ARKAY PACKAGING

ARKAY PACKAGING United States Employee Reviews

ware house work
Dye-Cutting /Stamping Operator (Current Employee), roanoke vaDecember 20, 2014
all employees are great to work for. management is horrible. i run a machine that blanks out cartons. i have to check them to make sure there good to send to customers. i load and unload trucks with fork lift
Top Management uses antiquated business models
Supervisor (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: somewhat good at what they do: folding cartons
Cons: egos of top managers. they really are living in the 1920s.
* Careful employment seekers, I know you would like employment to put food on the table but beware of Arkay Packaging. Your tenure could be brought to a quick and unexpected end. Arkay is not a long term opportunity, especially for front line supervision, planners, other salaried positions. Do NOT look at Arkay as an opportunity for a long term career.
Absolute top management has been with the company too long, were chased out of their home state, set up shop in a "southern" state so to manipulate the "Great Unwashed" southerners.
Company culture is not conducive for security. Moral is rock bottom through out the enterprise.
All the while, the owner and his immediate minions (VPs) fly in their Gulfstream jet (actual situation) Vacation in their personal boats, etc.
Yes, I am disappointed. But I am observant. Top Management is investing in "World Class" infrastructure (machines) but not in their own personal development. "Need money, off with their heads, even if the the victim has long term tenure and is central to enterprise flow"
Their heads are like concrete: All mixed up and permanently set.
I really liked my boss, and still do. He is genuine, but he himself is an outsider and will be tossed aside when the VPs need more $.
Enterprise culture will affect how you live your life outside work time, and Arkay's will be detrimental to you and your family's
Ok place to work, but not a lot of room to grow!
Prepress Operator (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYMay 19, 2014
Most work days started where the previous left off, there was a pretty steady flow of work. Jobs are completed using a program called Artpro which I learned on the fly when i started at Arkay. The line management was knowledgeable, approachable, and open to new ideas. For the most part co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was focusing on work, as the workplace is a noisy environment. The most rewarding part of the job, as with most jobs, is seeing the completed final product
Other reviews are spot on.
Sheetfed Offset Press Operator (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMarch 7, 2014
dont bother move on. manegment are morons who go through employees to save there selves. they will work you 12-16 hour days 5 days a week and not care about your home life.
Maintenance Department Technician
Maintenance Technical Support (Former Employee), VADecember 27, 2013
Pros: work environment, learning new programs
Cons: healthcare
Upon arrival, the maintenance department was in shambles. Having to set up a database to schedule maintenance supply system. Working with two other individuals to set up a system of inventory. I learned how to manage an entire parts department and re-inventory of all parts laying around. Plus, able to set up a new stock and old stock list.
Too many hours, and not enough benefits, no room for advancement
feeder/packer (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJune 2, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: too many hours, horrible benefits, and un-professional management
I applied for promotion and was assured that I was a canidate, however, management was fired for sexual harasment. Was also told that the company does not like to hire within and is unwilling to train.When I hired, I was told occasional overtime, and only worked one regualar workweek the entire time I was there. The last week that I worked there I worked 62 hours.
Lousiest place I ever worked. Don't go there !!!!
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Roanoke VAApril 8, 2013
Lousiest place I ever worked. Don't go there !!!!
Horrible culture !!!!
Productive work place
Press Feeder (Former Employee), Cloverdale, VANovember 7, 2012
Pros: a good learning experience
Cons: no breaks and bad management.
A day at work was 12 15 hours day on a press. I learn how to maintenance a press and also how to run a press feed the paper change rails, blankets. My co-workers it was a good experience with them i learned a lot from them.
Working are just pawns in a chess game
Off-site Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAAugust 13, 2012
Long days, terrible work environment, but great management team with compensation.