Arlington County

Arlington County Employer Reviews

Productive and Positive Environment
Budget Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, VAOctober 20, 2014
A typical day was simply completing paperwork making sure the salaries are ready and finding solutions. During my place there I have learned patience, teamwork, and helping others resolve any worries concerning work. The management team helped me and gave me the support to be the best that I can be. My co-workers all were a hardworking team. We became – more... a family because we knew if we worked together things would run much smoother. The hardest part of my job is leaving because at work I truly feel I am making an impact everyday that I am there. The most enjoyable part of my job is solving issues concerning pay roll. – less
Service Crew Member (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 27, 2014
Hard work but worth experience
Learned how to use power tools
Great potential for excellence, enjoyable work,
Equipment Bureau Chief (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 13, 2014
Overall positive experience. I enjoyed having great credibility and inclusion in management committees. I was able to propose many improvements to the operation.

On the down side there are impediments including decision making at top management levels instead of the appropriate level of management, ineffective purchasing procedures, cumbersome personnel – more... procedures.

The staff are quite capable but first level supervisors are ineffective. Mid-level managers are not engaged as much as they should be. – less
learning a lot of QA & QC for DOC DOC.
Record Assistant IV (Former Employee), Alrington, VANovember 3, 2013
requirement a lot of detail and function communication between the courthouse and sheriff. It also needs performance the job accurately in order to calculate inmate sentence.
Some management was not great
Mgmt and Bud Bureau Chief for Dept of Human Svcs (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMay 24, 2013
Pros: wanted to get medical issues resolved.
Cons: management was not forced to get positive.
The first manager I had was great but after that the management was not positive and caused a lot of people to leave their jobs. It was important to me to work there as we helped people with medical issues to try to keep them stable and healthy. The majority of co-workers were great and positive but most of them left because of the change in management.