Arlington ISD Employee Reviews

Security Corporal (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 2, 2016
Overall a good company with good benefits and lots of overtime. Two week vacation. Holiday pay and more.
Grat environment only bad thing not a lot of room for advancement.

Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Commitment to excellence; Flexibility
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 2, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my job as a teacher. The students were so friendly and eager to learn. The teachers were committed to providing the most excellent learning experience possible. The parents were flexible when it came to assisting and providing things needed for the classroom. Although the support and respect from teachers to other teachers was minimum, the amount of enthusiasm and energy was high. The hardest part of the job was trying not to compete to be the best. All the teachers set the bar high for their classrooms and each teacher wanted to shine.
Pros
Everyday brought sunshine--the children were awesome!
Cons
The teachers had a hard time getting along because of leadership issues.
Rewarding and great experience. Friendly and pleasant environment
Elementary School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 14, 2017
Each day brought a new challenge. The staff was wonderful to work with and genuinely cared about kids. The principal was very positive and very professional. She cared about her staff and gave them the liberty to be the best teachers they could be.

Parents were very appreciative. They were committed to their children getting the best education.

Great school district and very dedicated director.
Pros
Great principle
Cons
DK
Good people to work with; Administration and training are lacking
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cooper St.November 8, 2016
Some campuses are run very well. My current placement was a forced relocation due to low numbers. The training and coaching are lacking here.
The administration at this campus is not helpful.
My co-workers are great!
The hardest part of my job is the mound of paperwork, deadlines, test scores, etc.....
The best part of the job is the kids!
Pros
good pay, good schedule
Cons
too much paperwork and micro managing
Fun but seroius job
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 8, 2016
Being a bus driver is fun but you also have a lot of responsibility. Not only do you have a bus full of kids from high school, elementary and Jr. high but you must get them to school and back home in safe and timely manner. You must obtain a class B CDL license and get CPR as well as situational and safety training. Anything can happen on the road so you must be aware of your surroundings inside and outside of the bus at all times. Defensive driving is a must. As with any job repetition helps you to get better at the job. You develop a good relationship with the students and with staff as well. The only down side is that you do not get paid at all for any time off work for example spring break, Christmas, Summer, etc.
Pros
Get to meet alot of people and vacation time
Cons
Healthcare, pay
Enjoyed working at AISD
Communicator Facilitator/ Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Great School District. Great leaders. Diversity. Looking forward to benefit each child at district. Met great people the time I was working there. Safe place to work,
Pros
Close home
Hard work, take care of the kids, having a lot of patience
Substitute teacher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 24, 2016
The jobs requires a lot of patience dealing with kids and sometimes even dealing with the students behavior. The students would sometimes even use slang and hit the teacher so dealing with this kind of stuff is really painful.
Great Job for people aspiring to work in the education field.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 7, 2013
There is no typical day at work, everyday will be different. The thing I learned very quickly was that children will not respect you if you don't demand respect. The hardest part of the job is being patient with the teenage child who's sole intention is to be disrespectful and get dismissed from class. The most enjoyable part of the job is multiple children telling you they hope you get to be there substitute teacher again.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
No Benifits
A few things can be learned/acquired while working here
Food Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 26, 2013
Sort of repetitive work. I look forward to serving the children. Management is ok yet sometimes can be a not so professional at times. Once I got to know mgt., I learned what to say/not to say at times regarding anything personal. Mostly Hispanic environment; that can be challenging at times but I roll with it and when I leave work it stays there...
Pros
Some benefits and bonus pay incentives
Cons
Environment can be more diverse
excellent employer training and support
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 25, 2016
Received superior ratings as employee in all observations and reviews. District supported its employees well and fairly.
Pros
Good support
Cons
no cons
The place of job was safe and I enjoyed teaching the children
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 19, 2016
The environment at AISD was good and I learned through the time how to assist the students to achieve a good grades and never give up support and help them to reach the goal.
Pros
Good and safe environment as well the academical preparation
Cons
low rates in salaries
A good place to work because everyone worked together.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TexasOctober 16, 2012
A very good place to work if you were in it for the long haul. Good benefits and good people to work for and with.
Pros
noone riding you or looking over your shoulder.you did not have to be in a rush.
Cons
putting up with the disrespect from the students.
Demanding and Exciting place to be
Orchestra Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 10, 2016
Typical day included lesson planning, resetting room for class (I shared a classroom) and traveling from school to school (I taught at 3 schools). Job was exciting and I always had to think on my toes coming up with new and exciting ways to teach beginner to advance string players (Orchestra Teacher).
Busy, Busy, Busy!
Educational Diagnostician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 15, 2015
I am grateful to Arlington ISD for the experience I gained while working there. I was able to put into practice the many theories of Special Education and Assessment, as well as, Special Education law.

The most difficult part of the job was being stretched thin due to the workload. There were major changes going on in Special Education at my time of employment and much of my time was spent educating staff members and insuring paperwork was correct leaving less time to spend evaluating and interacting with students.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the time I was able to spend with children evaluating how they think and developing interventions to help them learn. I thoroughly enjoy the diagnostic process.
Pros
Education and experience
Cons
limited time and resources
Fun place to work.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 8, 2016
Arlington school district is a nice place to work. You can selected the days you want to work. You do not have a phone system calling you to remind you of your assignment.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Working with children is very rewarding.
Special Education Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 6, 2016
I enjoyed working in the education environment. At the time, the pay was not sufficient to provide for my family. I'm interested in working in education again.
New and exciting day by day
Substitute teacher/longterm substitute (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 15, 2012
I arrive at work about 30 minutes early to get things ready for class. The students come in at 8:45 and my day really begins. We have upsa and downs as to be expected at a junior high. At 4:00 I wrap things up and head home. Working with children you learn patience and understanding. You also realize that you must take charge to keep the day going. A good working relationship with others helps when you need support or have questions. The hardest part of my day is keeping the attention of the kids while keeping them on task. I enjoy interacting with them and being not only a teacher but a mentor.
Pros
an off period to take a break, get extra work completed.
Cons
short lunches
Good and bad
manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 19, 2015
It's much like any place when they love you they love you, when they don't care what they do to you. Pay is poor and doesn't get better with time.
Pros
Good Holidays
Cons
Pay
Demanding professionally and emotionally
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 4, 2015
Balance of home and work is hard to manage. I would prefer a job that I do not have to take home with me.

The children are fun to work with, and it is exciting to watch their progression.

Classroom environment lends itself to creative personalities and opportunities.
i love it
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 8, 2015
making sure i get there on time

learned how to manage large groups of students
and how to handle stress
co workers were awesome
Pros
great part time job
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arlington ISD. Our community is ready to answer.

91%