Arkansas Tech University Employee Reviews

Arkansas Tech
School Project (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 26, 2017
I graduated from Arkansas Tech University in Dec 2016. My major is Business Data Analytics. I love Tech, I learned a lot in Tech. I am good at data mining and build data models.
Good place to get one on one working experience
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMarch 11, 2017
Worked with Students to help gain knowledge of accounting functions and rules. Helped with understanding problems and different ways to obtain the answers based on learning styles.
Convenient for a college students schedule and relevant future job experience
LABORATORY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARFebruary 26, 2017
My job here was to oversee labs that took place weekly. I was to maintain safety, aid students in operating equipment and performing experience as well as grade all formal lab reports and prep chemicals, tools, equipment, and machinery. I supervised fifteen or more students of undergraduate level on my own each lab, and graded three of these sections totaling fifty or more reports weekly. The only two issues I had was that the person in charge of payroll tended to not want to pay for certain amounts of hours regardless of the fact that work was done in those hours, and that most of my work carried over into home life and took time away from my own studying.
Pros
convenient location, job related experience
Cons
low pay, carry over into home life
good
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ARFebruary 14, 2017
i enjoyed working for the university while i was attending college to attain my own degree. the hours worked well for me and the pay was good
this is a great place to work
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 30, 2017
Great place to work and grow, Awesome opportunity for anyone looking to get into law enforcement. Friendly staff, supportive staff and supervisors, Safe campus and full of fun and excitement.
Pros
free lunch on 1st and 2nd shift
Cons
no free lunches on the over night shift
A relaxed work enviornment suitable for a busy engineering student.
Technology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 12, 2017
My time at Arkansas Tech University's technology center has been a blessing. The job is not often demanding of my time to stay busy from the time I clock in to the time I clock out. With it being a work study position, I am able to complete homework on the job during my down time which allows me to keep up to speed on school work, even while I am at my job.
Great Institution
Student (Current Employee) –  Ozark, ARDecember 15, 2016
At Tech they have great knowledageable instructors. With a comforting environment and nice clean dining hall. In an overall view it is the best value for the education.
A good way to get research experience
Assist fellow student (Former Employee) –  ArkansasDecember 8, 2016
Easy to work into your college schedule. Professors were very helpful to answer any questions. Great experience to speak in front of university board.
Pros
paid internship
Tech Fit
DESK WORKER (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARDecember 7, 2016
A typical work day at Tech fit required getting to work 15-20 minutes early to get the gym all set up and make sure everything was in tact for the members. In 4-5 years, i learned a lot about the equipment and how to correctly use the machines.
Work with great people
Admin Spec III - Night Shift Super (Current Employee) –  ArkansasNovember 22, 2016
Students are great and so are the staff and faculty. Flexibility with needed time off. Vacation and sick time accrue monthly from date of hire. Off during Christmas break.
Great University atmosphere.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARNovember 11, 2016
Great University atmosphere with helpful and understanding co-workers and bosses. You learn to relate and accommodate students, so they can get the best outcome out of the university settings.
Awesome Working environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Russellville, AROctober 7, 2016
I have learned good working etiquette with teamwork.
I also learned how to work with precision.
the hardest part is when working without unified effort
Fun while on the job
Server (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARSeptember 26, 2016
Typical day at work starts out hectic, but will eventually calm down.

I have learned how to juggle multiple demands, and how to talk to different types of people.

Management is amazing. Always willing to help all they can.

I enjoy seeing and knowing my guests had an enjoyable time while I was serving them.
I did what needed to be done
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARAugust 29, 2016
A typical workday as a grad assistant for ATU included me editing several documents, filing paperwork, and supervising the student undergrad workers. My supervisor was my primary professor and she was awesome. I didn't have much in the way of coworkers though. The hardest part of the job was when I would have several things on my workload in addition to my own student responsibilities. The most enjoyable part was working with my supervisor. The pay was below standard but they also reimbursed my tuition, so that was the trade-off.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great supervisor, great way to learn new skills
Cons
Heavy workload at times, low pay
Arkansas Tech overall is a wonderful company to work for! I thoroughly enjoy my job and the people that I work with!
Administrative Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 13, 2016
Arkansas Tech's atmosphere is a very calming, welcoming campus and place to work for. It's diversity and acceptance of all generations, ethnicities and cultures is awesome! I have held several different positions here at Tech and enjoyed them all.
Pros
Benefit packages, Great atmosphere, Great people
A great job for a student
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJune 23, 2016
While working for Arkansas Tech University I would perform basic office duties in between my studies. In the office customers came first but homework was shortly followed and it allowed me to become a better student. The management were all great people and treat every employee as a young adult, I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
Good connections
Cons
only allowed 28 hours as a student
HR position was good, but managment was not structured
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJune 14, 2016
Loved my job in HR and the people I worked with, but the management team was not structured and did not progressive look for ways to improve the HR dept.
Pros
Helping employees and welcoming them to ATU
Cons
Management/since has changed!
Great place to work.
Student Worker for the Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMay 17, 2016
Everyone in the department I worked in was always so nice and were great people to work with/for. It was also a very positive environment to work in,
Work Life Balance
Administrative Specialist I (Current Employee) –  ArkansasApril 21, 2016
I have worked at ATU in two different positions and have enjoyed my time there. I have had 3 wonderful supervisors and truly enjoyed my role with ATU. I love the students, the faculty and the family atmosphere of working there.
My only negative would be the salary of the staff. The grade levels of the administrative specialists are not commensurate with the employee's qualifications, but with the responsibilities of the job. Many times, there is far more expected than the qualifications of the job reflects.
I love my job and the difference I get to make in students' lives, but since there is no opportunity to move upward or to make more money, it has forced me to look for other opportunities.
Overall, it is a good place to work, and the new president is making GREAT strides to improve both infrastructure, technology, opportunities, and the climate of the university as a whole. She is so good for this university.
Pros
paid health insurance, low rates on other benefits, tuition discount, free tuition for employee
Cons
low salary, no ability to make more income, no telecommute positions
Good parts and bad parts.
Resident Assistant / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 18, 2016
Cons with Tech is that you almost have to know someone to get hired. They are BAD at favoring. They'll promote based on favoritism rather than performance unfortunately, which means people don't show up or do a horrible job and still don't get fired. They also change their RA pay and rules just about every semester, making it stressful to know what to expect or if you'll get the raise you were promised.

Pros They will work with your schedule. Really the jobs are easy, and if you get a good RD as an RA then you'll have a lot of fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arkansas Tech University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5