Arkansas Valley Regional Medical Center

Arkansas Valley Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible leadership
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  La Junta, COFebruary 23, 2015
This company has poor people as directors who cover-up mistakes of the under-performing employees and push their work onto the good workers exhausting their most valuable assets. They have had a large shortfall in the budget each year for the past two years and are not competitive in pay with the surrounding job opportunities.
Pros
flexible schedules, job/home separation
Cons
poor compensation, lack of good leadership
Often found that teamwork was not good
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Worked with ResidentsAugust 26, 2014
Was a CNA I did enjoy my job But then had a bad time. I did not get to defend myself I felt that they were unfair to me Best thing was the residents I really liked bonding with them the most. But after a bad time I was left with no choice. Worked years at this place and was difficult to have this on my record still. They did not support or respect me. Especially some employee who eyeballed me & intimidated me during incident. No support from fellow employees after incident. Hardest part was loosing all my benefits after so long a time.
Pros
great residents
Cons
bad ceo poor management no teamwork
Productive and good place to work, I feel that our residents were well cared for and moral was good most of the time.
LPN (Former Employee) –  La Junta, COJuly 10, 2014
The day started at 0600 with a report from the previous nurse on duty, assignments given to CNA's. Medication pass began almost immediately and went thru breakfast, monitoring the dining room assisting residents with their meals, and taking residents back to their rooms. Checking daily board for paperwork that needed to be completed, did treatments until about 1100. Glucose monitoring done and medication pass started again, monitoring the dining room,assisting residents with their meals thru lunch. After lunch charting was done on the computer and all other assignments completed that were given by the supervisor, medication given when ordered, during the day residents and family members voiced their concerns and were attended to in a timely manner, doctors were called if any information was needed to be given, orders carried out in a timely manner, charting in residents charting all pertinent information. At 1600 glucose monitoring and medication pass started, thru supper,assisting residents with meals, finished all charting and cleaned up for the incoming nurse. If an admission, discharge, or any other unexpected situation happened it was dealt with during the shift, for example a resident became ill and had to be transported to the ER, a resident passed away, a fall etc.Everyday is a learning experience, the supervisor was always very helpful and willing to assist in any matter. The co-workers for the most part were good, but there is always an exception and they had to be monitored more closely. The hardest part of my job was losing a resident and having to comfort the families.  more... I love my job, working with geriatric patients is very rewarding and to be able to give anyone a little bit of happiness during the day is worth it all. to know that they trust you and come to you with the simplest problem and know that you will deal with it and not judge or ignore them, knowing that to them it something important.  less
Pros
having a cafeteria, having a good relationship with all co-workers, and helping out when needed and being helped.
Cons
having to deal with co-workers that did not want to do their jobs.
Met wonderful residents
Dietary Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Junta, COJanuary 7, 2014
was kept very busy so it made time go by fast at work. I got to meet wonderful residents when working in nursing homes.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, had a lot of things to do at once
CNA review at AVRMC
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Junta, CONovember 13, 2013
A typical days work at Arkansas Valley Regional Medical Center is a pretty steady paced job. Allowing you to get done all that's needed for you shift. I learned a lot working here and the staff was always willing to help others. The hardest part of the job in my opinion was seeing residents pass away and being able to keep yourself together enough to get each and every situation taken care of. The managers are really friendly and easy to get along with, also very understanding.
Pros
cafateria to eat at on lucnh, benifits, and education courses.
fair
CNA (Former Employee) –  La Junta, CONovember 6, 2013
The company was good and understanding of my individual needs.
Great teaching
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  La Junta, COOctober 2, 2012
Great place to learn with great teachers who can show holistic care
enjoy the nursing field
certified nurse aide (Former Employee) –  lajunta coloradoJuly 10, 2012
i have been a nurse aide for 17 yrs....working in nursing homes...
Pros
love caring for people
Cons
can be stressfull at times
A Medical Faciity
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Junta, COJuly 8, 2012
Credentialing the physicians was an enjoyable job. I learned a lot from this job experience. Had a great supervisor. Deadlines were hardest but I did meet them all within the required time frame. The hardest part was getting cut 8 hours a week because of low number of filled beds.
Pros
free lunch and good fellowship
Cons
hours being cut on weekly basis
Very educational atmosphere
Phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  La Junta, COMay 24, 2012
Continual learning, wonderful patients, and extremely serious area of expertise.
Pros
education
Cons
horrible ceo
N/a
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  La Junta, COMay 11, 2012
Dead end job with no compassion towards staff the only good thing is the work hours.
Pros
work hours are good
Cons
like to fire staff, no staff work breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arkansas Valley Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.