Arkansas Tech University

Arkansas Tech University Employer Reviews

Work with great people
Administrative Specialist I (Current Employee), Russellville, AROctober 30, 2014
Pros: great insurance and 401k
I enjoy my coworkers and love to help my students in any way I can.
Excellent employer
Leadership Franklin County Director (Current Employee), AROctober 2, 2014
Pros: allowed to work independently.
Typically, I work in an office from 8-5. Job duties included paperwork relating to grants for industry partners who wished to secure training for their incumbent workers. The management of this institution is exceptional. They really do make you feel like you are valued. All of the co-workers have positive relationships and are pleasant to fellow employees and students. The hardest part of the job is being sedentary on days with little work load.
I enjoy the community interaction that my job offers, as I attend local community chamber meetings.
Healthy Enviroment
Graduate Assistance at Arkansas Tech University (Former Employee), ARAugust 31, 2014
• Observation and review of hospital policy and procedures for management of emergent patients and situations.
• Participating in daily process of operations in both Emergency Department and the Disaster Management department.
• Observation and discussion with health information system, Business office and their involvement in Emergency situations.
• Discussion with Quality/Risk, safety/ security officers and their role with emergency management.
• Observation and discussion with Central supply regarding logistical securement for emergency situations.
• Worked with emergency department leaders in inventorying and storage of disaster supplies.
• Provides direct verbal translation between medical staff and patients in order the best care outcomes can be achieved.
Friendly co-workers/managers
Student Worker/Secretary (Former Employee), Russellville, ARAugust 31, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: 20 hours a week
I would come in between classes and perform secretarial duties; filing, customer service, scheduling, etc.
Good learning experience and resume builder
Tech Video Crew (Current Employee), Russellville, ARAugust 29, 2014
We would film Tech sporting events and learn to troubleshoot and run various production equipment.
Great School
Full Time Student (Former Employee), Russellville, ARJuly 9, 2014
Great school to earn a degree in geology. Good classes with tons of information. Knowledgeable and helping professors.
While attending Arkansas Tech, I enjoyed my classroom time very much.
Student (Former Employee), Russellville, ARJuly 9, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and learning new things.
Cons: paying back my student loans!
I approached the decision to attend college with the attitude that this was my future. I worked very hard at my classroom studies and enjoyed every aspect of attending classes on campus. Later it was necessary to finish classes online. The Professors and staff are extremely helpful and very knowledgeable.
Easy access flexible work schedule
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Russellville, ARMay 15, 2014
The typical day would be a setup of laboratory reagents and equipment to be used during the lab.
Always something fun to do
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Russellville, ARApril 28, 2014
Pros: consistent work environment, wonderful supervisor
Cons: not many hours available to work; not much pay
I worked as a TA in the chem labs -always a ton of fun. You knew exactly what to expect. Supervisor was the best! Grading lab reports is not something I'd like to do for the rest of my life, though.
Good Place to learn
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), ARApril 27, 2014
I love it because I learn so much from the people, and the environment.
Productive and fun loving job
Graduate Assitantship (Current Employee), Russellville, ARApril 2, 2014
The management is really good and helps us focus on our work schedule,if any problem, the managements really helps us to go through that situations in a smother way.Co-workers are helpful because they understand our work and try to help us when ever needed. Sometimes it's a bit tough to meet the deadlines of both academics and Job but i learnt to balance my life.I enjoy doing the job because it is not so stressful but flexible.
Cleaning 101
Institutional services assistant (Current Employee), Russellville, ARApril 1, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: they could pay better for what we have to do
A typical day at ATU is a lot of cleaning, dusting, sweeping, and just keeping it neat. I learned patience at this job and how to do different types of cleaning. The management at my level is very understanding about what we have to do on a daily basis. I only get to work with my co workers in the summer months, but enjoy it. The hardest part of the job is the repetitiveness and the most enjoyable is interacting with the students.
Excellent place to work
Health and Physical Education Faculty (Current Employee), Russellville, ARMarch 18, 2014
Great environment and vibrant University to work. Great mentors that will teach you skills you need to learn to succeed.
Very fun place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Russellville, ARMarch 4, 2014
Pros: coffee
Cons: not enough time in the day
I loved working at tech. The individuals I worked with were awesome.
Fun job with a lot of culture
Administrative Specialist I for ELI (Current Employee), ARFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: fun environment, interesting students, enjoyable staff
Cons: part-time position
A typical day of work is rare. Days always consisted of various jobs and tasks, usually different than the prior days. I learned how to create purchase orders, administer tests to international students, general administrative work, and gained more managerial experience. My co-workers were the faculty of the ELI program. They were great and loved teaching international students English. I had a great supervisor that showed me a lot of ways to be successful in our program. The hardest part of my job was teaching students as a substitute teacher. I have never taught a class before but it developed my speaking skills and challenged me. I enjoyed getting to know international students and their various cultures the most.
Fun workplace with great leadership
Office Assistant (Former Employee), ARFebruary 24, 2014
This job was a work study job that I had while I was enrolled in school. A typical day would include reviewing documents, printing/copying documents, answering phones, handling students concerns, filing student information, and running errands across campus. I mostly learned how to communicate with people verbally and electronically. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers as they were very friendly to work with and very helpful when I asked questions.
Great place to work!
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Russellville, ARJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: fun environment, great management
Cons: part time
I would come in to work at about 4:30pm. I was usually the first one to the tutor lab. unlocking and setting up the room was the first thing. Next I would wait for students, which never took long.

The management was great. Very helpful and a lot of fun.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with students upset with particular faculty staff members.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the co workers and studying mathematics everyday.
Awesome
Fiscal Support Analyst/Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Russellville, ARJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: no one hanging over your shoulder
I truly loved working at Arkansas Tech University. I love what I did, and the respect from other departments and co-workers.

I paid invoices, paid all travel for the campus, paid all organization check reimbursements, filing and speaking with vendors by phone and e-mail.

The hardest part of the job was having to leave it when we moved.

The most enjoyable part of the job was everything.
great place to work
Math Tutor and Grader (Former Employee), AROctober 27, 2013
Great university. Great professors. Great experience working there interacting with professors and students.
Great school
student (Former Employee), Russellville, ARSeptember 5, 2013
had a great time playing football and made some great friends. Great challenging professors who only want you to suceed.