ARKAY PACKAGING Employee Reviews

Toxic Executives - This is Arkay - The North vs The South
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 31, 2017
The characteristic of a toxic leader is their narcissism. They are “all about” themselves. They view themselves as categorically brighter and more talented than anyone else around. As a result, they believe they are deserving of special treatment–the rules that apply to everyone else really are beneath them.

Toxic leaders consistently relate to others in a condescending manner, they take credit for others’ successes, and they manipulate others to ensure that they look good.

While they may appear successful for a while, over the long term, their attitudes and actions catch up with them. Trust and teamwork deteriorate: they have a high turnover rate, putting out fires, not improving processes, not creating empowerment of employees. No win situation.
Pros
Health Ins, Dental
Cons
Poor culture, High turnover, Poor moral
well it could be worse
Gluer Operator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 27, 2017
personally I did not like working here but I guess there are worse jobs. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the managers, they can be very demanding.
Pros
good climate control
Overall a good place to work with very good equipment and great customer base
Die Cutter Operator (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 26, 2017
Arkay Packaging does very high end cosmetic packaging with a drive for quality and consistant execellence in performance. It has been a pleasure to learn the latest in technology in equipment. The substrates are sometimes difficult to work with but there is a ton of experience among the staff to share ideas and methods.
Pros
new equipment
Cons
2nd shift
Professional
Production Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA 23606August 8, 2016
Dedicated Professional with Eleven Years Experience in Customer Service, Data Analysis, Training Employees, Education, and Management.
Management is my strong suit, I am experienced with working with managers, CEOs, and managers in getting company goals over-achieved.
Pros
Winning over vendors and customers
Awful management
Feeder/Packer (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 12, 2015
The supervisor was an inexperienced. Didn't know what he was doing as a manager. Lied to his employees. Favored employees differently. Overall not a good company with okay pay.
Pros
Benefits, pay, coworkers
Cons
Short breaks and unpaid lunches, bad management
Steady job with room for advancement.
Aerater (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 1, 2015
A typical day is pretty busy and hectic. I have learned a lot of skills and how to operate multiple machines. The management is there to answer questions when needed. The hardest part of the job is having to pick up the slack for people that don't do their jobs on other shifts. I enjoy the people I work with on a daily basis.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Pay
Okay for an entry level job
Feeder Operator (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 11, 2015
Alright but the pay is not advanced on a schedule and even if you excel they won't give a raise unless you give a two week notice. Then they'll try to keep you.
ware house work
Dye-Cutting /Stamping Operator (Current Employee) –  roanoke vaDecember 20, 2014
all employees are great to work for. management is horrible. i run a machine that blanks out cartons. i have to check them to make sure there good to send to customers. i load and unload trucks with fork lift
Ok place to work, but not a lot of room to grow!
Prepress Operator (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMay 19, 2014
Most work days started where the previous left off, there was a pretty steady flow of work. Jobs are completed using a program called Artpro which I learned on the fly when i started at Arkay. The line management was knowledgeable, approachable, and open to new ideas. For the most part co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was focusing on work, as the workplace is a noisy environment. The most rewarding part of the job, as with most jobs, is seeing the completed final product
Other reviews are spot on.
Sheetfed Offset Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 7, 2014
dont bother move on. manegment are morons who go through employees to save there selves. they will work you 12-16 hour days 5 days a week and not care about your home life.

Want to know more about ARKAY PACKAGING?

Ask a question
Maintenance Department Technician
Maintenance Technical Support (Former Employee) –  VADecember 27, 2013
Upon arrival, the maintenance department was in shambles. Having to set up a database to schedule maintenance supply system. Working with two other individuals to set up a system of inventory. I learned how to manage an entire parts department and re-inventory of all parts laying around. Plus, able to set up a new stock and old stock list.
Pros
Work Environment, learning new programs
Cons
healthcare
Too many hours, and not enough benefits, no room for advancement
feeder/packer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 2, 2013
I applied for promotion and was assured that I was a canidate, however, management was fired for sexual harasment. Was also told that the company does not like to hire within and is unwilling to train.When I hired, I was told occasional overtime, and only worked one regualar workweek the entire time I was there. The last week that I worked there I worked 62 hours.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
too many hours, horrible benefits, and un-professional management
Lousiest place I ever worked. Don't go there !!!!
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Roanoke VAApril 8, 2013
Lousiest place I ever worked. Don't go there !!!!
Horrible culture !!!!
Productive work place
Press Feeder (Former Employee) –  Cloverdale, VANovember 7, 2012
A day at work was 12 15 hours day on a press. I learn how to maintenance a press and also how to run a press feed the paper change rails, blankets. My co-workers it was a good experience with them i learned a lot from them.
Pros
a good learning experience
Cons
no breaks and bad management.
Working are just pawns in a chess game
Off-site Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 13, 2012
Long days, terrible work environment, but great management team with compensation.