Arkema Employee Reviews in United States

Research internship
Internship in ARKEMA (Former Employee) –  Lyon, MSDecember 18, 2015
I worked in CTI & Orelis environnement, which focuses on filtration technologies like ceramic or organic membranes. The team in CTI & Orelis environnement represents more than 80 workers. My principal task was to develop and improve a filtration pilot, and to select a membrane dedicated to the filtration of a specific effluent. Most part of the project was done on the field by adjusting the working parameters of the pilot and ensuring its effective operation.
Great place to work, unless you need extra time at home
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Piffard, NYSeptember 25, 2013
By far, I've made more as a Production Operator at Arkema than any other position I've held. As of today, the average salary for a person holding a Master's degree or higher is only around $59k... that is the starting salary of a Union employee at our site. With overtime, I hit around $70k/year. Now that the important part has been said, there's also room to comment on the culture and management at Arkema.

They do seem to favor intrusive leadership, but that is understandable, seeing how we work around highly hazardous materials (explosives, flammables, toxic, corrosive, etc.). The management does a good job of keeping a watchful eye on employees, ensuring quality of production and contentment of employees.

Old timers whine a lot, but once you've worked here for a bit, you'll find that there's not much to complain about.
Pros
compensation, safety culture
Cons
long hours, rotating shifts
Great company to gain experience from
Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 28, 2015
I gained a lot of experience when working with Arkema. It was a great work environment. Everyone was very friendly and willing to take the time to teach me new things and help me understand the purpose of each job.
No training program
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake City, TXOctober 28, 2013
The company had a horrible training program and you practically had to lean everything on your own. There were no training manuals or any type of structured training at all. The bad part was they knew this and have done very little to fix the problem. Management had changed from being up lifting and empowering to becoming very negative and unappreciative. When this happened it just spills over onto everyone below management and becomes infectious to everyone.. I would have the say dealing with negative people & not having the proper training made it a miserable and unsafe place to work for. The money and benefits were the only thing that kept me there and that wasn't good enough after a while..
Pros
money and benefits were the pros
Cons
training program was horrible!!
Great Company to work for
Journeyman Laborer (Current Employee) –  Calvert City, KYJune 29, 2015
I live only 15 min from work, it's nice not to have to drive very far to work,
It is a great company, I enjoy working here.
I like my co workers a lot,
the hardest part of the job is the heat!
Export Account Specialist
Export Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 27, 2013
- Managed export accounts in Pacific Rim, Europe, Central and South America; coordinating customer orders, manufacturing sites, and freight forwarders (air/ocean); ensuring timely shipment of all exports in compliance with US Export Administration and Federal Trade Regulations and Foreign Country Requirements, including HAZMAT
- Prevented cancellation of a $3.7M contract with major European customer by identifying improvement opportunities
- Partnered with 3rd party vendors for safe delivery of 17 forty foot ocean containers for initial Arkema Chemicals joint venture with the Chinese government
-Developed innovative methods of re-routing materials from the Mobile, AL plant during the aftermath of Hurricanes Katrina and Wilma
-Performed analysis of sales order data in support of forecasting process; monitored unplanned demand activity and provided updates for Sales & Operations planning
Interesting work, pays well.
Production Supervisor - Kettle Operator (Former Employee) –  Saukville, WIAugust 8, 2012
Union shop. Management and union workers do not work together very well. Corporate offices out of touch with what goes on at the plant. Safety of workers not always a top priority.
Pros
able to do job with little supervision
Cons
do not get a lot of days off
Good company
Logistics/Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Saukville, WIJuly 28, 2013
Arkema has a strong commitment to Safety and its employees. They provided a great balance of benefits and work environment. My 2 years with them was satisfying on a personal level.
Company moved out of state
Extruder operator (Former Employee) –  Kensington, CTSeptember 8, 2013
Arkema was a great place to work but moved out of the state to Kentucky.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
rotating shifts at the end of my employment
Works well
Sr. Admin (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PAJanuary 19, 2014
They have a good work life balance and safety is their number one priority
Dysfunctional Business Units
Demand Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAMarch 7, 2014
All of the business units work separately and do very little cross functional work between businesses. Every business unit has positions prioritized differently. Some are supply chain focused and others are sales focused.

The company is French owned so all reorganization happens in the America's and not abroad. The most profitable businesses had to cut back so that there we not layoffs in the French divisions.
Supply Chain Cost Specialist
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCJuly 25, 2014
Review and maintain SAP price & contract exception messages and take required action to resolve invoice price, quantity, timing variances, and service issues for the business warehouse, terminal, and Toller facilities.
Manage SAP master data (timeliness & accuracy), facility data, and forecast data to ensure cost effective and reliable business support services. Tasks must incorporate and resolve new growth volumes, new product scale ups, product capability vs. capacity match, and seasonal services requirements.Create Inventory Schedule Agreements and Deliver Schedule PO’s for manufacturing
Measure and analyze time, quantity, and accuracy cost data for each terminal, warehouse, and Toller facility service
Resolve issues causing non-optimal performance, potential business interruptions, or negative customer impact.
Measure and communicate the plan vs. actual performance for each terminal, warehouse, and Toller while analyzing, understanding, resolving the significant variances. The variances should be addressed timely to reduce Total Cost to Serve and to achieve the Tactical Operations PlanNegotiate pricing with suppliers.
Maintain the Supply Chain Asset Cost master data files and folder structures.Work on SAP System
Purchasing Department primary SAP Purchasing Super User
Provide reports summarizing cost performance for Terminals, Warehouses, Tollers, including trend performance vs previous quarter and Year over Year. Reports must identify key cost drivers vs planned cost activity and overall business goals
Actively participate in support and lead improvement projects for the
  more... business terminal, warehouse, and Toller costs and services for the optimization of customer and product sourcing as well as business structural cost reduction.
Pros
compensation, travel
Cons
no documented processes
Regional Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 11, 2013
Arkema is a good company to work for, with many opportunities to move around within the company.
Many Markets covering North, Cenral and South America
Market Manager Industrial Specialties NAFTA (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCJune 10, 2013
Traveled for multiple weeks at times. Was extremly challenging.
Pros
great networking experience
Cons
spread to thin
Fun place to work
Instrumentation Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Calvert City, KYDecember 2, 2012
I learned a lot about how the manufacturing enviroment works. The most enjoyable part was working with my supervisor about how the process works.
Great hometown feel
Maintenance-Inventory and Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Crosby, TXOctober 13, 2012
All the employees were just like hometown folk and easy to work with.

I was able to learn the full job scope of procurement and inventory managing.