ARKAY PACKAGING

ARKAY PACKAGING Employer Reviews

Ok place to work, but not a lot of room to grow!
Prepress Operator (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYMay 19, 2014
Most work days started where the previous left off, there was a pretty steady flow of work. Jobs are completed using a program called Artpro which I learned on the fly when i started at Arkay. The line management was knowledgeable, approachable, and open to new ideas. For the most part co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job – more... was focusing on work, as the workplace is a noisy environment. The most rewarding part of the job, as with most jobs, is seeing the completed final product – less
Other reviews are spot on.
Sheetfed Offset Press Operator (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMarch 7, 2014
dont bother move on. manegment are morons who go through employees to save there selves. they will work you 12-16 hour days 5 days a week and not care about your home life.
Maintenance Department Technician
Maintenance Technical Support (Former Employee), VADecember 27, 2013
Pros: work environment, learning new programs
Cons: healthcare
Upon arrival, the maintenance department was in shambles. Having to set up a database to schedule maintenance supply system. Working with two other individuals to set up a system of inventory. I learned how to manage an entire parts department and re-inventory of all parts laying around. Plus, able to set up a new stock and old stock list.
Too many hours, and not enough benefits, no room for advancement
feeder/packer (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJune 2, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: too many hours, horrible benefits, and un-professional management
I applied for promotion and was assured that I was a canidate, however, management was fired for sexual harasment. Was also told that the company does not like to hire within and is unwilling to train.When I hired, I was told occasional overtime, and only worked one regualar workweek the entire time I was there. The last week that I worked there I worked – more... 62 hours. – less
Lousiest place I ever worked. Don't go there !!!!
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Roanoke VAApril 8, 2013
Lousiest place I ever worked. Don't go there !!!!
Horrible culture !!!!
Productive work place
Press Feeder (Former Employee), Cloverdale, VANovember 7, 2012
Pros: a good learning experience
Cons: no breaks and bad management.
A day at work was 12 15 hours day on a press. I learn how to maintenance a press and also how to run a press feed the paper change rails, blankets. My co-workers it was a good experience with them i learned a lot from them.
Working are just pawns in a chess game
Off-site Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAAugust 13, 2012
Long days, terrible work environment, but great management team with compensation.