Arlington ISD Employee Reviews

Good work place
Assistant Physical Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Get things set up for the morning, set out items for activities throughout the day, warm up exercises, line up kids to leave the gym when there teachers are there.
Fulfilling work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 3, 2018
I was a substitute teacher. I loved the job and would still be there except that you could be falsely accused of anything by either teachers and students. I was accused 3 times (by whom I have no idea) and found innocent of any wrong doing in any of the 3 accusations; but was fired any way.

I considered going to another ISD, but decided it was not worth the risk of losing my savings and/or home proving I was innocent if one accusation ever went to court.
Pros
very flexible schedules; students
Cons
No protection from false accusations.
It is okay to work as a brand new teacher
Instructional Coach & RTI Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 18, 2017
The teacher salaries are not comparable to the rest of the districts. AISD does not compensate you based on what you do. Don't expect to get paid what you are worth. Difficult to move upward in the district without knowing the right people. Upward movement is not about how hard your work or the quality of your work...it is who you know.
Pros
Good campus culture at some schools
Cons
Compensation, support for upward movement in the district
Interacting with the kids
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 17, 2017
Planning activities for students helping students with the there work. Teaching the classroom traveling to different schools meeting new co-workers and students
Pros
Being off on holidays and spring break
Cons
They would pay more and would change the pay period to twice a week instead of once a month
Good School District to teach in.
Classroom Teacher Grades 3-6 (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 17, 2017
AISD is a good district to work in, just be wary of which school you apply for. Some of the schools have rough kids and it is very stressful. You will burn out quickly.
Assistant Teacher
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 6, 2017
Assisted Lead Teachers in supervising in-classroom activities, and meals.
Handled small groups while creating a fun and educational atmosphere in the classroom
Great place
Family Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 25, 2017
Great place to work for those who like to help and inspire the future leaders of america. The school district is a great place to give back and help our communities!
Arlington ISD
Reading Specialist (Former Employee) –  AtlingtonNovember 24, 2017
Arlington is a district that is in the process of bringing innovative instruction and a multitude of opportunities to their students. Teachers are supported with stellar staff development and opportunities for growth. Peers are helpful, friendly, and work together for their students. Teacher professional developme is offered, sometimes required for all subjects. Management is trained and supported my monthly meetings. Multi pal opportunities for strident so to prepare for their next steps, college or job opportunities.
Pros
Competitive wages, supportive staff
Cons
Long hours, stressful testing state mandated testing.
Substitute
Substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 10, 2017
Worked as a substitute teacher for a short while, mostly kept the students in line. I learned I did not want to be a teacher, it was much too stressful dealing with other people children.
Pros
good hours
Cons
not my goal
Temporary Job
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 5, 2017
A typical day working with 4 to 5 student 2 days a week. This was a very temporary job when I was in school. Learned a lot and have rolled that into my currently tutoring role.

Want to know more about Arlington ISD?

Ask a question
what aday at work looks like.
Teacher assistant in the special education (Current Employee) –  lamar high schoolSeptember 25, 2017
I work with sped students, They are from 13-22 in years old.
wheelchair bound. Hand over hand teaching. feeding and changing diapers.to working with students that are able to do what is asked of them to do but just needs help .
Pros
seeing a child get something for the first time
Cons
students come to school sick
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX 76013September 14, 2017
Arlington ISD is an awesome place to work. I love the way the district is involved with student activities. They are willing to help all students and staff.
Pros
Summers off
Cons
Sometimes the work load can be a bit much depending on which department you work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 7, 2017
To be explained. overall, it was a pretty good experience. I learned a lot about the trade and gained additional skill sets to take into my future career.
Great people
SPED Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 23, 2017
The schools in Arlington really care about your child and their learning. I would recommend the district to anyone. The staff is some of the best. Top rating
Teaching is not what it used to be.
Educator/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 11, 2017
There are a few good schools in Arlington, but if you value respect, then do your homework and stay away from "Title 1", inner-city kinds of schools. The children can be exceedingly challenging, and there is only so much that administrators can do to support you.

For more information about each school, go to greatschools.org and schooldigger.com.

Ultimately, for many reasons, I cannot endorse AIS as a good place for teachers. However, there are many great teachers there!
Substitute Teaching
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 1, 2017
What can I say? If you're looking to figure out, whether or not, teaching is going to be a right fit for you, then become a substitute teacher. The pay is definitely a set back but the skills you'll learn and the network that you will build is invaluable.
Contract Work
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 20, 2017
Working as a teacher is a challenge not only for the variety of personalities with students but the uncertainty of job security, let alone placement. The understandable differences in personality are things within an employee's realm of control. Whether you are able to stay at a campus and "put down roots" is not. The ability to stay at a campus is dependant on the student population. If the proper number of students is not met, a teacher may be "surplus" to another campus.
Good
In-School Suspension Instructor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 29, 2017
I really enjoyed working with Arlington ISD. The organization of the district was great. The people that work within the school wee always helpful and polite. I really enjoyed the time worked at this job.
Pros
Well organized
Cons
No benifits for ISS Instructors
Wonderful
Substitute Bilingual Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 24, 2017
Teacher were organized leaving lesson plans for me. Great culture. Professionalism. It was fun working there. Competitive payment. Great environment.
Pros
Work everyday
Cons
Couldn't find a full time job
sub teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 5, 2017
Subbing dont give much of a security, if you dont work you dont get pay.Be prepared to find you a job for thanksgiving, Christmas, spring and summer breaks.