ARLA FOODS Employee Reviews

Management no due process
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Hollandtown WIJanuary 9, 2017
When it comes to working conditions management never believes workers who are falsely accused. If workers do not like certain employees then they file a false safety violation report know as a mis hit against said worker and tghen without proper investigation they fire that said employee.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Many things against worker 88% Turnover rate
Great people to work with
Import Specialist (Former Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJSeptember 14, 2016
Great people to work with domestically and internationally.
Going thru restructuring at the moment.
Understanding about family life.
Pros
Cheese Samples
Cons
No room for advancement
Incredible company for professional and personal growth
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  DenmarkSeptember 8, 2016
During my time at Arla I had the opportunity to get trained in different personal and professional aspects. Lots of coaching, mentoring and training courses that allowed me to reach a higher level.

Typical day started with a flexible time to enter between 7 and 9 am to allow adaptation to your personal life style. The day was busy with lots of work and deliverables, and in my case quite some travel. Lunch was a nice buffet of warm meals, salads, and great catered food. The afternoon had its usual coffee time to talk to colleagues and discuss work.

The management had a very personal approach to discuss work and your involvement in the company at many levels. Co-workers were friendly and supportive. The hardest part of the job was high priority deliverables and results that needed to be finalized at certain times during the year. I loved the balance of work and personal life the company allow employees and the great amount of resources they gave employees to perform at their best. Motivation and empowerment was a key aspect of management.
Pros
resources, balanced life, working environment
Cons
Very Danish town with not much multicultural sorrounding
Packing Technician
Packaging technician and machinist (Current Employee) –  Hollandtown, WIAugust 18, 2016
My day starts between 5-6 AM and is done between 1-3 PM. I do enjoy working for Arla. The management within Arla Foods is kind and pleasant to work with.
good job opportunity for college students
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Kaukauna, WIDecember 9, 2014
Depending on your assigned job, hours are typically set. work conditions are good, management could use a little work. there really isn't a "hard" part about this job because there really isn't anything too labor intensive.
Good pay but not a typical work place for minorities.
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Kaukauna, WIAugust 25, 2014
They will get rid of you with no notice. You work most weekends and you really have no time for yourself.
Pros
good pay
Cons
management
Significant Need for Culture Change
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Kaukauna, WIJanuary 13, 2014
Expect to work long hours (including Saturday and Sunday) in a plant environment run by ego-motivated male leaders.
Pros
Buy Cheese at a Discount
Cons
Long Hours; Poor Management; Male-Dominant Environment
A nice and fast paced company
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Kaukauna, WIAugust 15, 2012
When you come to work, your line leader will tell you how many cheese will be package and tell you what you will be doing. I've learned that operating a machine has a lot of safety rules and caution. When I have a rough day, I'll let my line leader know that today is not a good day and ask if I can do something else. My co-workers always give each other positive feed back and what we need to work on to get better. Some jobs are hard and easy. The hardest part of this job is running the machine because every single cheese needs to be bagged and is a very fast paced job. At the end of the day, I like to take my time cleaning and getting positive feed backs.
Pros
discount for cheese
Cons
short breaks
loved it the people i worked with are like family
Packager, back-up line leader, warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Kaukauna WiAugust 2, 2012
it was a great place to work, the people make it all worth it! Some of the lines were great they always would keep me moving, i dont like to stand still in one spot for a long peroid of time
Fun placce to work, its like a big family
Loved working there, but it didnt work out, i would love the chance to work there again.

Want to know more about ARLA FOODS?

Ask a question
Relaxed place to work. European environement.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJFebruary 19, 2012
Nice place to work but limited chance of advancement. Benefits were not competetive.
Pros
relaxed environememt
Cons
limited advancement