them the things that they probably never seen before. You get the care for someone who other people might have forgotten about.
Direct Support Professional
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARMay 31, 2017
I Love My Job, Its exciting and I love working with my patients. The hardest part of my job is working overnight and not being with my family. I've learned to be patient with my patients and a typical day at work is usually a breeze and doesnt last too long.
Pros
Days
Cons
Overnights