Arkansas Tech University Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Special Events Coordinator/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARNovember 29, 2015
I love my boss and the people whom I work for! Very family friendly environment and can acquire your education while working for them.
Good Job
Digital Media Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARNovember 28, 2015
I worked for the University for 13yrs, was able to go back and get my degree and learn a lot about computers and instructional Technologies. the people I works with were very good at there jobs. but it was time for me to retire and let the younger people take over.
Pros
Home ever Night
Cons
Trying to keep up with new technolgy everyday
Great opportunity to invest in someone else!
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARNovember 15, 2015
A typical day as a math tutor at Arkansas Tech includes helping students who have any math related question. The job is a great opportunity to pour into others and help them achieve academic success. This is a great job for anyone who is very encouraging and has good math skills.
Monitoring and mentoring with the residents of the hall.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Russellville, AROctober 5, 2015
Monitoring the residents to make sure the guidelines of the University are being followed. Also be a mentor, to inform those who didn't know of opportunities for service in an effort to improve an individual's campus experience.
Pros
Improving personal relationships with various people.
Cons
Unexpected and unexplained situations arise.
Great position that not only taught me numerous skills, but also helped get me through school financially.
University Relations Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJune 25, 2015
Shooting and editing video content to tell the university was never a dull affair. I was in constant contact with students, staff and faculty of the university while working on various projects, giving the work environment a "family-like" atmosphere. Although the nature of the job requires work to be done in a timely manner, the experience was well worth it.
Quick on your feet
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJune 2, 2015
Arkansas Tech University is good at placing individuals in their field and assisting them in areas of personal and professional growth.
Good place to work and build relationship with teachers.
Administrative Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARApril 27, 2015
Work was generally fun. I did odds and end jobs for teachers and department staff. I was able to build relationships with teachers after transferring into the department for Spring 2015 semester.
Feels Like Home
Tour Guide Student Worker (Former Employee) –  ARApril 23, 2015
A typical work day began and ended with laughs. I was able to meet prospective students and their families and share with them the positive environment that Arkansas Tech provides. This experience taught me to give everything all of my energy and the importance of team work. We are all in this together.
Overall a great place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARApril 16, 2015
Management is great, job duties are not difficult. Does not have any type of advancement opportunities. Hardest part of job is maintaining a large building. Can work at your own pace.
Helpful colleagues
Graduate Assistant for Foundational Composition (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 25, 2015
The professors and other graduate assistants are helpful in giving advice on a variety of teaching methods and strategies for the education of students.
Nice atmosphere
Digital Media Services Student Worker (Current Employee) –  ARMarch 23, 2015
Typical day- Inventory, wiring Ethernet cables, Imaging computers, assisting instructors with lectern, Projectors. Troubleshooting.
Management- Great, if needed, I could schedule time off.
Co-workers- Usually great, different IT experience, I could learn from them and they could learn from me.
Hardest part- I had one boss that no one got along with.
Enjoyable part- Learning new things.
Pros
people
Cons
long days occasionally
Work with great people
Administrative Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Russellville, AROctober 30, 2014
I enjoy my coworkers and love to help my students in any way I can.
Pros
great insurance and 401k
Excellent employer
Leadership Franklin County Director (Current Employee) –  AROctober 2, 2014
Typically, I work in an office from 8-5. Job duties included paperwork relating to grants for industry partners who wished to secure training for their incumbent workers. The management of this institution is exceptional. They really do make you feel like you are valued. All of the co-workers have positive relationships and are pleasant to fellow employees and students. The hardest part of the job is being sedentary on days with little work load.
I enjoy the community interaction that my job offers, as I attend local community chamber meetings.
Pros
allowed to work independently.
Friendly co-workers/managers
Student Worker/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARAugust 31, 2014
I would come in between classes and perform secretarial duties; filing, customer service, scheduling, etc.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
20 hours a week
Good learning experience and resume builder
Tech Video Crew (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARAugust 29, 2014
We would film Tech sporting events and learn to troubleshoot and run various production equipment.
Great School
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 9, 2014
Great school to earn a degree in geology. Good classes with tons of information. Knowledgeable and helping professors.
While attending Arkansas Tech, I enjoyed my classroom time very much.
Student (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 9, 2014
I approached the decision to attend college with the attitude that this was my future. I worked very hard at my classroom studies and enjoyed every aspect of attending classes on campus. Later it was necessary to finish classes online. The Professors and staff are extremely helpful and very knowledgeable.
Pros
meeting new people and learning new things.
Cons
paying back my student loans!
Easy access flexible work schedule
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMay 15, 2014
The typical day would be a setup of laboratory reagents and equipment to be used during the lab.
Always something fun to do
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARApril 28, 2014
I worked as a TA in the chem labs -always a ton of fun. You knew exactly what to expect. Supervisor was the best! Grading lab reports is not something I'd like to do for the rest of my life, though.
Pros
consistent work environment, wonderful supervisor
Cons
not many hours available to work; not much pay
Good Place to learn
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  ARApril 27, 2014
I love it because I learn so much from the people, and the environment.

4.6