Arlington ISD Employee Reviews

i love it
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 8, 2015
making sure i get there on time

learned how to manage large groups of students
and how to handle stress
co workers were awesome
Pros
great part time job
Good and bad
manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 19, 2015
It's much like any place when they love you they love you, when they don't care what they do to you. Pay is poor and doesn't get better with time.
Pros
Good Holidays
Cons
Pay
Busy, Busy, Busy!
Educational Diagnostician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 15, 2015
I am grateful to Arlington ISD for the experience I gained while working there. I was able to put into practice the many theories of Special Education and Assessment, as well as, Special Education law.

The most difficult part of the job was being stretched thin due to the workload. There were major changes going on in Special Education at my time of employment and much of my time was spent educating staff members and insuring paperwork was correct leaving less time to spend evaluating and interacting with students.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the time I was able to spend with children evaluating how they think and developing interventions to help them learn. I thoroughly enjoy the diagnostic process.
Pros
Education and experience
Cons
limited time and resources
Demanding professionally and emotionally
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 4, 2015
Balance of home and work is hard to manage. I would prefer a job that I do not have to take home with me.

The children are fun to work with, and it is exciting to watch their progression.

Classroom environment lends itself to creative personalities and opportunities.
Love working with kids
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 14, 2015
I would work with special kids, one on one. Help the teacher with group activities. Monitor the kids at lunch time. Help the kids in the computer lab.
Teaching!
Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington High SchoolAugust 24, 2015
Any teacher understands the ups and downs of the job. Life as an education starts mostly with downs and as the year continues it just keeps dropping. But as you develop relationships with your kids and they start trusting you the light in their eyes is like nothing else.
Pros
Interactions
Cons
Success dependent on teams and support
A challenging place to work with students of today.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TexasJuly 30, 2015
Depending on assignment, most locations consisted of a very friendly environment, which allowed you the opportunity to interact with teachers and administration.
Pros
Flexibility, Close to home
Cons
Tense environment
I loved teaching in Arlington, Texas
teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TexasJuly 29, 2015
I loved teaching Kindergarten and sixth grade at Blanton Elementary in Arlington, Texas. I enjoyed teaching 5th grade at Corey Elementary in Arlington, Texas. Both schools were excellent and I enjoyed working with the children, parents, teachers, and administrators.
Pros
excellent working conditions
Cons
outside work at night to be prepared for the next day
A good place to work for employees and a good place for kids to be schooled.
Teacher-substitute (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TexasJuly 21, 2015
I liked Arlington Independent School District very much and would like to work there again. Their successes with their students gives me much to admire.
Pros
Place of work with good values, high achievers and possibilities.
Cons
Working with students as a substitute does not offer much pay.
I love what I do
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 19, 2015
I wake up in the morning ready to start the day, my co-workers are the best we're family, the hardest part of my job is seeing someone in pain, the most enjoyable part is seeing a smile on a childs face.
tough school tough kids
Resource Teacher (Former Employee) –  arlington texasApril 17, 2015
intermediate level, kids fight in hallways and in classroom. staff was wonderful and always for me. Boys bumped into me, one threw a maltiv cocktail at my car.
Energetic and fast-paced environment
Assistant Principal (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 16, 2015
From serving as an instructional leader to teachers to mentoring high school students, my responsibilities are vast and vary on a daily basis. I enjoy the opportunity to work with like-minded individuals who care deeply about the work we do.
It's been several years since I've worked there and the overall culture has changed. I don't feel comfortable commenting and shouldn't be required
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 10, 2014
Good starting job.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 12, 2013
Only worked there one year but it seemed good.
Co-workers were helpful and supportive.
Independent work, multifaceted expectations
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sam Houston High SchoolDecember 11, 2013
As a public school teacher, I typically deal with behavior issue on a regular basis. There is always work to keep me busy, whether I'm grading papers, creating new assignments, analyzing student performance data, creating interventions for student performance data, attending professional developments, etc.; productivity is never an issue. I've leaned that the job of a teacher is often undervalued by those who aren't aware of our duties responsibilities, as we are constantly on an uphill battle as we push towards student success. Of the few obstacle I've faced as a teacher, one that always makes me squeamish is when I have a formal observation. Student behavior is very unpredictable, so a well-planned lesson can go really good or really bad depending on the mood of the students. Some flaws are often overlooked, as some who evaluate show mercy because they comprehend the struggles teachers face. It can be very tough when under that pressure, but that is not the hardest part of my job. In fact, the hardest part of my job, thus far has been dealing with other adults. As I learned in college, being a teacher almost forces you to be innovative on a consistent basis. Many teacher that have been teaching for years are complacent and shy away from trying new things. The hardest part of my job is the unwillingness of teachers to "go there" with me. I feel that some of the ideas I share with my peers do get acknowledged because of other teachers' fear of how well the idea will work and because of their pride in what they already do. On the other hand, I do enjoy using my ideas and other  more... shared ideas to benefit the students who are in my classes. At the end of the school year, after all the grading and other miscellaneous pandimonium is over, I LOVE the 3 month vacation I get over the summer.  less
Pros
3 month vacation, 40 minute lunch, flexible job structure
Wonderful Staff and Management
Teacher Assistant - Special Needs (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 5, 2013
Focused and great place to work. Team work managing and teaching students from a multi-cultural backgrounds.
Pros
free lunches on most holidays
Cons
short breaks
A few things can be learned/acquired while working here
Food Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 26, 2013
Sort of repetitive work. I look forward to serving the children. Management is ok yet sometimes can be a not so professional at times. Once I got to know mgt., I learned what to say/not to say at times regarding anything personal. Mostly Hispanic environment; that can be challenging at times but I roll with it and when I leave work it stays there...
Pros
some benefits and bonus pay incentives
Cons
environment can be more diverse
Great Job for people aspiring to work in the education field.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 7, 2013
There is no typical day at work, everyday will be different. The thing I learned very quickly was that children will not respect you if you don't demand respect. The hardest part of the job is being patient with the teenage child who's sole intention is to be disrespectful and get dismissed from class. The most enjoyable part of the job is multiple children telling you they hope you get to be there substitute teacher again.
Pros
job security
Cons
no benifits
My experience with AISD
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 1, 2013
A typical day at AISD was very enjoyable and rewarding! I learned how to teach children everything from the ABCs to conflict resolution. The principle at the school was very involved and genuinely cared about her teachers and students! My co-workers were the same! The hardest part of the job was the unruly children. But even with those children, the hardest part was leaving them at the end of the school year! The most enjoyable part was seeing the things you teach a child grow and flourish!
Pros
strong family structure within faculty
Cons
the pay is very low for tas
NA
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 16, 2013
GREAT JOB WOULD LOVE TO GO BACK TO THIS JOB IF I NEEDED TO..THEY WORK WITH U AND THEY HAVE THEIR EMPLOYEES BACKS..