Title of Position: Lead Front End Engineer
Category: Software Engineer
Location: Mountain View, CA
Education: BS Degree Required, Computer Science or Engineering degree
Minimum Experience: 7-10+ Years
About the role of Lead Front End Engineer:
Exciting direct hire opportunity for a Lead Front-End software engineer to join a rapidly growing virtual reality / MPP gaming company with over 100 million registered users. As the lead front-end software developer on our core product team, you will champion and foster browser based user interface development efforts as we bring complex 3D-based functionality to the web. You will collaborate with software engineers, user experience, and visual designers to deliver immersive and distinctive 3D content in a web browser. As our front-end domain expert, you will promote excellence in front-end engineering, improving code quality, productivity, and skills through processes, projects, learning, and mentorship. Your passion for building scalable, forward-thinking front-end code is supported by your curiosity, understanding, and application of emerging technologies that benefit your work.
Must Have Qualifications of Lead Front End Engineer:
- Firm grasp of Computer Science fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Strong working knowledge of cross platform/browser compatibility issues (specifically, but not limited to IE, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome).
- Familiarity with Backbone, Handlebars, SASS, and related technologies.
- Experience working with a RESTful LAMP stack.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with test-driven development, specifically integration tools such as Selenium, QUnit, or similar.
- Knowledge of the latest design and development trends from tablet, mobile, responsive design, accessibility, site performance, and progressive enhancement.
- Experience with WebGL and building immersive experiences that feel like a native app.
About The Armada Group:
The Armada Group is a Silicon Valley based On-Demand Talent Solutions™ firm, specializing in Software Engineering, Information Technology (IT), and Project Management. Armada’s mission is to Connect Extraordinary Talent with World Class Opportunities. Many of the world’s fastest growing, most innovative companies work with us to find and engage extraordinary technical talent.
Lead Software Engineer, Sr. Frontend Software Engineer, Sr. Frontend Software Developer, Lead Front End Engineer
The Armada Group is a Silicon Valley based On-Demand Talent Solutions™ firm, specializing in Software Engineering, Information...